• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 360 Season 9 Thread: A Jgar for All Seasons

BirdBomb

Banned
AirBrian said:
Yes, I played your brother on Sunday. It was like 2PM when our game ended and I wanted to go eat lunch. I've been on Live Monday evening, Tuesday evening, Wednesday evening, and for an hour last night. I am never on during the day on M-F because of work. With the exception of CB (because we couldn't connect the first time and it seems we have opposite schedules), I've had no problems scheduling games all season long, and have even been a sub for two games.

And my record has nothing to do with this. I don't ****ing care if I'm 1-10, I play every game to win. But I'm sure I'll be 1-11 after I play you because of your 18 bombs a game and jetpack throws, but whatever.

9PM tonight will be fine.

wtf? 18 bombs and jet packing throws? what games have you been watching? I hardly ever go deep in this game because my receivers never go for the ball, or i get sacked before throwing the ball. What are "jet pack throws"? i thought jet packing was throwing a streak and manually catching it with the animation that is a catch 90% of the time...do you even know what you're saying? i throw the ball to the outside, and sometimes over the middle, RARELY do i go deep. Do me a favor, please think about what you're saying before you say it...

DCX said:
Vump has my number...and it seems if i play my part, i would have to face him to earn a right in the super bowl...man.

DCX

Winning a league will usually have you going through the best in the end.

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
Winning a league will usually have you going through the best in the end.
That is true...if there is any justice i will beat Matrix, Vump and you on my way to the finals and beat Wellie in the Super Bowl :p

DCX

DCX said:
That is true...if there is any justice i will beat Matrix, Vump and you on my way to the finals and beat Wellie in the Super Bowl :p

DCX

Can anyone confirm if someone has ever won a GAF league in back to back seasons? I'm just curious...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Birdman02 said:
matrix, chrisjames and hgplayer....i should be around tonight...if not the I'm definitely available saturday morning unitl around 2 pm. Let me know when you guys want to play, so I can finish my miserable season :(

I can play tonight starting at around 10:30 pm eastern time.

Birdman whats your xbox live gamertag?

Shawnwhann said:
My season's all done, it looks like Azwethinkweiz is going to be my round one opponent. Do we know when we are looking to start the playoffs?

Dammit, again? Playing you is so damn stressful. I can be shutting you down all game then all of a sudden it's lights out in the 4th quarter.

P.S. CB, if you wanna try to give our game another go, I'll be out of town until Sunday evening but we can try again then.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Dammit, again? Playing you is so damn stressful. I can be shutting you down all game then all of a sudden it's lights out in the 4th quarter.

P.S. CB, if you wanna try to give our game another go, I'll be out of town until Sunday evening but we can try again then.

I've got a pretty good idea of what I need to do to get past you this time, but odds are in your favor considerig you've beaten me twice. It should be great!!

bluemax

Banned
sableholic said:
So lets see I got malley, vump, and bluemax. When are you guys available? Anytime this weekend?

Hopefully Saturday night, but more likely sometime on Sunday. I have a huge programming project due on Sunday. We're in the final debugging/testing phase right now and I'll probably be in the computer lab from 5pm today until sometime tomorrow. I'm not flaking, honest.

Roster update said:
• WR Vincent Jackson – 78 to 79 OVR Chargers

Too little too late. I hope the Chargers get a playmaker at WR this offseason. No deep threat it seems like and too many dropped passes from my other guys.

Birdman and Matrix, I have some friends over for the weekend, but I can still get my games in either later tonight or tomorrow. You can just send me a message on XBL.

bluemax said:
Hopefully Saturday night, but more likely sometime on Sunday. I have a huge programming project due on Sunday. We're in the final debugging/testing phase right now and I'll probably be in the computer lab from 5pm today until sometime tomorrow. I'm not flaking, honest.

Too little too late. I hope the Chargers get a playmaker at WR this offseason. No deep threat it seems like and too many dropped passes from my other guys.

Hey man no biggie, I know how the huge programming projects go, so take your time. I'm in no rush. I wouldn't want to be considered a "flake" so I am finishing my games if malley and vump respond within the time limit.

Rorschach

Malleymal said:
I know I have been out the loop... but let me back into your heart guys... this weekend will be good...
Name a day/time :p I'll be available tonight and pretty much all of Sunday. Saturday will be iffy for me.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That was the laggiest f-ing game ive played since they patched this game and of course my game crashes after I lost so I dont get stats,which is starting to happen way too much *the game crashing*

I lost 35-20 to Birdman.

I think FMT gave me a busted copy of madden,damn game crashes all the time :lol :( I think the ****er is dying.

Birdman02

matrix....sorry it was laggy for you...i had some at first, but it was gone late in the 1st qtr. i'll enter the game stats....do you want me to send you player stats?

Matrix

Its all good,not your fault.

Nah I dont care about my player stats at this point,my guys dont lead in anything.

Matrix said:
I lost 35-20 to Birdman.

So I still have a shot at winning the division... maybe. My night has been pretty crazy so tomorrow will be better for me to play either/both of you (before 6-7 pm EST).

BirdBomb

Banned
sorry, something came up. was planning on going to watch my girl perform tomorrow night, but went tonight with her parents instead. of you're still around im free in about 1/2 an hour, or tomorrow almost anytime

Birdman02

ChrisJames said:
So I still have a shot at winning the division... maybe. My night has been pretty crazy so tomorrow will be better for me to play either/both of you (before 6-7 pm EST).

Well, my little boy (7 months old) is sick, so I probably won't be online until he goes to bed tonight (if I'm on at all). Sunday will probably be the same. I should be able to play Monday night (around 9 cst) if that works for you.

It looks like I have a very, very slim shot at the division too.....If I beat the lions and saints AND Matrix loses BOTH of his last two games, then we would be tied...not sure what the tiebreaker would be though. Probably won't happen, but I can dream....can't I? :)

Birdman02 said:
Well, my little boy (7 months old) is sick, so I probably won't be online until he goes to bed tonight (if I'm on at all). Sunday will probably be the same. I should be able to play Monday night (around 9 cst) if that works for you.

It looks like I have a very, very slim shot at the division too.....If I beat the lions and saints AND Matrix loses BOTH of his last two games, then we would be tied...not sure what the tiebreaker would be though. Probably won't happen, but I can dream....can't I? :)

Ok that's fine. I hope your son feels better (wow, 7 months. congrats on being a father!).

Matrix, I don't know exactly when I'll be able to play our game, but we'll get it in soon. I might be able to play late tonight or I can play tomorrow during the afternoon or the day after that...

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Matrix

Chris I can play real late like after midnight or Monday night after 11 pm eastern.

I cant play during the afternoon tomorrow,im having some friends over.

Rorschach

I'm guessing Champ had 5 tackles and not 55 against the Ravens, so I'm gonna leave it like that. If I'm wrong, feel free to change it, Ando.

KONEX/MALLEY: come on, guys!

Birdman, Malley, and Matrix: I can play just about anytime this week and late tonight (after midnight EST) so just let me know when you want to get our games in.

Birdman02 said:
chris, i can play around 9 cst tonite...how does that work for you?

Hey just saw this, can you play in 45 min.?

edit: wow, that was an AMAZING game. I barely won (should've lost probably) on a 48 yd. field goal as time expired in OVERTIME. Great game Birdman.

Dammit! my players stats aren't showing! Birdman if you can post my important people's (rushing, passing) stats I'd appreciate it.

Birdman02

ChrisJames said:
Hey just saw this, can you play in 45 min.?

edit: wow, that was an AMAZING game. I barely won (should've lost probably) on a 48 yd. field goal as time expired in OVERTIME. Great game Birdman.

Dammit! my players stats aren't showing! Birdman if you can post my important people's (rushing, passing) stats I'd appreciate it.

Definitely a great game....f-ing lag hiccups cost me two field goals (one in the 1st and one in OT) and field position on a kickoff. Oh well, i hate losing games that way, but it was definitely fun to play. There were a couple of stops I should have made that would have won the game for me.

I didn't get player stats either...kind of weird because usually at least one person can see them.

bluemax

Banned
sableholic said:
Hey man no biggie, I know how the huge programming projects go, so take your time. I'm in no rush. I wouldn't want to be considered a "flake" so I am finishing my games if malley and vump respond within the time limit.

Yeah, ugh I spent over 30 hours from Friday at 5pm to last night around 12:30 there and another 5.5 hours today. It's done and now I have a week or so until the next project, which is supposed to be the worst. I'm making dinner and gonna play some Crackdown but if you're around hit me up.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Missing the game against Jax. Do I need to get a fill in or just leave it alone?
I can fill that in for you any time.

Andokuky said:
Is my playoff spot on lock? or will Rors pass me if he wins his last game??

*EDIT*
This is BirdBomb
If I win, you'll have to worry about your tie breakers with the seahawks since I'd win the division. I knew I shouldn't have given that win to the Seachickens :(

Although, I'm technically ahead of him right now...he just hasn't played as many games.

Matrix

ChrisJames said:
Matrix and Malley, let's get our games in before Friday. Let me know when you can play. I'll be around tonight after 10-10:30 EST.

I think I'll be able to play around 11:30,but that all depends if my internet stays up.

My Road Runner service has been awful this past month and the last two days it keeps going out.

Can an admin tell us when we are expecting to finish this league? I really want to unload this game so I can help fund a couple of game purchases I have been eyeing. From eyeballing the last 45-50 posts, there has been no declaration about when league needs to be done. Thanks in advance!!

WOW!!! You sure told me!! A simple "Starts Friday" would suffice, but you had to go be all smart ass on me. I don't blame you though, I'd be looking for any shot I could take on someone that categorically defined many of the ways in which how inadequate a commisioner I was.

Thank you common sense for explaining Vump's response!! :lol

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Lol what happened to 7th grade grammar? I haven't seen a run-on sentence like that in years.
bowrofl.gif

Andokuky

Banned
Not to offend anyone or start drama but I don't think any team with only 10 of their games played should get into the playoffs, let alone win their division :lol

Matrix

Chris,want to play now?

AirBrian

Konex and bonsevan, when do you want to play?

Also, CB and I could never connect. He can have the win, not that it really matters at this point.

WOW WOW HOW DID I WIN THAT GAME? WOW WOW

I was down 34-10 with 4:44 in the 4th qtr. and I somehow came back, took it to OT and won.

Great game Matrix

Jones had 334 yards, 280 rushing, and 4 TD's. Give him player of the week for the love of God :D

edit: sorry it was laggy for you Matrix, I hope you don't think it was a cheap W, I thought I played fair the whole time (no onsides).

Matrix

I'm done with this league,I'm sorry but I dont have any fun with lag games anymore,its not the game but my connection and my copy is shitty anyway *keeps crashing after every game,online and off so I get any stats,I had my first ever punt return td*

GG Chris,im not sure what the playoff seedings are but you can use my team if your team doesnt get in.

I couldnt for the life of me make a tackle,every player on my team was dead tired on D in the 4th :\ And I kept on subbing in new packages/players.

edit- totally thought you played fair,im just pissed my connection is causing shit for me.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Andokuky said:
Not to offend anyone or start drama but I don't think any team with only 10 of their games played should get into the playoffs, let alone win their division :lol

Who are you talking about??? LET'S FIRE THEIR ASS!!

Top Bottom