• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

eznark

Banned
Staying close to downtown. Renting a car. Is there a lot of scenery around San diego. Like hills and shit or is it pretty much just the beaches

Old town was cool if you have some time, not high on my list but it was fun. The Midway obviously is key. When we were there there were like 3 carriers pulling out, which was fucking rad to see. The tour is nice and there are a ton of different planes.

Spend a day doing shit in Balboa Park too, very cool stuff there. All kinds of random shit.

brentech

GorgeousCloseInchworm.gif

This is what happens when you approach a variant of a course with wreckless abandon.

forms

How the hell do I become actually good at Madden? Facing online opponents which only steamrolls me is about as good practice as my fights against the ai. Maybe a campaign per role in the game, to make "stiff arm" etc something that I actually use?

TheCrow

How the hell do I become actually good at Madden? Facing online opponents which only steamrolls me is about as good practice as my fights against the ai. Maybe a campaign per role in the game, to make "stiff arm" etc something that I actually use?

Why do you hate yourself?
crazy.gif

Greg

go into practice mode against a high-rated D and select random play for offense and defense

trust me, I'm an expert

and pray RNG is in your favor

Smokey

go into practice mode against a high-rated D and select random play for offense and defense

trust me, I'm an expert

and pray RNG is in your favor

Definitely listen to Greg

Old town was cool if you have some time, not high on my list but it was fun. The Midway obviously is key. When we were there there were like 3 carriers pulling out, which was fucking rad to see. The tour is nice and there are a ton of different planes.

Spend a day doing shit in Balboa Park too, very cool stuff there. All kinds of random shit.

Downtown is a good area. All of the spots are within 30-45 minutes driving distance. Definitely a lot more to see than just water. Some good suggestions here: http://www.sandiegoasap.com/top-10-views.html.

My best SD restaurants:

Brockton Villa for breakfast (get coast toast)
Sushi Ota for sushi (get anything)

Cool will definitely note this

LJ11

GorgeousCloseInchworm.gif

This is what happens when you approach a variant of a course with wreckless abandon.

hahaha

I love racers, or rather loved, and I'm tempted to check out project cars.

You have to take your beatings. Just don't get angry, should take some of that advice myself. Get a good grip with the basics of football, how to attack X coverage, then you move on to finding out what's broken and overpowered in the game and how to stop that garbage.

Nightz

Play Dota.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz. Cali brehs.

I am stepping foot into the state of California for the first time. Specifically San Diego . I need restautants. Things to do. Scenic highways to drive on. Will probably take a trip up to LA for a day or two. I already feel dirty stepping into Laker territory (or is it Warriors? lul).

I done talked shit about Cali but now I will see if it is indeed Best Coast or nah

The Zoo. Go to the zoo. Every day. All day. The mothafuckin zoo.

What part of San Diego are you going to? It's a big city/county.

In general, any Mexican place with a "berto's" at the end is good. There's a place called Lolita's that I'm fond of. First place my wife and I went to when we flew in. You must have carne asada fries (basically fries covered in guacamole, sour cream, cheese and carne asada). Or a California burrito, which is carne asada fries inside a burrito.

Besides Mexican, Phil's BBQ is a popular place. Hodad's, Slater's 50/50, Stacked if you're into burgers. There are also a bunch of good all you can eat Korean BBQ places.

I'm not too fond of the zoo myself. Just seems like every time I go, the animals are sleeping/hiding out of sight. I would say the Wild Animal Park is better. Balboa park is nice if you're into museums and stuff. Gaslamp and Old Town are tourist spots. If you want to do the beach thing, go to La Jolla. Sunset Cliffs in Ocean Beach is nice too.

I went a year ago, the food was awesome, the beer was great as well.

One place I loved and recommend to everyone I know that goes there is to go to Tom Ham's Lighthouse for the Sunday brunch. If you're at all into seafood it's worth every fucking penny, and if not, the scenery is amazing. I have fantasized about flying back there just for the brunch. The waitress was great about keeping us loaded with champagne for mimosas.

There are a ton of great breweries if you're into beer at all. The Stone Brewery (Escondido location) was fucking amazing, but I am a big fan of their beers. Karl Strauss had a great restaurant as well (Downtown location). The Cioppino was the best ever. I did go to Hodads as well, due to DDD, loved it.

The whole trip was dying and going to food heaven, and this is coming from a New Yorker. The zoo was cool there was just a colossal downpour when we were there. Gaslamp was fun but I was hoping for a bit more in terms of clubs/lounges. It also wasn't baseball season, so we were only able to tour Petco, I would love to attend a game there. The only thing that sucked about the trip was the Giants getting stomped by the Chargers.

I would retire to SD right now if I could.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I dont know as much about SD as nightz does. But if you're gonna spend a day in LA. just drive up the coast and check out santa monica/venice.

And whatever you do, eat at Roscoe's.

Use Madden School for the most legit strats

Johnnypark can help you out.

awaiting my ban now.

brentech

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/announcing-project-cars-2

Game just officially released...and the sequel has been announced.

THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER - 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including 'loose surface racing' on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere

CO-OP CAREER - Play as the Teammate Driver, Spotter, Driver Swap, or Co-Pilot. More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards

Smokey

I went a year ago, the food was awesome, the beer was great as well.

One place I loved and recommend to everyone I know that goes there is to go to Tom Ham's Lighthouse for the Sunday brunch. If you're at all into seafood it's worth every fucking penny, and if not, the scenery is amazing. I have fantasized about flying back there just for the brunch. The waitress was great about keeping us loaded with champagne for mimosas.

There are a ton of great breweries if you're into beer at all. The Stone Brewery (Escondido location) was fucking amazing, but I am a big fan of their beers. Karl Strauss had a great restaurant as well (Downtown location). The Cioppino was the best ever. I did go to Hodads as well, due to DDD, loved it.

The whole trip was dying and going to food heaven, and this is coming from a New Yorker. The zoo was cool there was just a colossal downpour when we were there. Gaslamp was fun but I was hoping for a bit more in terms of clubs/lounges. It also wasn't baseball season, so we were only able to tour Petco, I would love to attend a game there. The only thing that sucked about the trip was the Giants getting stomped by the Chargers.

I would retire to SD right now if I could.

I've always wanted to move to San Diego for some unexplainable reason despite never stepping foot in the place. Wife and I have talked about it for awhile...but that was before I went to Hawaii last year. It's now my goal to get over there in the next 5-7 years real talk. Dunno if that's fair to San Diego but we'll see!

CB3

It was weird this time. It never popped up for me so i just clicked on the sign up for a free account button and that took me to the proper page.

Yeah the site is dumb it doesn't notify you when to click, you just click the "Create Account" button and then fill out the info for your existing account and it works.

BigAT

It was weird this time. It never popped up for me so i just clicked on the sign up for a free account button and that took me to the proper page.

Yeah, I was paranoid about not being signed in so I did it again and it took me to the page at like 2:58.

YduIEex.gif

CB3

My boy.

W0ec64O.gif

To be fair, i might be angry at that interview if i was still invested in the game, and i wasnt friends with the man.

I get the sneaking suspicion that there is a huge disconnect between what the IGC thinks of Destiny and what the general gaming public thinks of it. People are gonna eat that shit up.

Top Bottom