• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden ps4 Off-Season Thread: A Dota for all seasons

eznark

Banned
So.... stay away from Killer Instinct on PC I guess.

Too bad Dave Lane changed his phone number.

Oh fuck, first 10 seconds of the Giant Bomb Batman quicklook sold me.

fuck WB for outsourcing that shit

30fps cap? on PC?

kXuy22U.gif

FOH

i refuse to play with a 30fps cap. won't do it. can't do it. NOPE

Pretty sure you can unlock it in the ini file.

Ferny

fuck WB for outsourcing that shit

30fps cap? on PC?

kXuy22U.gif

FOH

i refuse to play with a 30fps cap. won't do it. can't do it. NOPE

Umm, there's no cap. I was playing with 70FPS with all the gameworks stuff turned on.

Guess it's not everyone, weird.

Smokey

Umm, there's no cap. I was playing with 70FPS with all the gameworks stuff turned on.

Guess it's not everyone, weird.

Umm...yes there is. Unless you're accusing the entire AK Performance Thread of lying. I just went in and changed mine to 144 a few minutes ago...

Now I am prepared for the inevitable stuttering that comes along with removing the cap > 30. I am hoping Gsync will really help me out here...

Somnia

Picked up a cheap Xbone on eBay. What are the best exclusives to pick up?

Are you talking no PC at all or games ONLY on xb1?

I'd get Master Chief Collection for the campaigns, Sunset Overdrive (great game), Killer Instinct, Forza Horizon 2, Ori and the Blind Forest if you don't have it on PC, State of Decay Year One if you don't have it on PC.

You can probably snag Dead Rising 3 for cheap which was fun, but also on PC.

In August get Rare Replay for sure.

Nightz

Are you talking no PC at all or games ONLY on xb1?

I'd get Master Chief Collection for the campaigns, Sunset Overdrive (great game), Killer Instinct, Forza Horizon 2, Ori and the Blind Forest if you don't have it on PC, State of Decay Year One if you don't have it on PC.

You can probably snag Dead Rising 3 for cheap which was fun, but also on PC.

In August get Rare Replay for sure.
Might get MCC if someone sells a cheap code in the b/s/t thread. Sunset Overdrive is in my Gamefly queue. Forza Horizon is on my list.
Play sunset overdrive and then sell your system.

I'm happy with the price I got. Can probably sell it for more if it comes down to me not liking it!

Somnia

Might get MCC if someone sells a cheap code in the b/s/t thread. Sunset Overdrive is in my Gamefly queue. Forza Horizon is on my list.

I'm happy with the price I got. Can probably sell it for more if it comes down to me not liking it!

Don't listen to Bob, there are a ton of great upcoming games for the XB1 this year and next.

brentech

Sold my first exploration data in Elite Dangerous. Going to try to go all in on the exploration and mining. Sold my shield cells (repairs shields on the fly) and replaced with a mining refinery, along with swapping my rail gun for a mining laser.

Had only picked up the combat related stuff because for a short moment I felt like I was constantly running into wanted NPCs, but that's really not how I want to play the game. Maybe if I do that in the future I'll do it with another ship.

eznark

Banned
Sold my first exploration data in Elite Dangerous. Going to try to go all in on the exploration and mining. Sold my shield cells (repairs shields on the fly) and replaced with a mining refinery, along with swapping my rail gun for a mining laser.

Had only picked up the combat related stuff because for a short moment I felt like I was constantly running into wanted NPCs, but that's really not how I want to play the game. Maybe if I do that in the future I'll do it with another ship.

Stream this shit! I saw you playing this morning and wanted to watch.

I still haven't even opened my xbone. I'm excited to play sunset overdrive but other than that, I got nothing. Maybe tomb raider? I think it'll come to pc though and I'd rather play it there.

Somnia

like?

(legit asking, considering getting one just for skype on the TV...you'v had long enough, Sony!)

Rare Collection, Halo 5, Forza 6, Rise of Tomb Raider (ya I know it'll be on others later), Inside, Below, Cuphead, Scalebound, Recore, Quantom Break, Sea of Thieves, Gears 4 and more. Couple of those are also on PC, but ya.

edit: Bob this ain't some list war crap so don't go listing PS4 games, just telling Eznark what's coming.

eznark

Banned
Rare Collection, Halo 5, Forza 6, Rise of Tomb Raider (ya I know it'll be on others later), Inside, Below, Cuphead, Scalebound, Recore, Quantom Break, Sea of Thieves, Gears 4 and more. Couple of those are also on PC, but ya.

edit: Bob this ain't some list war crap so don't go listing PS4 games, just telling Eznark what's coming.

No
No
No
PC
What?
What?
PC
No
Maybe
No
Fuck yes that's this year?!?!
No

Guarantee PS4 isn't any better, christ did they even show anything at e3? So many people saying this was a great e3 and I don't think one thing looked that awesome except CupHead, which I am pretty sure is going to be a huge gameplay disappointment.

Ferny

Umm...yes there is. Unless you're accusing the entire AK Performance Thread of lying. I just went in and changed mine to 144 a few minutes ago...

Now I am prepared for the inevitable stuttering that comes along with removing the cap > 30. I am hoping Gsync will really help me out here...
Check the edit, scrub. And no it didn't include the cap for everyone. On my file, it didn't have 30FPS locked.

Go play Batman for 10 minutes, comment about it being terrible or whatever your usual Smokey response typically is and then never play it again, scrub!

Also, you're asking me to tell you if a thread on GAF isn't filled with people overreacting to shit...cmon bruh.

But yeah, this wasn't a great port in general to PC.

After the initial novelty wears off, I can't imagine I'd ever touch rare collection again. And sea of thieves is not this year. I'd be surprised if it was next year, to be honest.

eznark

Banned
Looking at that list again I think it's a stretch to call ReCore, Quantum Break, Scalebound and Sea of Thieves "upcoming"

I'd get it just for Viva Piñata alone. Loved the first one.
Yeah I'd do viva piñata again. Would definitely replay the original Banjo Kazooie, then Id probably start Tooie and never finish it..

Rare Replay and Forza are the only things on that list Id want. Maybe Sea of Thieves.

I'm sure this has been asked so many times but

Is Arkham asylum and knight worth revisiting?

I downloaded arkham asylum, 7.3 gigs, in 9 minutes. god bless time warner for doing something great for once!

Smokey

Check the edit, scrub. And no it didn't include the cap for everyone. On my file, it didn't have 30FPS locked.

Go play Batman for 10 minutes, comment about it being terrible or whatever your usual Smokey response typically is and then never play it again, scrub!

Also, you're asking me to tell you if a thread on GAF isn't filled with people overreacting to shit...cmon bruh.

But yeah, this wasn't a great port in general to PC.

I actually just got off it for 1.5 hr. There's definitely stuttering. I got dips into the 30s when chasing people in the Batmobile. I assume that's because of texture streaming. Other than that I was 60+. The game really doesn't look that good though. Terrible port.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

I downloaded arkham asylum, 7.3 gigs, in 9 minutes. god bless time warner for doing something great for once!

Arkham Asylum is one of the greatest games ever.

But we both know you wont play it.

BigAT

After the initial novelty wears off, I can't imagine I'd ever touch rare collection again. And sea of thieves is not this year. I'd be surprised if it was next year, to be honest.

Blast Corps. and Jet Force Gemini are the gems of the collection. Not that there aren't other good games, but those are the two that haven't been re-released lately.

You have never played them or want to know if you should play through them again? If you've never played them, they are definitely worth playing, absolutely. As far as replaying, Asylum is really fun to play through again and pretty quick if you know what you're doing. I think I've beaten it like 3 times or so at this point. Arkham City might be a bit big to play through a second time.

CB3

You missed amazing things.

AT roping himself into that tiny hole in the floor on that Greece map was the best.

Somnia

I never said next year in my post... I said games coming this year and next to Nightz.

brentech

Looking at that list again I think it's a stretch to call ReCore, Quantum Break, Scalebound and Sea of Thieves "upcoming"

I basically only watched the GB talk over press conference stuff. During those, there was very few things they seemed excited about compared to all the stuff they mocked.
Then, their post e3 podcasts are like "what a great show". Kind of scratching my head.

edit: thinking back, they seemed big on the VR and AR stuff, so maybe that's what they thought made the show in general

CB3

I basically only watched the GB talk over press conference stuff. During those, there was very few things they seemed excited about compared to all the stuff they mocked.
Then, their post e3 podcasts are like "what a great show". Kind of scratching my head.

Pretty sure the things they liked were mostly VR related.

And Mario Maker

Somnia

Sea I agree with, but ReCore, Quantum and Scalebound will all be shown in gameplay form in a few weeks at Gamescom. Quant and ReCore are scheduled for the first half of 2016 and Scalebound will probably be August-October is my guess.

Mrbob

Gamescom believe.

I actually agree with a Ben Kuchera article. Batman is the poster boy as to why Steam refunds are necessary. Now pc publishers can't toss out trash and get away with it. I expect the game to be patched fairly quickly.

Love to know how high the return rate is.

Top Bottom