• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LiveWire said:
Yea, if I did you'd whine like a bitch and blame the game for being unrealistic.

:lol

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
What happened with your Patriots "ownage season", btw?

I did well enough with Moss for the 12(?) or so games we were able to get done, but Stallworth could never get open. Welker was great, but if I tried to thread the needle with him, INTs. I spread the ball around pretty well though with Brady, Watson, Evans and Gaffney, and had decent stats with Maroney. What can I say? Most of our two seasons were plagued with insane DB awareness, though I managed to deal with it OK, better than previous seasons. My record improved a lot (.500 I think or maybe 1 game under, the leaguedaddy site is disabled so I can't confirm) with a power team as it should have.

I'll still never forget Hobbs' hands reaching through Owens' stomach for an INT, I forget who played the Cowboys our last RROD-shortened season, but whoever it was can vouch for that insanity. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
Has anyone ever gone completely undefeated in a GAF season? I ask because I was literally two games away from perfection in the 24 game NBA league before Smokey Bones and CB fired up their GameSharks!
14-0, then lost my last three games. I got the Niners Age award for epic post season collapse.

The reasons I was able to win so many:

-No one was able to run on me. I think I was averaging less than 20 RYPG against. I think that was the year the Giants got Antonio Pierce and Osi as a a full time starter, and I think I got an upgrade at DT. It was a bunch of upgrades at LB and DL combined with skills developed after using a horrible team that made it near impossible to run

-I rarely ever turned the ball over. Again, an upgrade to Tiki after Coughlin implemented the robot grip and I never fumbled. Passing wise it was easy because the cone directly identified what defenders were in the passing lanes. Worked well with the WCO I used to run.

-Redzone efficiency. I think around the 12th game of the season I was 96% scoring when in the redzone, and it was over 70% TDs.

I lost to Rors and FMT primarily because they ran the ball well and took me out of my defensive scheme. They had long sustained drives and I panicked whenever I got the ball back because i felt like I needed to make something happen. After that is when I started adopting the style of O I use now (run all the time). It's unsettling to opponents to have such few chances with the ball (as I found out).

Wellington said:
14-0, then lost my last three games. I got the Niners Age award for epic post season collapse.

The reasons I was able to win so many:

-No one was able to run on me. I think I was averaging less than 20 RYPG against. I think that was the year the Giants got Antonio Pierce and Osi as a a full time starter, and I think I got an upgrade at DT. It was a bunch of upgrades at LB and DL combined with skills developed after using a horrible team that made it near impossible to run

-I rarely ever turned the ball over. Again, an upgrade to Tiki after Coughlin implemented the robot grip and I never fumbled. Passing wise it was easy because the cone directly identified what defenders were in the passing lanes. Worked well with the WCO I used to run.

-Redzone efficiency. I think around the 12th game of the season I was 96% scoring when in the redzone, and it was over 70% TDs.

I lost to Rors and FMT primarily because they ran the ball well and took me out of my defensive scheme. They had long sustained drives and I panicked whenever I got the ball back because i felt like I needed to make something happen. After that is when I started adopting the style of O I use now (run all the time). It's unsettling to opponents to have such few chances with the ball (as I found out).

Nice trip down memory lane there, I'm happy to make your life much harder in terms of being a dominant force year in and out.

DCX

DCX
riker-facepalm.jpg

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
Nice trip down memory lane there, I'm happy to make your life much harder in terms of being a dominant force year in and out.
13-3 and won the division last year, one win off the high water mark.

Fifty

Someone please let Ramirez know that Livewire called him a whiny bitch. I keep checking this thread looking for some juicy drama, but there ain't nothing here!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
there is only 1 true NFC champ outside of the strike shortened RROD season. there can be only one, and i will happily lose in the superbowl again!

I still think the RROD season was created by you! You just wouldn't let Dirt Warner see 16-0!

Wellington said:
13-3 and won the division last year, one win off the high water mark.

I'm happy to be the cause of 33 percent of your loss output. I think I finished 13-3 too (lost tiebreaker) or 12-4, I don't remember.... I do remember anticipating a match-up with you in the playoffs but I had to settle for an NFC title game vs FMT and his Game Genie.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
I'm happy to be the cause of 33 percent of your loss output. I think I finished 13-3 too (lost tiebreaker) or 12-4, I don't remember.... I do remember anticipating a match-up with you in the playoffs but I had to settle for an NFC title game vs FMT and his Game Genie.
I am pretty sure you beat me in the playoffs that year.

Rorschach

I had to go through Pats, Steelers, Broncos, 9ers.

btw- update

10. miguel - Dead. RIP.
16. gunstar - Maybe he thinks he has the eagles? :[
24. lawblob - Hasn't posted since his first and only post in the first page
26. sableholic - called the saints, I think, but is not sure about entering season 1

Dolphins
Titans
Broncos

Miguel would never take the Oilers...wonder if he'll take the Broncos. MiG's ghost in my division!? :O

[edit]
DMczaf said:
Which season was that? :\
All of them? :(

Rorschach said:
Yep. Wellington had a bye. Shawn played Mrbob, then Wellington, then lost to FMT in the conference championship.

The pain...oh the pain...

I think every game that playoff run was on the road too which really made each game a struggle... Good times!!!

Rorschach

Yeah, seriously, but I wouldn't expect one until after Madden's release. :[

If people had kept their 08 discs, we could have had a tourney before NCAA's release. :\

Rorschach

Wellington said:
We can play tomorrow Rors. ;)
That would be awesome.

http://sports.ign.com/madden09/giants.html

Giants ratings... the entire O-Line is 91+, Tuck is 94 :)lol Strahan retiring to have no effect on me confirmed), Jacobs now has 90 speed, and Eli at 93... holy crap!
Yeah, you guys got some much deserved upgrades.

OMG @ that list..you don't know what you just did to me by linking that. I've been using less in-depth ones! Although...I am noticing some outdated stats on the ign list. :( Oh well! *feeds on stats* OM NOM NOM NOM

*creates McFadden just to get a taste*
I still have mine, if anyone wants to scrimmage.
Any time you guys see me on, just ask. I'm starved for Madden. :lol :(

mmmm, i like p-wills 96 tackle rating.

and my boy andy lee gets a well deserved 96 overall!

sadly alex drops out of the 80's range. we will rise again though!

Ramirez

LiveWire said:
Yea, if I did you'd whine like a bitch and blame the game for being unrealistic.

I can't help that half the league was cheeseheads last year.

You actually beating me would be quite unrealistic however. :lol

Rorschach

So I user created the 09 Raiders. Holy shiiiet! :lol

Not only is my running game automatically upgraded with the addition of McFadden, but my defense is also improved. No more worrying about the left side of the field all day! :D

My system froze as I was trying to replay this awesome 22 yard McFadden run. :(

I got this for DM:

20rmlug.jpg

And this simple video for me:
smee89.gif

It doesn't look like much, but Jordan would never be able to catch that, shed a tackle, outrun the defenders, or knock them off course by leaping for the score from 4 yards out. :D He's no AD, heck, he's not even close to top tier, but he's more than I need. A couple of his stats end up being useless (like his stiff arm rating being high, but backed by a shitty strength rating), but overall, I'm lovin' 'im.

Can't wait for 09 even though running looks like it's even easier, so maybe it won't matter much. :\

The IGN list shows some new stats...I can't believe celebration is one of the new stats. :lol

They also have "running style". That one should be interesting.

Yes, I'm bored and starving for Madden. Don't look at me! I'm hideous! I'M A MONSTERRR!

Just to give everyone a heads up, I'm getting married on August 16th there will be about a week and a half where I won't be able to play games, but I'm golden after that!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I need to pick up NCAA on PS3 so I can get used to the controller again before the Madden season.

Fifty

dammitmattt said:
Just to give everyone a heads up, I'm getting married on August 16th there will be about a week and a half where I won't be able to play games, but I'm golden after that!

I hope she's worth a forfeit loss...I really do..

GQman2121

Banned
I just heard that the online in-game leagues don't have a playoff system or Super Bowl!!!!!

It's bad enough that they don't offer divisions, but NO SUPER BOWL???? What the fucks is the point?

not a big deal to be honest. we were already going to have a separate "standings" page due to the fact that there are no divisions. we'll just have a separate page for standings and playoff/superbowl forms.

all i care about is that the stats tracking is detailed and accurate!

DMczaf

GQman2121 said:
I just heard that the online in-game leagues don't have a playoff system or Super Bowl!!!!!

It's bad enough that they don't offer divisions, but NO SUPER BOWL???? What the fucks is the point?

Did you just make that up?

EA has been saying since online leagues were revealed that they have playoffs and Super Bowl.

Rorschach

I heard online leagues are only 1 game per season. :(

I guess that means we're gonna have to throw away the "running up the score" rule because we're gonna need it for tie breakers.

GQman2121 said:

I just heard that the online leagues are exclusively running on the All Pro Football engine...WTF EA!!!! :D

Rorschach

On a serious note, I wonder why no one has mentioned the divisions thing in the media. :\ They should grill them on it. There's probably no time to fix it now, but they found out about it early in the year. :( Damn the major outlets!

PS: DM - preview of the last game of the season:

2zirf2d.gif

:lol Poor Phillip.

30kq3j5.gif

116m05h.gif

rock.gif

Rorschach

sableholic said:
Are you playing on easy or something?
All-Madden. Those aren't the automatic shed tackles. They require input.

First gif:
spin -> stiff arm -> back juke -> protect ball -> speed burst

second:
back step -> right step (yeah, looks like a stiff, but it's not :p) -> speed

He's not as awesome as AD in his rookie season (made this gif for Air's Rookie league):
qzf1g0.gif

But his speed makes up for it. Even though AD was only 85 OVR, he had it all and he could go from one move to the next without a pause. He's gonna be insane this year. McFadden only has the speed. No trucking the secondary unless you get them at an angle and bump them. :\

AD gif (All-Pro):
back juke -> spin -> left step -> jump

I have some other runDMC vids, but I wouldn't want to bore the thread!

bluemax

Banned
Oh shit! Wasabi is in the league this year? This is gonna be awesome.

Take my status as maybe down FMT. I gots me a triple!

Miguel

Been busy and tried to go cold turkey off of GAF and as much of the internet as I can. I'll be back for madden though. I'll take the Broncos just to piss off rors. Thanks for the message by the way. See you guys later.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Wait, isn't wasabi a Raiders fan too? Who gets the legendary
crappy
team?
We worked out a deal so he gets the Pack...dunno who won in that deal, really. :|

Miguel said:
Been busy and tried to go cold turkey off of GAF and as much of the internet as I can. I'll be back for madden though. I'll take the Broncos just to piss off rors. Thanks for the message by the way. See you guys later.
You effin' liar! I would see your "last activity" thing and it shows you hadn't quit cold turkey! LOVE. US. You can't resist!

[Last Activity: Today 01:42 PM] tsk tsk cold turkey my ass!

And you're welcome for the message...and fuck the Broncos. >:|

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Miguel said:

SHOW LEAGUE >_<

GQman2121

Banned
DMczaf said:
Did you just make that up?

EA has been saying since online leagues were revealed that they have playoffs and Super Bowl.

Todd Z on this weeks 1up Sports podcast poised the question on what online league is going to be better; NCAA with it 12 player limit or Madden with no divisions, no playoffs, and no super bowl.

Everyone agreed that NCAA offers the better package because although it is limited to only 12 people, it still retains the entire offline single player experience. IE: recruiting and what not.......

Rorschach

GQman2121 said:
Todd Z on this weeks 1up Sports podcast poised the question on what online league is going to be better; NCAA with it 12 player limit or Madden with no divisions, no playoffs, and no super bowl.

Everyone agreed that NCAA offers the better package because although it is limited to only 12 people, it still retains the entire offline single player experience. IE: recruiting and what not.......
Damn I just sat through that horrible show (answer is towards the end and plenty of Brady cock sucking in between) and he does say that not only are there no divisions, but no playoffs or superbowl either....hrm.

Article written by the same guy:
Recently, no-shock news broke that, finally, Madden would feature online leagues. But the fine print isn't so promising: There'll be no divisions. That means teams will be ranked one to 32, with the top tier making the playoffs. Developer EA Tiburon's designed it this way to up league-completion rates, but divisions are a must. And the clock's ticking.

I'm confoooosed!

Also:

Phil Frazier said:
For the first time ever in Madden, you'll be able to get together with 32 of your friends and participate in a league where you can play through a schedule, play through the playoffs, play your own Super Bowl. There's draft support, there's trade support, and we actually implemented flex scheduling in the online leagues. We've had tournaments before online, but the problem with tournaments is that having more than two or three people together at the same time to complete a series of games is very, very challenging. So with flex scheduling, you can actually play your games in any order. It's more like a round-robin style. We did this because it's online and we wanted to make sure people can actually play through their seasons. If you and I are scheduled to meet in Week 10 but we're both online today, we can just play our Week 10 game now. I know there are possible issues or questions about what happens to the rosters if you get injured, but we're not worrying about that right now. We wanted to set up a system where leagues would actually get used and are very user-friendly in terms of the coordination required. It's all server based. There are no files to manage. There's no data whatsoever being saved on your box.

Of course...he's lying since that was in one of the last gen Madden games, but still!

Top Bottom