• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.
what a shitty situation. the only way to know for sure that your game wont DC is to either go for 2 on the XP or go for it on 4th down (if you're in fg range).

i wish EA would comment on this, but they are mum on the op sports board.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what a shitty situation. the only way to know for sure that your game wont DC is to either go for 2 on the XP or go for it on 4th down (if you're in fg range).

Yeah, them being quiet about it is what pisses me off. I fear a repeat of 07 where they patched the servers when everyone was done playing the game. :(

i was thinking of starting a tournament while we wait. the one stipulation is that you cannot kick FG's in the 4th or OT to take the lead :lol

guys interested? it would just be a basic tourney and we'd keep track of winners/losers here on the forums.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
fucking unbelieveable. played a good game against rors, score a long td with VD to tie it up at 23 and guess what happens on the XP? i should have just gone for 2. fuck off EA!

yeah it was a gg. finally figured out your defense... at times! what pissed me off is i threw that pick in single coverage (and it should have been picked no question), but when i have freaking 3 guys around your receiver he still comes down with it! why is nate clements lockdown corner if he wont make the play!

also can we petition EA to rename mcfadden Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson? cause thats basically what he is! oh well, i guess i evened it up with that bogus 80 yarder by gore :lol
Wow you guys rip off huge runs. I haven't been close yet, the best I've gotten is like 15 yards. Then again slow ass Jacobs has only picked up like a 40 yarder in his career.

With McFadden he would always break the first tackle, it was pretty sick....
and straight out of NFL 2K5

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:

So you're saying late 4th quarter FGs are a guarantee to lock up the game? Cause Denog put up two on me in the 4th (one to tie, one to win), and the game was fine. I also scored a game-winning TD against Gunstar with like 30 seconds left in the 4th and kicked the XP and everything was fine.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
.... THis is some stupid sh** i am hearing.. what kind of bug is this... apparently they have some sort of dumb ish going on in that situation...

bluemax

Banned
How does this kind of stuff even get past the Sony/MS TRC testers? This is easily an A level bug that is heavily repeatable.

I guess when you had a hard deadline you fix as many as you can and let god er the gamers sort the rest.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
bluemax said:
How does this kind of stuff even get past the Sony/MS TRC testers? This is easily an A level bug that is heavily repeatable.

I guess when you had a hard deadline you fix as many as you can and let god er the gamers sort the rest.
QA Testers and teenagers who flip burgers at McDonald's are likely the same people. Considering the pay scale, I woud wager they don't really give a damn or if they do, the hard deadline gets higher priority at EA and they just file it under the "Things to Fix for Next Year" tab.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Is it just me or are TEs less a part of everyone's gameplan? Well me I lost Shockey so if I throw at my TE maybe three times in a game that's a lot. I am using Toomer a lot more than I ever did in year's past, and Burress with the stat bump is nice.

Eh maybe it is the loss of Shockey and the playbook changing to take out some of the TE designed plays, but then again I have noticed that people are passing a lot less ot their TEs.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX said:
i wanna get a game in in like 10 minutes, anyone around?

DCX

I'm around.

Let me know if you are ready and ill go sign in.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
K,you can be home.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Wow you guys rip off huge runs. I haven't been close yet, the best I've gotten is like 15 yards. Then again slow ass Jacobs has only picked up like a 40 yarder in his career.

With McFadden he would always break the first tackle, it was pretty sick....
and straight out of NFL 2K5
Heh I didn't have a huge run that game. FMT pretty much stopped McFadden, but he made the mistake of kicking to him and I used the sticks like a man possessed. That will never be repeated. It's a shame I couldn't save the replay.

Matrix

GG DCX,other than the fact you went for it on 4th and 2 on your own 40 in the 3rd quarter only down 7-3....can we do that in league play?

I stopped playing after you went up 17-7 in the 4th with 2 mins left,only cause it was a unranked game ;P

That was a gross running game for both of us...god some games its impossible to run at all.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
GG DCX,other than the fact you went for it on 4th and 2 on your own 40 in the 3rd quarter only down 7-3....can we do that in league play?

I stopped playing after you went up 17-7 in the 4th with 2 mins left,only cause it was a unranked game ;P

That was a gross running game for both of us...god some games its impossible to run at all.
Grey area, always has been...i knew i had a good drive going that if i kept it going i could score, if not i was done cause you was exposing my safetys. It was a shit day running. I busted out a 14 yarder but then it all went downhill from there. GG.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Thanks for the game LJ11.

What happened with that interception you got? I'm a bit confused. I thought the ball glitched really bad. I was throwing it way right, or was leading it that way and the ball curved into the middle of the field. That looked really odd to me.

LJ11

Truelize said:
Thanks for the game LJ11.

What happened with that interception you got? I'm a bit confused. I thought the ball glitched really bad. I was throwing it way right, or was leading it that way and the ball curved into the middle of the field. That looked really odd to me.

I was controlling the strong safety, and you playactioned so I went for the RB, missed, and unintentionally hit the QB which caused you to throw the INT. Sorry about that, I also happened to hit the lateral button by accident, I blame the mushy DS3 triggers.

Good game, Allen was ripping up Peters. He was in so many times. I threw off my back foot a few times, and completed the passes. Accuracy is way too high even when throwing off your back foot.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
LJ11 said:
I was controlling the strong safety, and you playactioned so I went for the RB, missed, and unintentionally hit the QB which caused you to throw the INT. Sorry about that, I also happened to hit the lateral button by accident, I blame the mushy DS3 triggers.

Good game, Allen was ripping up Peters. He was in so many times. I threw off my back foot a few times, and completed the passes. Accuracy is way too high even when throwing off your back foot.

Oh I didn't have an issue with the interception at all. I just thought I saw the ball going out to the right and all of a sudden it was over the middle of the field. I didn't even notice you were controlling the guy that hit me. No worries.

I wish I was having the accuracy issues you were. :D My QB is rated like 44% in my franchise. I haven't gotten a hold of passing at all yet.

It was a gg though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I just played a game with Livewire, and holy shit my DLine was ricockulous. I never get sacks unless I blitz, but for whatever reason Osi just went off, and my DTs were getting insane pressure as well.

The only thing I will comment is that I made some questionable throws and the defenders never even attempted to swat, let alone pick the ball off.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
I just played a game with Livewire, and holy shit my DLine was ricockulous. I never get sacks unless I blitz, but for whatever reason Osi just went off, and my DTs were getting insane pressure as well.

The only thing I will comment is that I made some questionable throws and the defenders never even attempted to swat, let alone pick the ball off.

That didn't seem unrealistic to me. Stupid ass Reed Doughty was always getting beat and wasn't facing the QB when the ball was thrown.

As for the D-line, christ, I tried everything I could think of with running and passing and scrambling. Screens, FB fakes, tosses, bootlegs....SACK SACK SACK. The only thing that seemed to work was moving Cooley in the slot. Your safeties didn't seem to be able to cover him.

LJ11

Just played a game and it didn't D/C in the 4th after kicking a tie breaking FG.

My main complaint with this game is the deep ball, it's non-existent in zone coverages and makes the game unrealistic.

DMczaf

LJ11 said:
Just played a game and it didn't D/C in the 4th after kicking a tie breaking FG.

My main complaint with this game is the deep ball, it's non-existent in zone coverages and makes the game unrealistic.

Weird, the only time I can complete a deep ball play is when the defense is in zone coverage.

Anytime its man to man, DBs just own my WRs deep.

Edit: Ban avoided!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:

You've beaten me with the deep ball in zone coverage.

DM has as well.

LJ11

Wellington said:
You've beaten me with the deep ball in zone coverage.

DM has as well.

Was it a straight bomb on the outside route, or some deep throw in the seem that netted me 30 yards or so.

I swear I can't get Evans to separate 1 on 1, on the outside, in Cover 3 and he's a 98 speed.

Don't want to sound like I'm a whiner or anything, I just think it's a bit unfair/unrealistic. I left B.Edwards 1 on 1 for an entire game, for the most part, and my CB had him blanketed.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Lonestar said:
Meh, it's what he does. I've stopped saying "blitzed" I just say "Gunned."

First off there are a few GAF members that have a higher blitz % then me. Second, I am totally confused this year. With the Eagles, which are a blitzing team, I didn't really like to blitz too much this year and now that I started practicing with the Saints I can't get pressure without the blitz. On top of the that I am having major problems stopping the run, which is also raising blitz %. I think one of my problems is that I am using the Eagles playbook for the Saints which I believe doesn't take advantage of your teams strength, so I will be using the Saints playbook here on out. More importantly I been playing like a pass happy fool, this needs to end for me. Hopefully these corrections will get me straight.

well, based on the shitty stat tracking options available in EA's online leagues (check out the tournament thread if you want to see) looks like we'll be going leaguedaddy again! thanks EA you fucking punks!

p.s. does anyone know how to "commit to the pass" or "run"? i didn't even know it was in this years game but i did it by accident playing against rors and i couldn't duplicate it after that!

Rorschach

Gunstar77 said:
First off there are a few GAF members that have a higher blitz % then me. Second, I am totally confused this year. With the Eagles, which are a blitzing team, I didn't really like to blitz too much this year and now that I started practicing with the Saints I can't get pressure without the blitz. On top of the that I am having major problems stopping the run, which is also raising blitz %. I think one of my problems is that I am using the Eagles playbook for the Saints which I believe doesn't take advantage of your teams strength, so I will be using the Saints playbook here on out. More importantly I been playing like a pass happy fool, this needs to end for me. Hopefully these corrections will get me straight.
Don't take offense. He's just joshin'. If that's your style, then that's your style. Like DM shouldn't get offended at "DM ball" it's all just ribbing in good fun.

Here are the top blitzers since I started getting the stats:

Wellster 21
Gunstar 15
FMT 15
Miguel 11

If I were the Saints, I'd blitz more too since they have such a weak D against the run. Don't blame Wellington either -- that's how his team plays IRL.

Miguel

Wellington said:
Is it just me or are TEs less a part of everyone's gameplan? Well me I lost Shockey so if I throw at my TE maybe three times in a game that's a lot. I am using Toomer a lot more than I ever did in year's past, and Burress with the stat bump is nice.

Eh maybe it is the loss of Shockey and the playbook changing to take out some of the TE designed plays, but then again I have noticed that people are passing a lot less ot their TEs.
I use Daniels a lot offline. I haven't worked him in online much yet though.

bluemax

Banned
Anyone want to play?

Wellington to answer your query about TEs, my answer is definitely no. Gates still gets just as many looks as he did last year :D Ditto Manumaleuna.

Rorschach

Miguel said:
STFU! >:|

No Madden for me til Thursday.

Dad's brfday tomorrow, then some event on wednesday. :(
I'm not pushing a game on you!

bluemax said:
Anyone want to play?
I'll play you gimme a couple of mins.

bluemax said:
Wellington to answer your query about TEs, my answer is definitely no. Gates still gets just as many looks as he did last year :D Ditto Manumaleuna.
I can verify this :(

Top Bottom