• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
alright, headed on now!

p.s. meet me in the "GAF" created room

Isn't it just easier to send invites via the hub?

I don't see the point of lobbies if the person is on your friends list..The address book lets you send invites.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
2 passing plays, Rors?

Even I have never done that. Even in a league game!
...first of all, yes you have. Second, McFadden was just amazizing I'll never get another game like that, so I thought I'd use him.

And I had more attempts...it just didn't count them for whatever reason.

JRuss' rushing attemps
JRuss' sacks
The McFadden reception TD it didn't even count (which was in the top 5 plays)
The Carter reception it didn't count
The Madsen drop that it didn't count

sweet! another connection lost. to EA's credit at least they did it at halftime in this game rather than making us play 97% of the game only to strip us at the end. i love you EA!

LJ11

Does anyone recall winning the coin toss (online) when choosing tails? I can't recall the last time it came up tails, it's always heads.

Another D/C in OT. Fuck this game.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Does anyone recall winning the coin toss (online) when choosing tails? I can't recall the last time it came up tails, it's always heads.

Another D/C in OT. Fuck this game.
I'm pretty sure now that only close late games disconnect. That is just retarded. There goes my finished games streak :(

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i think everyone online on my bl is just playing each other. dang!
Sent you a message on psn...no response :(

LiveWire

Had 2 good games against Denog and Gunstar. A little laggy with Gun, but overall I thought it was fine. Couldn't run against Denog, and fell victim to a
bullshit! :p
fumble on the 2 min kickoff when I had the lead by 3. Gun destroyed Campbell early on with Vilma (I thought I counted at least 2 sacks by him), but the Skins rallied for two 70 yd 4th quarter TD drives to win. Oh and Reggie Bush is untackleable--it's not fair, you should be forced to dance in place for like 3 or 4 seconds before you're allowed to make a move upfield. :lol I'm sure you'll do some impressive things with Westbrook when you get the Eagles.

Edit: Holy shit I checked the stats, Gun you blitzed 21 times. :O

Rorschach

GG Gunstar.

No disconnect and this time I played through router. It probably is all in the game. Games that are not close = safe. Games that are close = danger.

[edit] If it's up to vote, I'd like to vote for the banning of DL spread. Adjusting the line does nothing to combat it. Pinching and shifting seems fine, though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
In facing off against Rors... his secondary is pretty awesome. I realize now why my secondary seems so shitty in contrast.
cjasn.jpg

Gibril Wilson said:
"You'll pay me how much, Al?!?"

Rorschach

Wellington said:
In facing off against Rors... his secondary is pretty awesome. I realize now why my secondary seems so shitty in contrast.
cjasn.jpg
GG

It's no coincidence that I got burned the entire time Gibril wasn't on the field. :lol I thought he was out for the game. Phew!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Where is the list of everyone's freakin friend codes? I had this game 5 days before release day and I've yet to play a single game online.

I have only ever seen two people online this whole week. And my PS3 has been on A LOT lately. Due to Resistance, Blurays, Uncharted and Madden.

I look at my 360 friends list and there are always lots of people online playing. If this thread is the only way we can all get in touch with each other for games then I fail to see the advantage of buying the PS3 verison.

PSN = Truelize

Is there anyway we can get the original post edited to have everyone's PSN names? Please?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
GG

It's no coincidence that I got burned the entire time Gibril wasn't on the field. :lol I thought he was out for the game. Phew!
I've never seen a game where my pass D was so bad and my opponents was so good. Usually it's both players having the same thing.

If I can get my passing and rushing to work at the same time, watch out world.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
Where is the list of everyone's freakin friend codes? I had this game 5 days before release day and I've yet to play a single game online.

I have only ever seen two people online this whole week. And my PS3 has been on A LOT lately. Due to Resistance, Blurays, Uncharted and Madden.

I look at my 360 friends list and there are always lots of people online playing. If this thread is the only way we can all get in touch with each other for games then I fail to see the advantage of buying the PS3 verison.

PSN = Truelize

Is there anyway we can get the original post edited to have everyone's PSN names? Please?
I've IM'ed you but you never responded.

And yes, the PS3's communication interface sucks the big one.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
I've IM'ed you but you never responded.

And yes, the PS3's communication interface sucks the big one.

IM'ed me? On my PC? How does that help things? My PC and tv are facing opposite directions. lol. This is what I mean.

I can't believe we picked to get the PS3 version when it's so freakin hard to meet up with people.

Rorschach

Hey, looking at my schedule, I may be able to go 8-8, but it all depends on who Denver is. If Denver is good, I'll go 6-10 or 7-9. :(

Wellington said:
I've never seen a game where my pass D was so bad and my opponents was so good. Usually it's both players having the same thing.

If I can get my passing and rushing to work at the same time, watch out world.
You running was really good. Guess you found your groove. That one that was stopped at the 1 made me look like a fool. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
IM'ed me? On my PC? How does that help things? My PC and tv are facing opposite directions. lol. This is what I mean.

I can't believe we picked to get the PS3 version when it's so freakin hard to meet up with people.
Dude this is exactly how we met up to play games before. The only difference is that on 360 we know what the quarter/score was for other people, and were actually aware when people invited us to games.

You running was really good. Guess you found your groove. That one that was stopped at the 1 made me look like a fool.

What are you talking about? I don't remember that play. :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
Dude this is exactly how we met up to play games before. The only difference is that on 360 we know what the quarter/score was for other people, and were actually aware when people invited us to games.

I guess I'm just used to being able to message people from my PC or Blackberry to Xbox live to set up game times throughout the week. It was pretty common in our NBA leagues to just turn on my 360 and see who I'm supposed to play on live doing something and then... we would play.

Even if we aren't talking about scheduling games (cause we are not) I can't turn on my PS3 and find someone online and get a game. Hasn't happened yet at least and that's kinda odd man being that it's the first week of a big games release.

Mrbob

You are just mad you can't get achievements. :p

Anyway, when you are online in a lobby in madden you can hit R3 to view pending game invitations.

Rorschach

GG FMT... That blows :(

FG glitch... From now on, I'm just going for 2 in the 4th if it's close.

Totally blew the coverage on Davis at the end.

fucking unbelieveable. played a good game against rors, score a long td with VD to tie it up at 23 and guess what happens on the XP? i should have just gone for 2. fuck off EA!

yeah it was a gg. finally figured out your defense... at times! what pissed me off is i threw that pick in single coverage (and it should have been picked no question), but when i have freaking 3 guys around your receiver he still comes down with it! why is nate clements lockdown corner if he wont make the play!

also can we petition EA to rename mcfadden Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson? cause thats basically what he is! oh well, i guess i evened it up with that bogus 80 yarder by gore :lol

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
fucking unbelieveable. played a good game against rors, score a long td with VD to tie it up at 23 and guess what happens on the XP? i should have just gone for 2. fuck off EA!

yeah it was a gg. finally figured out your defense... at times! what pissed me off is i threw that pick in single coverage (and it should have been picked no question), but when i have freaking 3 guys around your receiver he still comes down with it! why is nate clements lockdown corner if he wont make the play!

also can we petition EA to rename mcfadden Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson? cause thats basically what he is! oh well, i guess i evened it up with that bogus 80 yarder by gore :lol
Hey, I have to work for yards...how many of my guys did Gore bowl over on that sweet run? :( He was in a pile for pete's sake!

Damn! I don't get my KR highlight! It was so good :( It'll never happen again, either.

I got picked in single coverage too. :( Totally wet the bed there. The Higgins catch in traffic only worked because he was a foot ahead of them. I shouldn't have thrown it, but c'est la vie!

Top Bottom