• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rorschach

Slo said:
I created an account, how do I link it to my XBL tag?
It didn't ask you to do so when you first played?

You can go to Online > easportsworld I think.

You have to enter the email you used for easportsworld and the pass.

Rorschach

GG Konex.

So far today, only one game of mine has disconnected and we managed to reconnect and finish all the way through. Feeling lucky!

[edit]NM guess I'll start on MGS :\

holy fuck another DC as a FG late in the 4th is kick to break a tie. unbelieveable. so your options to play online are A) blow your opponent out or B) be blown out. otherwise your game will disconnect on a FG or XP attempt. what a fucking joke EA needs to fix this shit.

anyhow great game LJ. i loves me some frank the tank in the snow!

LJ11

Most players pull the plug/disconnect when a FG breaks a tie/close score, so EA figured they would build it right into the game. If it's in the game, it's in the game.

Yeah, you ran all over my ass, good stuff.

Rorschach

[edit] Have you fellas who are getting d/c'd tried playing directly through the modem? I haven't had a drop in 5 games.

Btw-...I've allowed 0 points and a grand total of 110 yards my last 4 games. All-Madden is gonna play itself!

Miguel said:
I would like to coin the term Schauberception. Thank you.
And I'll coin doinkerception. How the heck did those bounce off my WRs and make a 90 degree turn into a CB?

Miguel said:
ugh IN GAME CHAT! XMB CHAT SUX. >:|

You have a mic yet r0rz?
I do have one...should have told me beforehand! :(

Miguel said:
CRAP! I forgot to highlight the flying jamarcus bros.
:lol Crap me too!

Miguel

NOOOOOOOO!!!! I wanted to see that again.

Let's play again.

Coming soon...Jacoby JACKED UP. I need a new KR. BAD. I WANT MATHIS'D BACK! >:|

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
FrenchMovieTheme said:
holy fuck another DC as a FG late in the 4th is kick to break a tie. unbelieveable. so your options to play online are A) blow your opponent out or B) be blown out. otherwise your game will disconnect on a FG or XP attempt. what a fucking joke EA needs to fix this shit.

anyhow great game LJ. i loves me some frank the tank in the snow!

FMT, I have played 13 Ranked games and 2 players quit because I was crushing them and all the rest were played from beginning to end. I have no DNF at all. I do have my PS3 set up under the DMZ setting on my router, this might help some of you having problems.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Gunstar77 said:
FMT, I have played 13 Ranked games and 2 players quit because I was crushing them and all the rest were played from beginning to end. I have no DNF at all. I do have my PS3 set up under the DMZ setting on my router, this might help some of you having problems.
I have my PS3 set up under a DMZ as well and I have experienced 3 DC's on field goals. EA is the fucking problem; not us.

gunstar i am playing through a router, and i've never had this issue in NCAA and i've had late game FG's kicked. it's something up with madden, i doubt it has anything to do with the setup.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gunstar i am playing through a router, and i've never had this issue in NCAA and i've had late game FG's kicked. it's something up with madden, i doubt it has anything to do with the setup.

Yeah, I was just taking a shot in the dark to help some of you.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol that was an assbeating. im not sure wtf was going on but rors DT would get in on me almost instantly on nearly every pass play. if i pinched, it would stop the DT but then the end would get in easily. i think there were only a few sacks actually recorded, but i was pressured on almost every throw!

and who do you know on the EA staff rors!? fucking mcfadden is like a modern day barry sanders. breaks every tackle, extremely fast. not much you can do about him!
You should see LJ's Marcus Stroud. I had to try and run outside to get around him every time.

bluemax

Banned
Just finished a game against the CPU 49ers.

12-13 passing with 2 TDs but for only 95 yards. Gotta work on going deep I guess.

21 carries for a measly 49 yards. I had maybe one drive where I felt like I was breaking tackles consistently. Still I feel I'm improving at running somewhat...

Oh and Alex "Vagina" Smith had 3 ints and got knocked out for most of the second half after getting sacked. Finally a realistic QB in Madden!

The CPU likes to throw on me, 30 pass attempts to 6 rushes. WTF.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bluemax said:
Looks like I was too slow.
It said you were playing someone else, is why I played Gunstar.

The game froze on my when I went to check a received message so I didn't get to see a replay with my game with Gun. I threw a long pass to Burress and it looked to me like he was out of bounds when he caught it, I am surprised it wasn't challenged.

Other than that it was a good game. I am able to run really well now. I don't know what happened, I haven't really changed anything to tell you the truth. Jacobs had 20 carries for 97 yards. I finally got a good screen play that I had one defender to beat before taking it to the house and he took me right down. :(

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
It said you were playing someone else, is why I played Gunstar.

The game froze on my when I went to check a received message so I didn't get to see a replay with my game with Gun. I threw a long pass to Burress and it looked to me like he was out of bounds when he caught it, I am surprised it wasn't challenged.

Other than that it was a good game. I am able to run really well now. I don't know what happened, I haven't really changed anything to tell you the truth. Jacobs had 20 carries for 97 yards. I finally got a good screen play that I had one defender to beat before taking it to the house and he took me right down. :(

I was playing the CPU and then I quit out and was trying to set the game up :/ No worries though there will be other opportunities.

Rorschach

Gunstar77 said:
Yeah, I was just taking a shot in the dark to help some of you.
It's worked for me too. I haven't had a disconnect in the last 5 games when connecting directly.

Btw- the playbook glitch happens because the person that does the inviting brings up his playbook or presses "ready" before the other person arrives. So, if you're inviting someone, just wait patiently. You can still scroll through teams and stuff, but don't press X.

You should see LJ's Marcus Stroud. I had to try and run outside to get around him every time.

what is weird is that i had over 100 yards rushing on LJ when we played last night. maybe i just had a bad game against rors.

also, i know this thread isn't for franchise, but in my 3rd game using "MY IQ" as the difficulty setting i must say EA is onto something. this is the most realistic game i've played against the CPU ever in a madden game. they ran about 35 total times (mccalister of the saints had 25 of those rushes) and really had me on my toes. the two problems i have are that A) the cpu never throws over 20 yards and B) ANYTIME i get close to the CPU QB he throws it, i've even gotten in on him as he's doing the playfake and somehow he still rifles the ball to someone. its usually picked or incomplete, but i want some sacks :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
It's worked for me too. I haven't had a disconnect in the last 5 games when connecting directly.

I correct directly since my PS3 is the 20 GB model and I still randomly get the FG boot glitch at the end.That's the only drop I get now.

LJ11

Most of my drops are from late FG's as well, and one disconnect after challenging a fumble late in the 4th. Had one game drop due to the rain storm a few nights ago, but the game gave me a d/c for that one.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
I correct directly since my PS3 is the 20 GB model and I still randomly get the FG boot glitch at the end.That's the only drop I get now.
I wonder if that's only 3 pt fgs or PATs too. I've been scoring TDs in the 4th and no problems. Wish they would at least address this. There's supposed to be info on a second patch this week. Maybe they'll talk about it then. :\

Btw- if you challenge, skip the replay by pressing x. Don't even let it get to that screen.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
rors it is pats too. happened to me against wellington.
Crap. I just remembered the one I had with matrix was a PAT too... It seems to only happen on important ones, though. Like tying or winning ones. Which just makes it more frustrating. :|

Fortunately, all my games have been blowouts. :3

Top Bottom