• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

Mallrat83 said:
Any help on the ballon battle mode list of courses?
2nd page this thread

Battle Arenas:
* Nintendo DS
* Twilight House
* Palm Coast
* Sweet Cake
* Block City (N64)
* Pipe Plaza (GCN)

-james-

Anyone from the WI area find this game out today (im in Madison)? Target? BB? CC? I hope to pick it up after work tonight.

jman2050

This game is MINE

Played only 10 minutes so far but holy crap. This is like sex, only smaller and with pointy polygons.

I REALLY want to get home so I can get my friend and start owning all of you :p

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
-james- said:
Anyone from the WI area find this game out today (im in Madison)? Target? BB? CC? I hope to pick it up after work tonight.
don't know about the department stores.. gamestops and ebgames should have it in already in milwaukee though.

I actually think bbuy and cc are tomorrow. not sure about target.

-james-

borghe said:
don't know about the department stores.. gamestops and ebgames should have it in already in milwaukee though.

I actually think bbuy and cc are tomorrow. not sure about target.

Thanks! The Gamestop here in on this side of town sucks. The wife wanted Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life the day it came out, i went into Gamestop and got the "golly you should have pre ordered, were gonna sell out of them....blah,blah,blah" so i walked over to target (across the parking lot) and they had a big stack of them. Might have to give it a shot on the way home tonight....

Just noticed something (I don't know if it's been mentioned), but now you can tilt your kart forward or backward after a jump. I don't know how effective it is, but I thought it was something worth noticing :p

[Nintex]

The Main Event said:
Just noticed something (I don't know if it's been mentioned), but now you can tilt your kart forward or backward after a jump. I don't know how effective it is, but I thought it was something worth noticing :p

If you have a mushroom in Mariokart DD you can do a wheelie by tilting you kart.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
fallout said:
So, basically, no benefit whatsoever. I'm loving this game to death, but a little more online functionality couldn't be too much more to ask for.

Give it time. They can add stuff.

Finally got my copy... granted, I have to still teach my evening class, then go to Fry's and get a wireless router... but I SHOULD be online tonight.

Finally.

I have some scores to settle.

ManaByte

Can't get it to work with an Apple AirPort. Enter the WEP key and the WiFi connection setup won't recognize it.

Booo, Tronix shipment delayed until tommorrow and now VG+ says the dongle has been delayed until Dec 5th. Think I'll just pick up the dongle next Friday over here. Still, not exactly smooth sailing for poor Mario Kart.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
fallout said:
So, basically, no benefit whatsoever. I'm loving this game to death, but a little more online functionality couldn't be too much more to ask for.

I linked my My Nintendo account with MK Online right away despite the lack of features, because I figured in the future they might add like "join date" or something and then people would see how hardcore/early I was :D

Spike

Yeah, Nintendo messed up by not offering the dongle on day one, sadly. Oh well, I'll just pick it up with Animal Crossing.

Also, I absolutely love this game.

argon

Just got my copy during lunch break and only had time to play a wi-fi game (4 tracks)...
it kicks some serious ass, as expected.

Toad FTW!

edit: when the item box is spinning randomly, is there any way to manually stop it or is it automatic now?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Someone be willing to help make my ducky avatar in the decal maker? Or just some nifty triforce decal

borghe

uggh.. probably another 2 hours MINIMUM before I can pick up my preorder........

damn you nintendo.. why couldn't the game have simply been alright.. at least then the wait would be less painful. :(

GaimeGuy said:
Someone be willing to help make my ducky avatar in the decal maker? Or just some nifty triforce decal

easy: ^^
ducky12yl.png

Q: Someone claims that there are people cheating online by using the Action Replay. Driving through walls, star ability forever etc.
BS, eh?

Y2Kevbug11 said:
1-0 for me. Having a VERY difficult time getting into games.

so it's not just me.

by the way, add me oh mario kart lovers.

my name is TetrisGOD

code:

just tell me if you want me to put your name/code on my friends list.

:Motorbass said:
easy: ^^
ducky12yl.png

Q: Someone claims that there are people cheating online by using the Action Replay. Driving through walls, star ability forever etc.
BS, eh?

this is awesome, then again for my name, i drew out a tetris playing field.
cause i'm awesome like that.

Akia

f_elz and tetrisgod I added you both.

Add me: Akia

I'll be online searching for Friends in 20 min.

mCACGj

Is it just me or do you have to wait a while and often times it doesnt even find opponents? It took a while for each one, and my connection is strong. Game is AWESOME otherwise.

methodman

Banned
Hey guys we should really make an official thread with all our names in the first post type of thing. Want me to make that? Or just have it all in this thread?

BTW, THIS GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME.

borghe

to those complaining about waiting for opponents, my guess is you have to wait for more people to get the game. most of us in the US are either still at work or just gotten off recently, or still in class. by tonight getting into a game shouldn't be difficult at all.

Akia

I'll add it soon. My bro is playing now.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Global Wi-Fi Service is experiencing intermittent problems

UH OH NINTENDO. GOOD JOB.

Well we're connected to the service. We haven't been disconnected yet.

Top Bottom