• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Global Wi-Fi Service is experiencing intermittent problems

UH OH NINTENDO. GOOD JOB.
FC-kaboom.jpg

Should have sent me that beta version nintendo, should have sent me that beta version.

Unison

Urrm... i think it's the randomly generated one at the moment, but I'll switch it to Unison.

I think the online thing is fucked right now, honestly. I can't connect at all!

SpiffyG

Unison said:
Urrm... i think it's the randomly generated one at the moment, but I'll switch it to Unison.

That isn't a good sign... =/

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Yeah I can't connect to Unison at all.

Not surprised, its pretty much guaranteed to go down tonight. No online network is safe from the wrath of "TOO MANY USERS".

Ironclad

I haven't picked up my copy yet but from the last few responses in this thread and the status on nintendowifi.com, it seems that the service is getting hit a little harder then they expected it to.

Akia

I added everyone. I just disconnected and re-connected. Its working great. I'm searching friends right now.

Unison, I added you as well:

Again, my code:

I guess since most people bought the game today, everyone trying to connect must crashed the servers. Well, I hopefully wish this isn't the case.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
The Main Event said:
Unison, I added you as well:

Again, my code:

I guess since most people bought the game today, everyone trying to connect must crashed the servers. Well, I hopefully wish this isn't the case.
What name should I put you down for?

Akia

Uh when you go to your friend roaster. Is there a difference when you lock and unlock friends.

EDIT: Well I spoke too soon:( No more online for now I suppose. I'll just play battle mode some more.

mCACGj

Unison said:

At Nintendo's wifi site, it has a yellow box and says "Global Wi-Fi Service is experiencing intermittent problems" so I would assume it's just bogged down from everyone trying to get.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Oh yeah, Nintendo is getting hammered.
Nintendo.com said:
We are currently experiencing high volume or technical difficulties on our site. Please close your browser and try logging in again. If you have tried logging in several times over a 24 hour period and you are still experiencing difficulties please e-mail nintendo@noa.nintendo.com for assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.
Their servers are going down for the count it seems.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
WONDERFUL!

After the content-starved, weekend novelty that is Double Dash, and the infuriatingly slippery control and witless coin grubbery that makes up Super Circuit, it's a true pleasure to experience such a rich return to proper Mario Kart-ing after a decade of wankery.

So smooth, so tactile, so pleasant. Silly how the new courses nearly shame the fanservice selection of 'Retro' cups in terms of obstacles, cuts, and sheer nuance. I expected it not to suck, but this reeks of effort. I'll update with friend info once my dongle arrives and I can go online.

Akia said:
Uh when you go to your friend roaster. Is there a difference when you lock and unlock friends.
When you play people locally, they are added to the list automatically. older ones are deleted (dont know the limit; 40 or so). If you lock them, they don't get deleted. And it seems like locked friends are selected more often by the server in friend mode compared to nonlocked friends...

Teddman

I know it's Nintendo's first stab at online, but this is a little disheartening. How many users can be trying to play right now, a hundred thousand tops?

And their forums seem hammered too, I get this everytime I try to access a board:
Page Not Found

The page you are trying to access was not found. Please check your URL for typos and try again.
Redirects me to: http://forums.nintendo.com/old_browser.vm

littlewig

Banned
Well, I got the last copy at my Gamestop(only had 8 shipped on the first day), and I need friends. T_T

My friend code is

littlewig said:
Well, I got the last copy at my Gamestop(only had 8 shipped on the first day), and I need friends. T_T

My friend code is

You're in my list, my code is on this same page.

...still can't connect...

Unison

It takes a minute or two to find opponents, regardless of the mode you're in. Just let it sit for a minute or two while searching.

littlewig

Banned
Unison said:
It takes a minute or two to find opponents, regardless of the mode you're in. Just let it sit for a minute or two while searching.

Unison, could you add me to your friend list? I want to play against you.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Posted in the other thread too, but here it is...

MrCheez

add me plz I'll love you forever :eek:

I just realize after years of no mario kart I know suck at this!

unless its because I can't focus... I will get online after I win a few races in single player :lol

Akia

I added Mr.Cheez, Spaz and everyone else in the thread. I'm searching friends. I'll let it sit. So far one person connected.

EDIT: HAHA, Spaz I'm going to own you.

SpiffyG

Need... to find... thirty five dollars. *cries*

I wonder how long NWFC will be down. Once I get the game, I want to be able to play online.

MrCheez

Sweet Akia I've got you added too.

Adding everyone I see in the two GAF threads.. I've got my DS continually searching for "friends" as we speak. Hopefully their server goes back up. =P

Ironclad

Lucky bastards who already have the game. :D

I'll go under IroncladNinja as soon as I get the game. I'll post my friends code as soon as I get the game and add everybody in both threads.

I have the dongle ordered as well so I will be leeching off of my neighbors unencrypted connections until that comes in.

MrCheez

Does it make a difference what name you put someone under as long as their friend code is correct? o_O

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Well, it looks like I'll need to buy the dongle if I ever want to get online.

It's for the best. Or worst. Since I'm in two different houses during the week (and 1 only had the wireless connection) I can just take the dongle from house to house.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I keep getting this error:
Nintendo Wi-Fi.com said:
ERROR CODE 85020

Error Code: 80000-89999

A network communication error occured during the matchmaking process.

If this error occurs only once in awhile or if you are at a Hotspot location, it is likely due to congestion on the internet or a connection problem being experienced by the other player(s).

Home:
If this error occurs regularly, while you are playing at home, it is likely a connection problem related to your firewall settings. For more information on firewalls and the Nintendo WFC, click here.

At a Hotspot:
Try again later.
ARRRRRRRG

Akia

Spaz good game. Holy moly that was hot. Ironclad whats your friend code.

BTW, I'm searching for a game in the friends thing now.

littlewig

Banned
I noticed that i when I enter my Friend Roster, I can see the records of some of you guys, while the others are blanked out.

I'm guessing the blanked out ones can't log on...

littlewig

Banned
Akia said:
Spaz good game. Holy moly that was hot. Ironclad whats your friend code.

BTW, I'm searching for a game in the friends thing now.

I'm searching in my friend list too, but I can't find you...

Top Bottom