• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

Leatherface

To anyone with a Netgear mr814v2 or mr814v3. You need to set up a static IP in order for it to work right. Figured I'd let you know to save some frustration(like I had =_| ).

-james-

I ran out early from work and picked it up at Target. Cant get the damn thing to connect though. Any experts out there willing to lend a hand?

My setup:

actiontec dsl modem/gateway
Wireless enabled WEP and MAC filtering (yes i entered the hex key and added the ds mac to the list)
running mixed mode b/g

I cant get my ds to even see the access point. I know it works as my daughters iMac is hooked up wirelessly using WEP. Tried with no security also. Do i need 802.1x set up? What is a radius server and how do i find the IP? I thought this would be easy....

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Akia, Tekno, Spaz, Unison... anyone else who added me... search for friends right now :D

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
sorry I was playing a cup getting the feel of the game fucking awesome... I'm gonna start adding people now.

Papi

Brisbane, Australia. Got it an hour ago. Setup my wireless network. I'll get my friend code in a few minutes.
Orange sparks. WTF?

MrCheez

Good games Akia :) Did you fall off at choco mountain? I was doing sooo badly then suddenly I was in first :lol

Akia

OMG Cheez I fell off and landed at the beginning of the course.

Good Game.

I'm searching for friends right now. So far nobody.

Leatherface

haha! I got it to connect and I versed som random kid from the area. Smoked his ass in every race! :D

Mario Kart DS= =O =O

goty

littlewig

Banned
Well, it seems like it finally decided to do something.

One of the blocks are flashing yellow while searching, what does this mean?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'm getting totally slapped around by Unison :lol

He OWNS me at the start, I still haven't learned how to do the boost, someone teach me!

Teddman

Aw yeah! Cheapass router owners rejoice! From the Nintendo.com forums:
In the router's configuration, go to:

ADVANCED (top bar) and then PERFORMANCE (side bar)

Set the following:

Basic Rates: 1-2(Mbps)
TX Rates: 1-2,5.5-11(Mbps)
Preamble Type: Long
Authentication: Open System

Reboot and I bet you'll be talking.

(Your basic rates is probably "1-2,5.5-11" right now, which will not work with the DS.)

Taken from the official forums.(works for me on 2 different di-514 routers)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Sorry for quitting Unison, but the girlfriend wants to play. :lol Great matches, you rock!

Thanks Ironclad_Ninja, I will study that to make ammends on my poor performance.

Unison

TekunoRobby said:
I'm getting totally slapped around by Unison :lol

He OWNS me at the start, I still haven't learned how to do the boost, someone teach me!

Hold "A" when the 2 is about to disappear.

Good games! :) We seemed pretty even!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Online Mario Kart, no matter how simplified it is and annoying the connection problems are, totally rocks it. Playing with Unison was great fun, good challenge, and a blast knowing that I'm screwing up someone across the country with my foul banana peels hahaha.

MrCheez

Daaaaaaaaamn Akia that was some close shit :lol

Searching right now, Error!

MrCheez

Ditto :) This is such a blast.

Error, did you add me? You're stats don't show up in my friends roster.

I am so steamed right now. I bought a D-Link Wireless DI-524 router from Amazon.com because it was a good deal and also 5-star compatible on Nintendo's router list. Well, I got Mario Kart today, and what's this? It won't connect. So I go to Nintendo's wifi site; lo and behold they have revised their list. My version of the router, v. A2, is NOT compatible AT ALL with the service, only version C1 is. Thanks a lot Nintendo, screw you.

Teddman

MadraptorMan said:
I am so steamed right now. I bought a D-Link Wireless DI-524 router from Amazon.com because it was a good deal and also 5-star compatible on Nintendo's router list. Well, I got Mario Kart today, and what's this? It won't connect. So I go to Nintendo's wifi site; lo and behold they have revised their list. My version of the router, v. A2, is NOT compatible AT ALL with the service, only version C1 is. Thanks a lot Nintendo, screw you.
See my post about the DI-514 above, it may well work for your 524 too.

-james-

im going insane here. My DS wont find my wireless network. Followed all of the bs on the nintendo site, still no luck. My actiontec is listed but i still cant get it to f'n work.

Top Bottom