• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

Zeo

Banned
SpeedRazor said:
I know, but it's not the weapons position I can't stand, it's the accelerate button. Would fit my hand much better if I could change it to B. I use L for weapons either way. With A I end up holding down the X button on accident which screws up weapon throwing.

You got a bigass thumb.

SpeedRazor said:
I really wish I could set accelerate to B and item use to Y. My hand is killing me after a few races. I've never had a problem with any of the DS games I've played.

Oh shit, I knew this would happen. It seems all nintendo's ds games will come packed with this horrible control decision. After suffering through all those hand-cramped hours of Super Princess Peach, I think it would be better to not get Mario Kart at all.

phantomile co. said:
my friend RubangB TM just busted you up.
Was he the idiot I just played with the pink swastika icon? Yeah, that guy busted me up baaad. So bad that once I passed him my stupid game locked up and I got dropped from the race!

I've only gotten to finish one race so far, cuz I REALLY sucked it up in that one. Nintendo's site ain't offering any help and pretty much sez a 9xxxx error is my fault. Woo. And my router's got five stars! Arrrrgh.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I've been denied this game for TOO LONG.

Tomorrow evening, after my night class, Mario Kart DS (and a new wifi router) are mine.

THEN you will all laugh -- laugh as you destroy me, the untrained one!

so nice to have players to finally play with... last few nights it would take like 10 mins to get a 3 person match max.. now its going in like 30 secs.. quite nice..

Been playing kinda the same people though =[

40-12 atm

Nester

Rummy Bunnz said:
Was he the idiot I just played with the pink swastika icon? Yeah, that guy busted me up baaad. So bad that once I passed him my stupid game locked up and I got dropped from the race!

I've only gotten to finish one race so far, cuz I REALLY sucked it up in that one. Nintendo's site ain't offering any help and pretty much sez a 9xxxx error is my fault. Woo. And my router's got five stars! Arrrrgh.

Is your routers firmware up to date?

nine words said:
Too bad to hear :-/ in the videos it seemed quite fast though :-/

Trust me.. it gets fast.. jus takes time.. i think its the size of the screen.. your seeing a bigger screen and everythings moving fast.. smaller screen doesnt feel like you have that sensation but it probably is going just as fast..

I should test double dash speed times on time trials with this game on 150cc ;p

BTW 46-12 :eek:

BTW: if you face benny777 and get worried about his record.. dont worry.. hes utter newb :p

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
i thought i was on the way to destroying PezRadar after my glorious win on mario circuit 1 - then i got owned on every other course :lol

SpeedRazor said:
Is your routers firmware up to date?
Yep.

Just fiddled with some settings and it's still happening, though just now it happened right when someone else moved into first. Very weird. This is really bumming me out, cuz the game's awesome (aside from the stupid mapping of gas to the A button) and I just wanna play it online!

pilonv1

How do you finish playing WiFi races after your done? I had to turn my DS off unless I'm missing something.

Edit: Found it, only after 4 races.

marc^o^ said:
Can you upload premade decals via wifi?
I dont think you can actively but Nintendo seems to be able to grab them (seeing "This month's Avatar" on the MK-WiFi site, but maybe it is something else...)

Q: How many decals can you save on the card?

fallout

phantomile co. said:
all i know is, that the 150cc on this, is about the same as 100cc in the others. that's disapointing as fuck, but i think i already got used to it.
Well, I seem to remember DD (being the last MK I've played) being a lot less forgiving about running into walls and such. I think that might rationalize it a little. Personally, I couldn't even see a difference, heh.

Also, I'm not sure if this gets mentioned enough, but drafting kicks ass, especially online. I love blasting by someone at the very last moment.

im having trouble getting connected here at home. it's the same exact type of router that i used at my friends house. the connection gets detected, but once i put the wep number in, it tries to connect, and i get error 52000.

advice?

Ninja Dom

i just called Nintendo, it had something to do with mac address or something. my router just wasn't letting it get in.

turned off the encryption, connected with the DS, turned the encryption back on, and was able to connect from then on.

Akia

NOOOOOO

WTF!!!!!!!!

I ordered from Outpost.com. I just checked my order status and it's telling me...

MARIO KART IS BACK ORDERED!!! I'm cancelling and going to GameStop.

EDIT: I just cancelled. I'm about to go to GameStop.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
"Please note: Darwin's original review was removed due to what we consider to be trolling and erroneous information. He was a new recruit who has submitted what we consider quality reviews in the past. A full review will be posted later today. We apologize for the inconvenience."

O_O

"Please note: Darwin's original review was removed due to what we consider to be trolling and erroneous information. He was a new recruit who has submitted what we consider quality reviews in the past. A full review will be posted later today. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Looks like the process of natural selection killed Darwin.

new recruit

Sounds like the KISS Army.

Razoric

Banned
marc^o^ said:

O_O

what site is this?

edit: nvm just saw :lol

gururoji

Rummy Bunnz said:
Just fiddled with some settings and it's still happening, though just now it happened right when someone else moved into first. Very weird. This is really bumming me out, cuz the game's awesome (aside from the stupid mapping of gas to the A button) and I just wanna play it online!

Yeah, this is seriously fucked up. I played with Rummy last night, and 10 seconds after he moved into first place my game locked. Another 10 seconds passed, and it showed me the exact error code he mentioned. So I tried to send him an IM about it on my computer, but noticed my entire internet had gone down. I reset the cable modem and router but nothing I tried brought it back. (It finally came back on its own sometime in the middle of the night.)

I know it sounds ridiculous and impossible, but it sure seems like the game brought my entire connnection down. And it happened right after Rummy described the same thing happening to him. Scary stuff!

Tiktaalik

How do I do the speed boost at the beginning? Maybe I'm not remembering how it was done in the old games, but I can never do it.

Unison

Zaxxon said:
How do I do the speed boost at the beginning? Maybe I'm not remembering how it was done in the old games, but I can never do it.

When the numbers come up, they wiggle a little.

Start holding A as soon as the 2 starts wiggling.

Top Bottom