• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

I know this whole friend code business can be a pain and restrictive, etc., but I like it.

By building our own code base of GAFFers, it's like having our own GAF Xbox live player pool for matchmaking, and we can easily exclude those who cheat, quit, etc.

Also, I am now super-psyched for Animal Crossing DS.

demi

Dr. Zoidberg said:
Also, I am now super-psyched for Animal Crossing DS.

Don't we need another DB for Animal Crossing and even Tony Hawk as well?

I will try and make a dry template so people can switch on the fly between DS games

kiryogi

Banned
yanhero said:
I never got a star. But the bullet was great...I got both you and Papi that time hehe. Btw, whats ur frd code? I dont think I have you yet....maybe you were Papi's frd n we connected that way?

Mine is:

mine is:

Akia

Matlock's friend code is incorrect.

I just added:

Zoidberg

Teddman

DarthWufei

GD Justin

Smiles and Cries said:
how do you see your race record... I suck at this :D

Go to the main menu and go to Records.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
darth wufei
daviddayton
theduce22
jeff_AMN
mainevent
gdjustin
manabyte
dr. strangelove
Koam
bobbyconover
lambtron
kaijima

add me :)

edit:Matlock added

So i thought you had to be on each others friends list, everyone, to get into a 4 player game? I def played 3 rounds with Bepbo, and hes not on my list anywhere.

demi

the androgyne said:
haha two PHP driven mario kart friends lists within a few posts of each other :)

demi's might have country info but i just did mine during work hours so i win :p

on a note.. u can click a column header to sort by something.. so that might make up for the lack of a search..

if my page becomes definitive i could put the country in there of course! and maybe a gif version of your decal just for kicks :)

I'm not very experienced at PHP/SQL really, I made it so I could possibly learn new stuff

Teddman

After all the "not compatible" buzz generated by Nintendowifi.com, my D-Link 514 worked without any adjustments whatsoever! I just entered my WEP and was racing online in minutes!

Who tested these at Nintendo? Nimrods caused a lot of people to worry about their routers for nothing, they better update the site to reflect that the D-Link 514 is FULLY COMPATIBLE, FIVE STARS.

I'm a graphic designer so i'm not supposed to be doing this either :p
But the company i work at has some nice code libraries that make things a lot simpler!

That said, yours has got more friends so far - i'm happy to can mine and just have yours going rather than have this info in more than one place?

demi

the androgyne said:
I'm a graphic designer so i'm not supposed to be doing this either :p
But the company i work at has some nice code libraries that make things a lot simpler!

That said, yours has got more friends so far - i'm happy to can mine and just have yours going rather than have this info in more than one place?

Cool with me

You're a graphic designer? Make me a better logo :p

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Teddman said:
After all the "not compatible" buzz generated by Nintendowifi.com, my D-Link 514 worked without any adjustments whatsoever! I just entered my WEP and was racing online in minutes!

Who tested these at Nintendo? Nimrods caused a lot of people to worry about their routers for nothing, they better update the site to reflect that the D-Link 514 is FULLY COMPATIBLE, FIVE STARS.

Yeah, I bought the DI-524 based on their ratings last week. Now they update the info again and it turns out my version A2 model isn't compatible. Looks like I'll be going to back Circuit City tomorrow for an exchange. Get your information right, Nintendo.

To those that added me, I'll be online within the next day or so, so don't erase me from those lists just yet.

Teddman

Dr. Strangelove said:
Yeah, I bought the DI-524 based on their ratings last week. Now they update the info again and it turns out my version A2 model isn't compatible.
Are you sure? I don't believe ANY D-Link router is incompatible, but I do believe Nintendowifi don't know what the Hell they are doing. Try this advice from another forum:
Even though they added the D-Link 524 version A to the incompatible list, it does work when you change the TX Mode to 2 and the channel to 11. I finally connected and played many games without the use of my PSP to open up a dialogue for the DS! Yippee..

List of people I just added.. If you can add me that would be great :)

Matlock
Civilstrife
MrCheez
Dr. Zoidberg
Unison
CVXFREAK
phantomile
Mejilan
evilromero
acr0nym (i think u pm'd me)
julls
Teddman
Akia

My NWFC Friend code is

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Demi, you should add a way for us to post and update our win/loss records, and maybe even we could set up a ranking system?

Although technically I suppose people could just post fake stats and ruin it =P

Top Bottom