• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
man it's such a tragedy that bowser's castle and that airship level aren't playable online. :( I just can't get over it.

fse

DavidDayton said:
Possibly, the question being "reconfigure it to what"?

I mean, it works -- but every 3 races or so it tends to stop.

NWFC is getting laggier and I am also seeing the disconnect problem.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
just wondering, based on how mario kart is performing online now how do you guys think a game like Smash Bros. would play on the Rev for example? A game like Smash Bros. online would need the least latency possible, so how do you think it'd perform based on your time spent with Mario Kart DS?

Bebpo

Banned
Oh, and having never played the N64 version (played SNES->GBA->GC, though didn't play the GC one for more than a day or two) what the hell is up with the super-wide tracks? It's retarded and just really really bad track design :\

Ironclad

Bebpo said:
Oh, and having never played the N64 version (played SNES->GBA->GC, though didn't play the GC one for more than a day or two) what the hell is up with the super-wide tracks? It's retarded and just really really bad track design :\
I've played every Mario Kart game up to DS and the only reason I can think of for the extra-wide tracks is the inclusion of the power slide system. I would imagine that the tracks are widened to accomodate the power slide system. Just my guess. It could just be bad track design though.

Spencerr

Banned
Bebpo said:

All the better for haxxcore powersliding and whatever you call it with the air slipping thing :p

ive been playing regional games in between my friends games.. havent had 1 issue yet, and havent had 1 issue since i last thursday..

No idea why u all are.. maybe its your routers?

pilonv1 said:
What does the little blue thing above your signal strength mean?

A friend is online currently looking for a game in the "Friends" option for game choices

Teddman

PezRadar said:
ROFL

im destroying teddman and shinoobi by like 20 seconds
Dammit, this is what happens when you jump online before playing single player and didn't play DD. I'm playing half these courses for the first time. :lol

Btw, Toad's default kart sucks ass. I was unable to catch up to Shinoobi in all 4 matches!

Teddman said:
Dammit, this is what happens when you jump online before playing single player and didn't play DD. You don't know half the courses. :lol

Btw, Toad's default kart sucks ass. I was unable to catch up to Shinoobi in all 4 matches!

lol.. you musta played him again afterward.. :p

you did okay with mario ! :p

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
can't seem to get a friends match going - i have added heaps of people but keep ending up with 2 player matches or nothign at all!

add me:p

240577 605107

edit : smiles it told me you had disconnected! and goes 'press a to go back to match screen'

BOOOOOOO!

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Damn you people having fun so early! I have to make an effort to track down a copy tomorrow :p Screw you all!

Drensch

Well I just got home, and loaded up MKds for the first time. It took me about a minute to set up, (a little longer for Nintendo's return email) and I was rolling. I raced a random race against a Japanse guy, a guy named curry and someone else I forget. It was insanely fun. I didn't read the book yet, so I was flying blind. I came in 3rd overall.

FYI I have the Netgear WGR614v5 and I had no problems at all. I also happened to be using my laptop at the same time. I also have a 3 pc network with zonealarm firewalls on each unit. No problems at all, other than downgrading to WEP from WPA.

Now I have to do up an Avatar and friendcodes. Woot!

Top Bottom