• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

cvxfreak

I think I'll play right next to my router. :lol

My router is one floor below, about two rooms away diagonally.

That said, anyone who's familiar with a university connection, where you enter a username and password... do we need our laptops to leech off the WiFi or can the DS get through automatically?

maynerd

Banned
Is there any reason whatsoever why we shouldn't be publically sharing our codes? We are just passing around these codes and are going to be making a database. Should we be concerned? Sorry just being paranoid.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Man, I'm having a helluva time getting 3 stars on mission 1-8. It's the only mission I've left in that tier to perfect, but I can't step past 2 stars.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
With the recent partnership between Nintendo and McDonalds to offer free wi-fi play with DS games Nintendo has decided to rebrand Mario's longtime sidekick and brother Luigi with a new image and new name.

Say hello to McLuigi.

No green in his costume I see.

demi

maynerd said:
Is there any reason whatsoever why we shouldn't be publically sharing our codes? We are just passing around these codes and are going to be making a database. Should we be concerned? Sorry just being paranoid.

If they have your code and you dont have theirs, what's the big?

Are they gonna HACK you!?

lol

It's all in good fun dude, relax

It's so this thread isnt filled with spammage of code requests, its all in one neat bundle

kiryogi

Banned
maynerd said:
WOW what a fierce battle Kiryogi! UNBELIEVEABLE!

I started off 4th place. Won 1st place twice in a row. Tied going into the 4th race with Kiryogi

We both fall back and it appears that we are going to battle over 3rd and 4th place. But whoever comes in 3rd is the winner so we still have to battle it out big time. I pull a red shell and blow out the 2nd place guy. I'm in second place and Kiryogi is in 4th with about 3 seconds till the finish line. Kiryogi pulls a bullet bill and blows by me for the 2nd place finish and the WIN! :lol

BGE!

My god all the matches in that round was great, but that match on Sky Garden. Maaan, I thought I was done for. I was in 4th for the longest time, but with some decent luck right at the end... :D Good show Maynerd.

Not sure who to add.. I really want to add a ton of you guys..

But Friends code is

PezRadar

Add me.. if you do .. PM Me with yours.. Ill be glad to add you all and whoop yall up (1 week extra practice ftw)

Kai

still awaiting from:

catalyst
brandonnn
phantomile
kaijima
drevil
jeff-dsa
unison
littlewig
mainevent
tetrisgod
borghe
theduce22
koam
gd justin

here is mine:

SamusKai

phantomile co. said:
sorry bobby, but i really don't feel like doing one on one, im gonna keep searching til i get atleast a 3 player race.

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is. I've only ever been given 1 on 1, and you're one of about 3 different people I've ever been matched up with despite the fact that I have a list of 40+.

Nice game just now btw, the ending of that Delfino Plaza race was hilarious!

i just wanted to interupt this whole # trading thing going on and wanted to ask...

how much fun are you guys having with online mario kart? the times that i have raced online, have arguably been the most fun i've had with the series yet.

phantomile co. said:
i just wanted to interupt this whole # trading thing going on and wanted to ask...

how much fun are you guys having with online mario kart? the times that i have raced online, have arguably been the most fun i've had with the series yet.

I concur. But perhaps that's the honeymoon talking. Plays fantastic online (and noticeably different from other games in the series).

Smiles and Cries said:
has anyone ever connected using worldwide or anything other than friends?
worldwide was all i was doing all night and all day today in the morning. the the game was officially released, and the servers seem to have gone to shit.

SuperPac

I was able to yesterday and over the weekend but not at all today. Even connecting to friends has been very very slow. Hopefully Nintendo will work out the kinks soon.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
That game roxxed.

Error... we tied! Ties are like kissing your sister :( Are you my sister by any chance?

kiryogi

Banned
me! man. I swear I kept the lead in a lot of those matches.. and jsut like at the end it gets stolen! XD and maynerd. good rival times. hahahahaha. Did you enjoy the star and bullets?

edit.. sorry jumped the gun a bit of bug testing was required! should all be good now

you had to ask didn't you! it's free for all MYSQL database of MKDS/GA friends!!
MARIO KART FRIENDS LIST

you can't edit stuff so get it right the first time! i dont want to be changing entry mistakes!

yanhero

kiryogi said:
me! man. I swear I kept the lead in a lot of those matches.. and jsut like at the end it gets stolen! XD and maynerd. good rival times. hahahahaha. Did you enjoy the star and bullets?

I never got a star. But the bullet was great...I got both you and Papi that time hehe. Btw, whats ur frd code? I dont think I have you yet....maybe you were Papi's frd n we connected that way?

Mine is:

Added: SamusKai

My Friend Code (Catalyst):

4 3 8 1 4 6
1 3 8 5 2 1

Couldn't resist playing more games...must...fight...ARGGGHHHH too FUN!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
haha two PHP driven mario kart friends lists within a few posts of each other :)

demi's might have country info but i just did mine during work hours so i win :p

on a note.. u can click a column header to sort by something.. so that might make up for the lack of a search..

if my page becomes definitive i could put the country in there of course! and maybe a gif version of your decal just for kicks :)

demi

Scrow said:
i know it's early days, but it'd also be good if you could do a search for users based on their location so that you could organise games with people locally to avoid having a laggy game.

Fo sho, that was one of my thoughts

Baby steps

maynerd

Banned
Scrow said:
i know it's early days, but it'd also be good if you could do a search for users based on their location so that you could organise games with people locally to avoid having a laggy game.

You've experienced lag?

Top Bottom