• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

fse

heres my icon
monroeavatar0yp.gif

mrkgoo

Man, I really want to play with some of you here...but I don't have a broadband connection, or even a pc (I have a mac).

Funny, I was nearly tossing up the idea to get a BB connection, plus an Airport Express just to play...

Bah...maybe next year.

In other news, the game is indeed awesome - but it feels pretty slow and lifeless, at least on 50cc. Soon, though I will reach the real levels....

hirokazu

my game always freezes just before the countdown starts on the fourth race of a WFC match... everytime, i'd have to switch it off and back on. wtf??

its only ever managed to get to the final rankings ONCE out of about 8 online matches i've played :|

Doc Holliday said:
this maybe a dumb question but how are people downloading and uploading custom emblems?
Not at all in Mario Kart. Prepare on PC and draw it per-pixel on DS.

edit: BDGAME: Someone said, he played for 2 hours at McD with no problems

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Does somebody have the decal palette in a format for one of the popular image programs? Seems like it would give you more options/finer control to convert images that way.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I have a dilbert I am quite happy with. some of you may have seen him last night (had quite a few friend matches). partly through the website in this thread, and then cleaned up a lot free hand.

rawk

Ford Prefect: Good races last night!

Anyone know whats up with, when searching for racers, two little blocks will light up, then, after a little while of looking for #3, both will disappear simultaneously? Seems odd.

borghe

happens to me also.. I think they are still working out the matchmaking code on their end. at least I hope so.

Sunski

Has anyone thought about setting up racing teams/clans? If it catches on, maybe Nintendo would host the stats for that themselves.

I'm trying to figure out how it could work. Say on here, 5 or 10 players get together. You share your friends number to each other. You need to be registered on Nintendo's site to get Win/Loss record right? So each "Racing Team" needs its on homepage where all 5 to 10 racers are listed along with their up to date Win/Loss recorded. You combine these stats to come up with a combined "Team" Win/Loss record. Another website, but eventually Nintendo's if it takes off, would keep a table of each team and their win/loss record.

Obviously we need fair players so that we don't get people swapping in new members with exceptional records, just to cheat themselves to the top.

How does it sound? Feasible?

borghe

drift power boosting is entirely necessary to win online.. I spent around two hours last night going through single player just learning how to do it and where to do it on levels (and unlocking stuff also of course).

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I got this game yesterday and set it up to work with my wireless router this morning so hopefully tonite I'll be able to get some games in!

Dracos

Love the game. I can't believe I finally get to lay in bed and play Mario Kart online. Last night I whupped some dude named MattC. I wonder if that was IGN's Matt.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dracos said:
I can't believe I finally get to lay in bed and play Mario Kart online. .

I didnt get to play online last night, but yeah it felt great to lay in bed and play mario kart before i went to sleep. heh.

i have a feeling once i start playing online it will be a ritiual to play a couple games before i get some Zzz's...

Matlock

Banned
Just unlocked Waluigi, and even though he has some great stats--holy christ is his turning poor in his regular car. :\

Dry Bones still rocks, tho.

darscot

Damn Mario Kart rocks! I'm getting my ass handed to me online but I'm loving every minute of it. I finaly won a game so I'm 2-10.

methodman

Banned
darscot have you played 1 player mode at all? my record is 8-8, but all my losses have came against people from GAF who fucking rock. I've beat a couple gaffers now too though

borghe

Matlock said:
Dry Bones still rocks, tho.
QFT

I unlocked him last night after racing a few GPs with phantomile, evilromero, and one other guy.. after I unlocked him I went back on for some regional matches and tookmy new character and owned in two gps with him. dry bones is definitely all that and a bag of cool ranch.

darscot

methodman said:
darscot have you played 1 player mode at all? my record is 8-8, but all my losses have came against people from GAF who fucking rock. I've beat a couple gaffers now too though

Naw, went straight online. Over the next few days, I'll hone my skills in one player. I was pretty lethal on the SNES version and I've played them all so I'll get my shit together.

PkunkFury

BDGAME said:
Other question: Is the Mac Donald’s Wi Fi service work?

Someone is playing in Mac Donald’s?

I've played in my local McDonalds twice now, for a total of like 4 hours. The connection is great! The food is terrible!

I'll be stuck with McDonalds until I get my Nintendongle in the mail

number386

The GAF'ers are pretty tough, my overall record is 14-10. Against Gaffers it's 0-5, against random people it's 14-5. I also added a bunch of people from Demi's (great job BTW) site, and also included my info there.. Feel free to add mine.

Bearsuit

rawk

So far the GAF races have been best, as people feel more shame about dropping out if they suck. I'd rather lose against people with honor than win against people who might disconnect if I start beating them.

I think I just ran into Raoul Duke. Hastur FTW.

Loving the game so far, but I need to quit playing online and start practicing tracks/unlocking more stuff instead... oops.

Tempted to throw my friend code into the pile here and fight some gaffers but scared of the ass kicking I'd probably get.

Akia

Error2k4 said:
grr.. I'm at work can't play online. can't wait to get home and start playing.

I'm practicing for tonight. But I have to go to the Post office....so no online till i get back.

I might have missed this somewhere in this whopper of a thread, but does anybody know how to view your own win/loss record?

EDIT: n/m, I figgered it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
all of my online matches have been against gaffers and I must say I gotten my ass kicked quite a few times :lol

Maynard said:
How do you earn new racers for online play?!
Gran Prix

btw this is my friend code add me people
Error2k4

borghe

roman2k said:
One more week... just one more week.

Does anybody know if I can play with more than one DS over one Nintendongle?
you can authenticate up to 5 DSes on one dongle.

Interesting...

I was just in a match and there was a guy with a wang for an avatar, but when the match started it magically changed to a green Luigi "L". Apparently somebody upstairs is censoring these things.

olimario

Banned
I've seen 3 penises so far.

BIG QUESTION HERE
Who's tingle?
But really, with online being in-software could somebody create a DS web browser that could connect to the web for free in hotspots?

Top Bottom