• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

stupid router!!!
I have a dlink 624, it was perfectly working ten minutes ago!!!
and now, my nintendo wfc disconnects like crazy!( it tells me my opponents disconnect every single time...)

koam

Twilight Princess said:
stupid router!!!
I have a dlink 624, it was perfectly working ten minutes ago!!!
and now, my nintendo wfc disconnects like crazy!( it tells me my opponents disconnect every single time...)

I have the same router. I find the new firmware is a bloody nightmare. Go to version 1.03 of the firmware. Mine came with version 1.05, I reverted to the old 1.03 and i have no problems.

I'm going to do groceries, i'll be back at 8pm.

SpiffyG

koam said:
Oh that just sucks, it was me, my msn is offline. You're pretty good actually to keep up with me like that :)
Items are always my downfall. I should probably start paying attention to what items the other racers have. =|

Drensch

Sfiffy and g staff added
me:347951 848598

I'm having a hard time getting in on a race, let alone one that isn't one on one.

SpiffyG

Drensch said:
Sfiffy and g staff added
me:347951 848598

I'm having a hard time getting in on a race, let alone one that isn't one on one.
I'm playing online with a non-GAFer friend of mine. I'll be available to play in a few minutes. He'll be on too, so we'll play with 3 racers.

edit: I'm on right now if anyone wants to play.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Phantomile! Nailing me with weapons at the LAST second. Oh, and that first race... juggling a phone call with my brother at the time. (Damn for the lack of pause)!

You rock dude. Thanks for the races! :D

Drensch

I'm searching. It notifies me that friends are on, but it hasn't matched me up.

I'm gonna see if there's a difference at hotpost tonight, could be my router.

Nester

Akia said:
Did someone set up a chat room yet? Or are we exchanging IM screen names?

I suggested setting up an IRC channel on the last page but the thread is moving pretty quick so it was left behind. :(

SpiffyG

Drensch said:
I'm searching. It notifies me that friends are on, but it hasn't matched me up.

I'm gonna see if there's a difference at hotpost tonight, could be my router.
Alright, I'm searching now too.

Mejilan

Seemed to have solved my random error 51300 random disconnect problems, where my DS looses touch with my router.

Upgraded my linksys firmware + changed my DS settings to a static IP with all settings manually inputted (versus the automatic-everything). No more drop offs, so far!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I so far have

drensch
twilight
criskre
littletwig
trilobyte
error2k4
olimario
Shinoobi
maynerd
Tenchir
Bearsuit

me:
levious

Mejilan

Searching for friends right now. I need to add more people to my list. Is there an up to date listing thread for friend codes? And just friend codes?

We should have a sticky for friend codes, where all other posts get deleted. just friend codes allowed.

Bah!! I'm 6-11. I've got some questions since I'm such a MK noob:

- How do you shoot the green shells behind you?
- How do you leave bombs in the road instead of shooting them way in front of you?
- Occasionally my character's head will kinda do something funny. It makes the cart go faster. What did I do to make it do that?

Anyway, Oxy I'll play

DR3AMER

Oxymoron

siamesedreamer said:
- How do you shoot the green shells behind you?
- How do you leave bombs in the road instead of shooting them way in front of you?
Hold back on the d-pad when you press L.

Added both of you.

Mejilan

Added a shitload of people from that GAF Friend List compendium. Still no luck finding anyone to play with... :/

Mejilan

I'm giving up searching. I count 39 friends in my list. I'll add another 11 or so, then go and play some DQ8...

The good news? Still, no more disconnects. So, if anyone gets crazy amounts of 51300 errors, I might be able to help.

Nester

siamesedreamer said:
Bah!! I'm 6-11. I've got some questions since I'm such a MK noob:

- Occasionally my character's head will kinda do something funny. It makes the cart go faster. What did I do to make it do that?

Anyway, Oxy I'll play

DR3AMER

You're drafting the person in front of you. If you drive behind someone you'll start seeing wind lines go past you. After a set amount of time you'll get a small boost and you can drive right around them.

It's especially fun to do while in 2nd place on the 3rd lap and you draft around them right before the finish line. :D

Matlock

Banned
When you go off ramps, if you hold up or down you can shift your weight to the front or the back. I didn't realize it until tonight. :lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
my gf just left me, how am I gonna pass through that? playing some Mario Kart of course!

I'm online and searching.

Mejilan

Ahhh, stupid me. Thank you.

And I will.

I have 10 slots left I was saving for some "real life" friends who don't own the game yet. But I'll throw ya in Shinoobi! :D

Mejilan

Akia said:
fun fun fun. good game y'all

i'm searching for someone to play with...so far nobody:(

haha GAF is fantasy land.

Ahhh, you know what I mean! :D

Argh Koam... I got an error 94030 and got disconnected. :/ Sorry dude.

Akia

Still nobody:( Someone play with me...

EDIT: A YELLOW SQUARE HAS APPEARED ON MY SCREENN YAY!
EDIT 2: another one!
EDIT 3: The lucky winners are: Maynerd and Matlock!

Top Bottom