• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

SuperPac

Shinoobi said:
aaah gg pac. real close those first rounds :p

Indeed. Excellent game. ^_^ Would've played more but my dinner was in the oven.

'Tis a shame that it doesn't fill remaining slots in a Friends game with worldwide gamers.

rawk

Cranehand2ndComing said:
Just registered:

Akia
DR3AMER
Error2k4
Matlock
SpiffyG
Oxymoron

I'm Cranehand
313592 - 129211

HEY CRANEHEAD!

I'll add anyone with a Ween avatar. Consider me a friend!

Nick

suaveric

Error2k4 said:
:lol nice race suaveric.

yeah- I guess I'm better with Wario. And was it just me or was the lag really bad on Rainbow Road? It looked to me like you were literally flying all over the place

Akia

Soul4ger said:
Didn't anyone add me? I'm on there like 12 hours a day, and I never get any friends. :(

I added you but you never added me so I deleted you, sorry. But if your going to be playing tonight then I'll delete someone who isn't to make room for ya.

Akia

What do you guys think are the chances of this thread having more posts then the legendary Resident Evil 4 thread?

koam

Akia said:
What do you guys think are the chances of this thread having more posts then the legendary Resident Evil 4 thread?

Pretty good, most of it spam though

Edit: I've been searching for a while, no one is pkaying?

SpiffyG

Okay, I added:

Error2k4
rawk
duderz
Cranehand
Mejilan
Matlock
levious
siamesedreamer

Could you guys do the same? :) (Some of the ones I listed already added me, but I'm talking to the other guys.)

|SPIFFY|

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
suaveric said:
yeah- I guess I'm better with Wario. And was it just me or was the lag really bad on Rainbow Road? It looked to me like you were literally flying all over the place
hmm strange, I saw you jumping here and there but nothing too serious.

nice race tenchir, those 3 mushrooms save my life at the end :lol

spiffy added.

koam

matlock, ch2c, someone else playing add me!

154678 297060

P.S Demi the list on your site is getting big. Can you sort it alphabetically?

P.S Stylus rocks, it makes it so quick to add people :)

Duderz

Banned
Shinoobi, good stuff.

BTW, what does the ringing mean, while you are racing? I've gotten that several times before but I don't know what it's for...

Edit: Spiffy, Matlock added.

tenchir

Error2k4 said:
hmm strange, I saw you jumping here and there but nothing too serious.

nice race tenchir, those 3 mushrooms save my life at the end :lol

spiffy added.

I was wondering how the hell you past me when you were practically off my screen near the end. Man I suck at mini-turbo, I can only succeed at it like a quarter of the time, anyone have any good tips?

rawk

Duderz said:
Shinoobi, good stuff.

BTW, what does the ringing mean, while you are racing? I've gotten that several times before but I don't know what it's for...

means a friend is online, if you're talking about what i think you are

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Duderz said:

it means you have a tumor

sorry

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
PezRadar said:
good match error2k4
man, when I beat ya in the first race I was like shit I have a chance, then came the second race, then third... by the fourth I was like fuck it better hope for a tie. :lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Shinoobi, added you. Spiffy, I'll add you when next I play. Demi, thanks for the sort. By doing that, you may have noticed a duplicate entry (DF Totoro), can you please remove it?

55 people in my friend list, and I'm lucky if I can connect to ONE of them after 5 minutes of searching. And I've got that blue icon notifying me that a Friend is currently online on CONSTANTLY. :lol

Still loving the game.

I think I figured out why I could never get good at the MK games, and why I consequently always avoided playing.

I was in the shitter just now, enjoying another good single player session of Mario Kart Dual Shitting, when I realized the whole drift turn/blue spark/orange spark thing. Ok, so the blue sparks seem worthless. But if I start a drift turn early enough and "charge" the sparks until they turn orange, by the time I'm passing the turn, if I time it and right and let go of R, bam, I shoot off past the turn with a nice mini boost.

Before, I always tried to do the mini boost in the straight-aways... which is of course almost impossible on all but the widest of courses, since you'll instantly start sliding into the first direction you hit... usually into a wall!

Now I'm starting to understand some of the underlying fun and challenge of the game. Really makes it totally necessary to memorize the courses... something I found unnecessary when I tried playing without the mini-boost. Perhaps I'll be able to start improving my record now.

Top Bottom