• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
i added brandon f trying to add Justin my list is full this people haven't add me yet

Teddman
Kiryogi
Julls
tedtropy
Crisikre

edit: I made room for Justin Bailey so add me.

Thanks for the advice Teddman... somehow, with the settings I got errors with, I just connected and had my first matchup! 1 win! This rocks!

I'll be checking the forums you mentioned to be sure that I have optimal settings! Thanks!

Brandon F said:
Got my dongle installed and now have a friend code ready to do battle.

459621-129107

Add me please everybody. :)

Added Brandon, Justin and Matlock. Still waiting on Akia and Teddman, need some good races. Bloody addictive stuff.

Mine

Theres a chatroom made dedicated for setting up matches that could use some business.

#MarioKartDS on Esper.net Great way to trade friend codes and chat with others. Mostly to just stick with the main topic: Mario Kart DS Online Play

and hey, chat about other things too, why not?

littlewig

Banned
Matlock said:
Added everyone who added me--

And Littlewig is a huge drop bitch.

Sup, guy? Can't win with ROB? So sorry!

:p

Talking trash? hahaha, I got disconnect from the phone ringing. I was already beating you, and you only got lucky in the second race from the star. :lol

I'l rematch you.

Edit - What my record anyway?

Teddman

borghe said:
as a reminder.. don't blame nintendo for the DS not working with your router. That is the way wifi goes...
I don't blame them for that, but I do think they could be more on the ball with their wifi site's router ratings. A lot of the ones that are rated five-star compatible have issues, and some of the ones rating "not compatible" work just fine.

Deku

Banned
borghe said:
as a reminder.. don't blame nintendo for the DS not working with your router. That is the way wifi goes. The netgear wgr614 I had NEVER played nice with the wife's Dell Inspiron 9200... the linksys wrt54g that replaced it works like a champ. I am sure someone out there is having a bitch of a time with the linksys and someone else has a netgear v6 that has been working flawlessly.

I suspect DS would be many people's first wifi gear. If anyone has setup wifi equipment before, the DS is no different.

---------

In anycase is Mario Kart sold out in canada? I cannot not find it anywhere in stores at all. I found it finally in Zellers, where I assume most gamers forget to look.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Deku said:
I suspect DS would be many people's first wifi gear. If anyone has setup wifi equipment before, the DS is no different.

---------

In anycase is Mario Kart sold out in canada? I cannot not find it anywhere in stores at all. I found it finally in Zellers, where I assume most gamers forget to look.

My local walmart has about two stacks of Mario Karts on the 16th. Probably sold out in specialty stores though.

okay, so I've tied my DS id to my My Nintendo id.

You can't change your screenname, but you can change your username. I noticed on demi's wifi page that people have posted their WFC username?

What is a WFC username?
Is it your My Nintendo username (which can be changed)
Is it your screenname (which can't be changed)
Or is it your game specific name? (which can be changed)

I'm sorry, this has probably already been covered a thousand times, but I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!

Deku

Banned
Gaia Theory said:
okay, so I've tied my DS id to my My Nintendo id.

You can't change your screenname, but you can change your username. I noticed on demi's wifi page that people have posted their WFC username?

What is a WFC username?
Is it your My Nintendo username (which can be changed)
Is it your screenname (which can't be changed)
Or is it your game specific name? (which can be changed)

I'm sorry, this has probably already been covered a thousand times, but I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!

You can change your wifi username. its under the edit menu. This name and the friendcode is game specific. But if you've registered with DS with nintendowifi, that is machine specific, not game specific and once you log in the nintendowifi server will grab your DS name (not from MK) and you'll see it displayed when you check how many times you've connected to the network.

Deku said:
You can change your wifi username. its under the edit menu. This name and the friendcode is game specific. But if you've registered with DS with nintendowifi, that is machine specific, not game specific and once you log in the nintendowifi server will grab your DS name (not from MK) and you'll see it displayed when you check how many times you've connected to the network.
Cool. Thanks.

So my My Nintendo stuff is only web-based and has nothing to do with what people see when I play wifi?

Good!

Error

So I was reading the manual and ShyGuy is only available through download play... what? that's pretty stupid.

fuck it I'm playing online.

Akia

haha I just searched Rivals and I got matched up agaisnt 2 other guys. One of them was named GodShells his record was 110-120ish wins and Losses 14. I just owned him 3-1. This just shows how much the GAFers who play MkDS here rock. Just by playing with y'all I get the skills to beat some PezRadar level guy.

Thanks GAF

koam

God that sucks. I was doing a worldwide match. I had won the first three races and i was in the lead in the last race (second lap). THE THREE PEOPLE LEFT. I just lost 3 wins :/

fse

koam said:
God that sucks. I was doing a worldwide match. I had won the first three races and i was in the lead in the last race (second lap). THE THREE PEOPLE LEFT. I just lost 3 wins :/

I hate when people quit. I suck anyways though. :|
Plus, recently spotted a phalic avatar... disturbing.

Error

koam said:
this is why I don't play regional or worldwide matches people are fucking pussies, I rather play against gaffers which don't drop out of races.

I right now have 34 wins and 12 losses online. I never quit games, so if you're interested in a fair rival, add me already.

Give me your code, and I'll add you to my list, just show me interest. I'm sick of 4 people dropping to 2 by the last race, and I'm just looking for good sports.

Matlock, I added you.

Teddman

koam said:
Don't you get the wins in this case?

Akia

Gorgie said:
I right now have 34 wins and 12 losses online. I never quit games, so if you're interested in a fair rival, add me already.

Give me your code, and I'll add you to my list, just show me interest. I'm sick of 4 people dropping to 2 by the last race, and I'm just looking for good sports.

Matlock, I added you.

I'm going to add you now. Add me:

Akia:

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
That's me. My first time online, didn't even realize we were gonna race until I heard some funny noises on my DS from across the room. It was searching for a friend match the whole time, hence the reason I was stuck with Mario and default cart.

Couple of the races were close, especially the last one. Big comeback you had on RR though.

Top Bottom