• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

Matlock

Banned
Brandon F said:
That's me. My first time online, didn't even realize we were gonna race until I heard some funny noises on my DS from across the room.

I was wondering that. You need to work on your boosting, that much I know--and TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SHORTCUTS. Seriously, if I didn't go off-course in DK Pass after that ramp, I woulda smoked you so badly. :lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
wtf!? so I was playing rivals against this person 45-20 was his record I won the first two and he drops out of the race what a fucking pussy. Nintendo really drop the ball with that shit, sure he gets the lost but what about my win? >:[

I'll stick with playing against gaffers only.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Yea, I've been playing way more Sonic Rush, so I don't have the feel of the tracks or boosting down yet. I did notice you suddenly dissapear behind me in DK Pass only to re-emerge leagues ahead. Where is that shortcut?

Error

Brandon F said:
Yea, I've been playing way more Sonic Rush, so I don't have the feel of the tracks or boosting down yet. I did notice you suddenly dissapear behind me in DK Pass only to re-emerge leagues ahead. Where is that shortcut?
there is one on delfino pass but you should only take when you have a item that is inmune to mud, for example mushrooms, stars, ghost. that shortcut is great for cutting distances.

I abuse that shortcut a lot.

Matlock

Banned
Brandon F said:

Just watch to your left in DK Pass, there's a HUGE hill of all snow (note on the map it's bright white). Go up there with Ghost or Star or 3 shrooms and you skip like 7 seconds.

Error2k4 said:
there is one on delfino pass but you should only take when you have a item that is inmune to mud, for example mushrooms, stars, ghost. that shortcut is great for cutting distances.

I abuse that shortcut a lot.

Yeah, the between the buildings shortcut. Great stuff, that.

Error

nice matches Gorgie :lol scared the shit out of me when the ghost tried to steal my triple mushrooms :lol

god damnit, why do they have to change the timing for boost start with every game >.<

anyone have any pointers on how to get the rocket boost at the start of the race, Im looking for more than just "Press A when it say start"

littlewig

Banned
Sorry harker, phone rang and disconnected me. We didn't even get to race. T_T

Edit - for some reason, my phone knocks out my DS connection, but not the internet. Must be the wi-fi of the DS itself.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Suburban Cowboy said:
god damnit, why do they have to change the timing for boost start with every game >.<

anyone have any pointers on how to get the rocket boost at the start of the race, Im looking for more than just "Press A when it say start"

just as the 2 starts to fade away

My green shell hitting you in Wario Statium was pretty damn lucky. It was funny how we kept slingshotting around each other on the 8 track. Those were some intense races.

John Harker

Suburban Cowboy said:
TYVM!

I would have assumed doing such a think would make me spin out, never would have been able to figure it out =P

no prob man

I'm
John Harker

Skitz

Error

Mejilan said:
Network problems persist? Searching amongst my 57 friends for 5 minutes now, and not 1 hookup.
just when I start playing DQVIII you start playing MKDS :lol

I wanna race against you Mejilan.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Only because I played less. Hell, at least I got one race off ya. Thanks for the game... and thanks to the gaming g-ds that my router didn't crap out!

John Harker

Mejilan said:
Only because I played less. Hell, at least I got one race off ya. Thanks for the game... and thanks to the gaming g-ds that my router didn't crap out!

Yea, it was a good match!

hmm, i wanted to play again

apparantly MY connection kicked me off
first time that happend - that sucked!

Mejilan

One of my offline friends (Jay) just showed up in my game! Rock! And Carolino too! 3 man race! Good luck!

Sorry John. Had to go offline and try to reconnect to a friend going to McDs for me!

Error

Matlock said:
:lol

Yeah, lucky you didn't get a "phone call," dropper.

is he on dial up? :O

phone calls shouldn't matter with a DSL or cable connection.

littlewig

Banned
Error2k4 said:

is he on dial up? :O

phone calls shouldn't matter with a DSL or cable connection.

I have DSL, for some reason when the phone rings, it messes up my DS, and not the router itself. I don't know why, but it does.

Akia

maynerd said:
Damn you akia! Nice race!

Great match.

I wanted a rematch though. You caught me off guard in the first race, and in the second I hit all my own fake-item boxes. But I'm fine with a tie.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
littlewig said:
I have DSL, for some reason when the phone rings, it messes up my DS, and not the router itself. I don't know why, but it does.

Is your phone cordless? maybe there's wireless interference or something.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
littlewig said:
Is it a cordless phone? If so, try to change your wireless channel.

Matlock

Banned
littlewig said:

The dropping combined with the 20-0 record you came in with is a bit convenient, imo.

John Harker

So, anyone have any idea how succesful Wi Fi Connection is at this point?

How many players are playing online?

I mean, I've had NO PROBLEM at all with the actual service and it working properly.

'cept the damn website, and all the stats boxes always just being black!
is that broken?

Mejilan

Stat boxes work for me in IE, not Firefox. G-ddamn, just dropped out again.

Today, at least, I've been able to connect with 2 other friends at once, instead of just 1. I take that as a sign of improvement.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Worldwide is the only place I can get more the 2 people, Regional always brings one and friends I'll be lucky if I get one.

littlewig

Banned
VOOK said:
Worldwide is the only place I can get more the 2 people, Regional always brings one and friends I'll be lucky if I get one.

Same here, I have yet to race with more than one friend. I've only raced once in a 4 way match, and that was worldwide. Two of the people dropped before we reached the end of the GP.

John Harker

Well, to race with more than 1 friend, wouldnt ALL players need to have eachother on their friend lists?

I mean, for example, if I have VOOK on my list and not Meij, but VOOK has Meij on his friend list, it'll only put VOOK and I together and not connect Meij?

So the only way to gaurantee yourself 4 players is to make sure EVERYONE is interconnected with friends.

its the ciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiircle of liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife

Mejilan

Akia, I do apologize. I am not so intimidated by your record that I'd drop like that. Hell, all of my drops (not THAT many) are router related. My signal occasionally drops to NOTHING and I get a 51300 error in WFC. Or 50099. I've tried going from static IP to automatic, and back again, and I can't seem to "fix" whatever the issue is. It only seems to effect the wifi, since my internet (pc wired directly to wifi router) never drops out. So it isn't the service. I may just buy a new router.

Jay is a "real life" (not a GAFfer) friend of mine who just got the game, called me up, and headed over to the nearest McDonald's near his home (we live in different states) in order to play with me. This was our first time playing together.

I have 12 good races with him before the dropping out died. 8 of those were with Carolino, but I think he dropped in the middle of our 2nd set of 4 races.

Perhaps next time.

Edit - Looks like we posted simultaneously, Akia. And yes, Jay is on my friend list. No one else on GAF would have him on their friend list, because he isn't a GAFfer.

Top Bottom