• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

WordofGod

Banned
olimario said:
And can we pretty much agree about how great this is? Online is horribly flawed and yet it's a total blast that I can see myself playing for AGES.

The only flaw with the online mode is that there is a limit as to how many players can race each other. The minimum should have been between 8 and max should have been 12 players.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
zink120 said:
Nice game everyone

I have add you julls

cool, same :)

edit - i still haven't managed to get any friends matches going.. the little blue icon thing comes up but never finds anyone when i am searching in 'friends' mode :(

maynerd

Banned
julls said:
cool, same :)

edit - i still haven't managed to get any friends matches going.. the little blue icon thing comes up but never finds anyone when i am searching in 'friends' mode :(

Have you gone into your friends menu and confirmed that both you and your friend have added eachother?

littlewig

Banned
This game is starting to tick me off.

What is the point of being a good racer when you're just going to lose any at the last second because the other guy gets a blue shell. -_-

I can be miles ahead of the other person, but then comes a onslaught of red/blue shells, and I lose.

polg

littlewig said:
This game is starting to tick me off.

What is the point of being a good racer when you're just going to lose any at the last second because the other guy gets a blue shell. -_-

I can be miles ahead of the other person, but then comes a onslaught of red/blue shells, and I lose.

i know... but also you can win because of that... I think the game is part skills part luck... which makes it more random and fun...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If you can get far ahead enough of your opponents, even after being hit by a blue shell (or perhaps even two blue shells), none of your opponents will be within sight of you on the map screen. :)

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
finally got a friends match going with shinoobi! good one too :)

maynerd - nearly all my firends have stats next to them in the friends roster - some have 'pls check for accuracy' on them (only 1 or 2 have that) is that what you mean? shinoobi worked and he has stats.. i assume if they are there, i've been added to that particular person's roster?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm switching between this game, Sonic Rush and DQVIII holy shit so many games :O

btw online and searching.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha..I was shitting bullets on those last couple of seconds Shinobi :D

maynerd

Banned
julls said:
finally got a friends match going with shinoobi! good one too :)

maynerd - nearly all my firends have stats next to them in the friends roster - some have 'pls check for accuracy' on them (only 1 or 2 have that) is that what you mean? shinoobi worked and he has stats.. i assume if they are there, i've been added to that particular person's roster?

Yeah that's what I meant. You should lock them too.

Error

koam said:
Error2K, awesome matches. They were all REALLY close. I barely saw you ahead of me in baby park
:lol I thought I was gonna lose there... great game.

Theres this really bad powerslide exploit I discovered.

Basically you need a heavyweight car, my choice is one of ROB's cars (Either the legs or the pod things) and if the track is wide enough, start a powerslide, then power slide the other direction, but you have to do it as quick as you can, otherwise you turn into the wall, or whap to the wall you're facing against.

-james-

polg-

great game. I hear you on the thumbs hurting. Ive been playing all day. Time for some asprin. Back in a few :)

Its so much better playing with you guys and not haing people disconnect all the time...

BRB..

Error

Bartman3010 said:
Theres this really bad powerslide exploit I discovered.

Basically you need a heavyweight car, my choice is one of ROB's cars (Either the legs or the pod things) and if the track is wide enough, start a powerslide, then power slide the other direction, but you have to do it as quick as you can, otherwise you turn into the wall, or whap to the wall you're facing against.
what? didn't understand... so say I have donkey kong which is good at drifting what next?

Akia

how did you win the last match pez? i was ahead of you. 3-1 again until next time mate. but i wish you would've stayed for a rematch.

Error

Holy fuck at toad's acceleration it's actually better than Yoshi :O and he is better than Yoshi at taking sharp turns (see my time in baby park in the time trials thread) I'm gonna try him in a few matches online.

i have company over.. im racing with them here.. feels kinda rude

I never hit continue anyways..

And I won the last match by out drifting you on the last two turns

Also got a redshell for safe keeping :)

Oh and 2 baby parks in 4 matches is so fkin boring.. christ get some variation in tracks people..

Top Bottom