• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

mrkgoo

Akia said:
i wish we had a chat room so we could discuss our online matches. then we could've left this thread to discuss other things. but since we don't you should start another thread.

spencerr said:
Naw, I'm pretty sure this could fit in the official topic.
Haha, I figured as much :lol

Oh well, can't say I didn't try :p

littlewig

Banned
Question:

Is it possible for Nintendo to add more tracks to the online mode by simply updating their servers? We already have the tracks on the DS, all they need to do is make them able to run on the servers.

Thinking along these lines, Nintendo could offer battle mode online sometime in the future without the users needing to download anything. Is this possible or do we have to download a patch?

Good matches Oxymoron, can't believe the first two races. You hit me on the last lap with a blue shell, only for me to do the same thing, twice in a row as well. Madness. :)

Oxymoron

Chibbi Brady said:
Good matches Oxymoron, can't believe the first two races. You hit me on the last lap with a blue shell, only for me to do the same thing, twice in a row as well. Madness. :)
Ya, that made me a bit unhappy. What happened on the fourth race, though? The lag was insane.

japtor

added smiles and cries. i want some easy wins.

ive been stuck with 3p games with rummy bunnz and bobbyconover lately. add all of us i guess.

Sorry for not looking through this HUGE thread, but has anyone had difficulty linking their DS with the Nintendo WiFi website? I follow the instructions exactly with no luck.

methodman

Banned
anyone playing now? FC:

Btw, great games earlier error. was ironic that two of the times we lost, even though we had 3 mushrooms we ended up hitting bananas before the finish line :lol

zink120

methodman said:
anyone playing now? FC:

Btw, great games earlier error. was ironic that two of the times we lost, even though we had 3 mushrooms we ended up hitting bananas before the finish line :lol

If you want to play :

just reply

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
methodman said:
anyone playing now? FC:

yeah that was intense, hopefully I can race against you tonight.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
ARGH! Nintendo needs to put in a disconnect stat so the sissies that disconnect while they're losing can be pointed out. Stupid worldwide matches!

-james-

BorkBork said:
ARGH! Nintendo needs to put in a disconnect stat so the sissies that disconnect while they're losing can be pointed out. Stupid worldwide matches!

I fully agree! I was playing regional and was handing some people a sound wooping and they drop out one by one. Should count as a loss, or even as a dropout or something.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
-james- said:
I fully agree! I was playing regional and was handing some people a sound wooping and they drop out one by one. Should count as a loss, or even as a dropout or something.

It does count as a loss I believe, but people that are already losing going into the last race have no incentive right now to play because they're already taking the loss. So I say there should be another seperate stat for looking at players who disconnect often.

PkunkFury

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that when people disconnect they get a loss for each person they are playing, and the people who didn't drop each get a win off of the disconnecter.

i.e. if you are racing four player, at the end of the four match set you get a win for each person you are ranked ahead of and a lose for each person you are ranked behind. If you disconnect, you are automatically ranked at the bottom, meaning you get a loss from everyone playing, and each of them gain a win off of you. This makes disconnecting a *really* bad idea if you are playing for a score. Even if you can't make first, it is worth it to try to get second or third, as you will still add wins and prevent losses. Disconnecting from a four-man race is an automatic 3 losses, which is painful.

As long as you are playing with more than one person I think you always have a chance of gaining a place on the last race, so really you should never disconnect. Plus, if you disconnect just cause you can't win for the last race, it takes longer to reset the game and connect online again than it does to just finish the race. In short, disconnecting is pretty dumb

WordofGod

Banned
Me: JESUSAVES

My wife: JesusLord

Let's get a couple of people from GAF playing @ the same time. Lets say in 11 minutes (5:30pm) everyone try to search for each other in friends.

WordofGod

Banned
zink120 said:
You play realy well !!!
and I was very bad lucky some time :(

Thank you. You play well to. I need to practice more. This is only my second day with the game and my thumb is already hurting from the power slide boost. :lol

ksinghsf

Cheebs said:
Someone add me. :(

Mine is

Reply if you do so I can add you.

Done. Also added:
polg
JESUSAVES
JesusLord
zink120
-james-

mine is ksinghsf:

anyone who adds me, let me know so I can do likewise.

Edit: added olimario

olimario

Banned
Can somebody who plays often tell me if they've added me so I can add them. I don't see friends online very often.

And can we pretty much agree about how great this is? Online is horribly flawed and yet it's a total blast that I can see myself playing for AGES.

WordofGod

Banned
I will add you as soon as my game is over. my wife has you added already.

Me: JESUSAVES

My wife: JesusLord

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
olimario said:
Can somebody who plays often tell me if they've added me so I can add them. I don't see friends online very often.

And can we pretty much agree about how great this is? Online is horribly flawed and yet it's a total blast that I can see myself playing for AGES.
I'm searching too and can't find anybody also it keeps disconnecting me.

Top Bottom