• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
:lol what are the chances I bumped into olimario in a worldwide match? Good race :) added you to my friend's list as well.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
bobbyconover said:
It's just a reaction to Nintendo's somewhat idiotic system of distributing the items. It's really not fun to completely dominate a race, knowing full well that you'll never get anything other than green shells and banana peels to protect yourself with, and knowing that you'll almost certainly get hit by multiple blue and red shells as punishment for being in first place. I think the most I've been hit by is 4 blues and 2 reds in a single race. It's at its worst when one player is in the lead, one is not far behind, and one is very far behind. What usually ends up happening is the last-place player hammers the first-place player with a blue shell at the last second and the safe second-place player coasts into the lead for a win.

Of course, none of this would be a problem if we were able to customize our games in the slightest. I'd give anything to be able to race with no items, or at the very least no blue shells.

Weird -- I've rarely seen more than a single blue shell in a game. Most matches I've played have one blue shell appear at some point, and that seems balanced enough.

DavidDayton said:
Weird -- I've rarely seen more than a single blue shell in a game. Most matches I've played have one blue shell appear at some point, and that seems balanced enough.

Well I know your choice of car makes a huge difference. If you use a car with a full "Item" bar, you'll get far more blues, bullet bills, and stars when in last place than if you use one with a smaller bar. It's possible that I just race against people whose cars higher than average item stats (since 90% of my races have been against the same 3-4 people), but I'm not really sure.. I honestly haven't paid a lot of attention to which cars they use.

Akia

Error2k4 said:
akia you there? how about your rematches?

oh man, sorry Error. I was at Best Buy last night. the x360 launch is getting to me. I got LAUNCH FEVER. I'll be here for matches today though.

-james-

I tried searching for you guys last night and found no one. The icon didnt show up at all when i was on worldwide. Anyone else have problems last night? It worked fine for me the night before. I'll be on again tonight!

Also, did you guys forward any ports in your routers? according to nintendowifi.com:

TCP: Allow traffic to all destinations on ports: 28910,29900,29901, and 29920
UDP: Allow all traffic to all destinations. (Necessary for peer-to-peer connections and game play)

I havent and was still able to connect, i was wondering if this would speed up the searching, but i am not opening all UDP, thats stupid. i think TCP and UDP for ports 28910,29900,29901 and 29920 would probably be enough...

Drakken said:
I have a new decal based on this. It took a long while to make, but it was worth it. :)

For those who haven't added me yet:

Added you. HOLLAH BACK 369426 737034

Me, Callous and ksing are playing right now. Add them too.

S|kH

Anyone want to play RIGHT now?

Say Yes, put your friend code...and then add me, and say you added me.

Let's get four people to exchange each others friend codes and play a few rounds.

S|kH

I added you Gazunta, demi, and drakken.

Please add me...and lets play 4 player!

demi

I would play but I'm having yet more troubles with this

You would think ICS would be a snap, but noooooooooooo

edit

I got it working! Huzzah

Now to add my precious Gazunta

S|kH said:
Anyone want to play RIGHT now?

Say Yes, put your friend code...and then add me, and say you added me.

Let's get four people to exchange each others friend codes and play a few rounds.

S|kH

Added you. Let's play RIGHT NOW. PREPARE TO TASTE BITTER DEFEAT.

(qt / 369426 737034)

Edit: Added Gazunta as well.

Gazunta

I dont think my router is on nintendo's list, but the Motorola SGB900 works like a charm. It was so amazingly easy!

BUT WHERE THE HELL IS NINTENDO AUSTRALIA'S WIFI SITE?????

edit: im on the waiting for opponents screen now

S|kH

Gazunta...the icon is blinking blue,

I'm in the friends room searching but its not picking you up?

How else do i accept an invite?

qt, i added you and am in the friends room waiting for opponents.
Gazunta, get in there too!

Gazunta

Do i have to register on nintendo's site first or something? im still searching...

last night i got a regional match working just fine, so its not my router...

demi

You know this isn't very fun when the opponent has a better car

I gave up in the last match Drakken, wasn't worth the hassle

demi

quailtamer said:
It has nothing to do with who's driving what. I've not lost a match to a GAFer yet and I just use Wario and his usual boat.

Um yes it does

I was racing Drakken and his Yoshi was already done with his first lap when I wasn't even half way done with it with regular Mario

I doubt his "skills" came into play on Figure 8

He had a better car

S|kH

you used waluigi when you played me :(

i dont even have him unlocked yet lol...spoiler!

everyone, friends room...search!

I'll just pick Luigi from now on. It really doesn't matter! It's all about the boost slides on every turn, two in the big turns. Then it's all about sitting back and letting the big money roll in.

Drakken

Thanks, Shamrock. I thought I might tie you. One of these days... :p

demi, Figure 8 is really easy to boost on. That's why I beat you. Boosting is critical.

Searching again.

S|kH

whose Druieface?

that last snes mario circuit 1 was great...both effected by the blue shell lol

whose still searching?

Top Bottom