• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

Matlock

Banned
Woo, just unlocked everything--shoulda stopped at ROB, though, since it takes forever to find Cucumber for Dry Bones now. :lol

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Matlock said:
Woo, just unlocked everything--shoulda stopped at ROB, though, since it takes forever to find Cucumber for Dry Bones now. :lol

there's someone to unlock after ROB?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
oh, I thought I got that before ROB, maybe I'm remembering out of order.

Matlock

Banned
bobbyconover said:
You can unlock the ability to use every kart with every character.

37 karts in all...too bad, too, since it used to take me two taps to the left to select Cucumber. Now it's something like 21 out of 37. :|

re: levious--

Mirror:
ROB = Nitro
All karts = Retro

7 Karts is a lot earlier, tho.

Gazunta

Great match. Callous :) I got owned by your use of the fake power up boxes...and owned myself on the third race, just before the finish line of the 3rd lap i hit you with a blew shell...and then ran into the explosion myself so you won anyway :)

Last night I selected 'worldwide' and ended up having a race with GAF's own Rlan, which was cool :)

And again I repeat...WHERE IS NINTENDO AUSTRALIA'S WFC PAGE?!?!

callous

Hahaha, so that's what happened. I wondered why I was allowed to win even after being owned by the blue shell inches from the finish line. Good stuff. It was fun :)

PkunkFury

Smiles and Cries said:
any good faqs out for how to get new karts?

I need some faster kart before I get online again my record is 3-18 :(

To get the first set of new karts (one per character) I think you need a gold on 100cc Retro (that is to say, get a gold on each of the four cups), the second set is a gold on 150cc Nitro(each character can use seven) and the final set is a gold on mirror Nitro (each character can use any kart).

( I may have some Nitros/Retros mixed up :( )

To be honest, many of the best karts are unlocked when you start, so you really don't need new karts, you just need more practice. Playing through all of the GPs and mission modes should help; try a few time trials on your favorite courses to learn how the pros race, and play more online races (but pay attention to what the winners are doing). My record was a terrible 8-20 or something, but after playing through all of the GPs and finally playing some of the GAFers I've picked up some new tips and I'm now 43-33, it took a while to put on the wins, but I haven't lost to anyone outside of GAF in a while

PkunkFury

Congrats! and keep practicing :)

One thing I forgot to mention is, make sure you understand the power slide, it was the key to turning my defeats into victories. If you aren't so good with power sliding yet, practice it on time trial or in the power sliding missions. I think Peach or Daisy have the karts that are best for Power sliding (since they have a high drift) but any kart with good handling (Yoshi, Mario, Luigi, Toad) should also be a great kart to practice powersliding on.

Add me if you want to play sometime:

PkFury

I'm not on now but I'll be on and off this week cuz of break

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hey guys!

Sorry, been busy lately.

Whose up for a good one?

I changed my tag name

Harker

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
John Harker said:
two ties in a row?? hahah

what happend to you that last race, did you fall off on purpose?
mom said something to me :lol I didn't put attention to the game last I know I was being rescued by a lakitu(sp?)

John Harker

Error2k4 said:
mom said something to me :lol I didn't put attention to the game last I know I was being rescued by a lakitu(sp?)

we are having some crazy close matches man :)

John Harker

Error2k4 said:

we tied 4 games and you quit???

whhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyy

Teddman

I just added a ton of people in this thread who had added me. Basically, if you mentioned my name in this thread I added you... I'll be trying to get some games in over the Thanksgiving break!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Gazunta said:
No, I mean the one that doesn't say "Stay tuned - the full Nintendowifi.com.au site is coming soon!"

I want to register my DS and get my name online dagnabbit.

Who said we're even getting one like that... Na I kid we are I was told this week but I dont expect it till next week to be honest.

Alright, I'm on! Play with me! I'm pretty good at the DD courses, but I haven't seen more than three of the GBA courses.

Manabanana

Matlock

Banned
Me, bobbyconover, and Rummy Bunz went down to a tie at the end of the third round...Great driving all around, items really made it, tho.

Fourth round, Bunz ran away with it.

Ninja Dom

This thread seems to have almost crawled to a halt since being moved to the ONLINE section.

Mods: Any chance of moving back to the Main Gaming Page as its the Euro release on Friday 25th and it seems like many people won't be able to find this thread where it currently is???

Ninja Dom said:
This thread seems to have almost crawled to a halt since being moved to the ONLINE section.

I was gonna post the same thing. This sucks, especially since we've been discussing the game plenty alongside the match-ups.

kiryogi

Banned
bobbyconover said:
I was gonna post the same thing. This sucks, especially since we've been discussing the game plenty alongside the match-ups.

Post about it on the gaming forum! Sorry I haven't been online tonight on a side note XD I was tied up until midnight with decorating my workplace.

callous

Ninja Dom said:

Mods: Any chance of moving back to the Main Gaming Page as its the Euro release on Friday 25th and it seems like many people won't be able to find this thread where it currently is???

I strongheartedly third this motion.

Also, Manabanana, I've added you, add me back. Also also, Smiles and Cries, add me already! I added you ages ago. I'm starting to think you don't like me.

Callous
047304 430802

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
HAPPY MARIO KART DAY, EUROPPEAN GAFFERS!

eloist

Who's still playing so that I know whom to add, the list is huge -_-

Added everyone from germany so far +
bobbyconvr
callous
mananbanana
matlock
Oni Link 666

Please have your secretaries add me to your list so that we can schedule some matches ;)

elostyle said:
HAPPY MARIO KART DAY, EUROPPEAN GAFFERS!

eloist

Who's still playing so that I know whom to add, the list is huge -_-

Added everyone from germany so far +
bobbyconvr
callous
mananbanana
matlock
Oni Link 666

Please have your secretaries add me to your list so that we can schedule some matches ;)

add me!

Top Bottom