• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Done.

2 questions: Are the nickname case sensitive? I have a different name set in the game and in my DS, which one is my WFC name?

I've just been adding the people who seem to be playing going by the couple of threads here or people who were recently added to Demi's site.

swordian
matlock
rummy bunz
elostyle
shamrock
airbrian
callous
bobbyconvr
error2k
teddman
johnharker
drakken
demi
xarien
rabid wolverine
manabanana
kiryogi

Let me know yif you want me to add you too.

your DS name and WFC name can be different. It doesn't matter though. They don't need to put your correct name in when adding you, just your Friend Code. The name will be corrected when they log onto NWFC

Yep I enjoy them too. Curse you and your Figure 8 though. :)

I kept getting a friend signal so I tried to do a search after our games hoping to rope more people in. I enjoy 1 on 1 but it's gets better with each person added. I'll be back again in a while for a rematch.

PkunkFury

It may be because of my parents' firewall, I should check into that. Things worked from my apartment fine all week. I am able to get worldwide connections just fine though

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Just got the game today, don't really know the advantages yet.

At least in super mario kart, the big guys were the best :)

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Oh christ, did I get schooled or what. Thanks for letting me win the last one though :p

That yoshi egg doesn't seem to be that good of a vehicle.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I hate the stupid "blow into the mic" crap for balloon battle... it totally ruins battle mode for me. :( 90% of the time I blow into the mic and nothing happens... I end up blowing for like the whole match then I have a headache. :( Anyone else having the same problem?

Sunski

Mine has been dispatched from Amazon! Delivery estimate 29th of November though sadly! Here is hoping Royal Mail surprise me!!! :D

MrCheez said:
I hate the stupid "blow into the mic" crap for balloon battle... it totally ruins battle mode for me. :( 90% of the time I blow into the mic and nothing happens... I end up blowing for like the whole match then I have a headache. :( Anyone else having the same problem?

Only blow when your kart is not moving.

Not a typo, had to disconnect just after. A friend of mine is deciding whether to buy a DS or PSP and asked for the DS for a few hours. It'll show up when I reconnect in a bit, hopefully we can get some good games going with a few of us.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Chibbi Brady said:
Not a typo, had to disconnect just after. A friend of mine is deciding whether to buy a DS or PSP and asked for the DS for a few hours. It'll show up when I reconnect in a bit, hopefully we can get some good games going with a few of us.
Great :)

I'm not worried, the game releases in europe tomorrow official so I bet there will be plenty of new players coming in. If this topic hasn't been forgotten already :-/

Shamrock7r said:
What is everybody's record so far?

For me it is:

WFC total: 114-19

against GAF players: 29-5

WFC Total: 50-6

I'm not sure against GAF players, I believe it's about 15-1. How did you count your GAF games?

Edit: I'll be friend searching for 5 minutes (Friend code: 369426 737034), if I don't get a hit I'm playing Regional.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Ok, I think being not too good at the game really helps my online experience. When going worldwide games I get 4 player matches all the time and the skill matching is great. People rarely drop at all because usually they have a bad record anyways ;)

quailtamer said:
WFC Total: 50-6

I'm not sure against GAF players, I believe it's about 15-1. How did you count your GAF games?

Edit: I'll be friend searching for 5 minutes (Friend code: 369426 737034), if I don't get a hit I'm playing Regional.

I just added all the friend stats together. Hey I don't believe we have added each other. Care to?

Doing a little cleaning up of the friends list here, and none of the following people have added me yet:

Mihail
PezRadar
Teddman
PGCJonny
AirBrain
Manabanana
jamesgf
Gazunta
evilromero
demi
JesusLord
jasonsider
unclescrog
imp
catalyst
kobun

If any of you want to sign me up, now's the time.. I'm gonna delete all the non-friends in a day or so!

callous

elostyle said:
Ok, I think being not too good at the game really helps my online experience. When going worldwide games I get 4 player matches all the time and the skill matching is great. People rarely drop at all because usually they have a bad record anyways ;)

You get losses for dropping. In my experience, the ones that have bad records are the worst droppers. They don't care about their records so they just drop. I've several times had people with like 2-45 records or something wait all the way through to the game starting and then drop after 30 seconds of the first race. Wtf?

GG Gibbon and Earl. If you were wondering about me on Delfino, my grandparents were leaving so we had to say our goodbyes and I couldn't focus on the game. Worked out in the end ok though :)

Edit: Whoever the hell Cheebo is. The next time we play and you leave or are afk I am taking you off my list.

Sorry mate but you were playing my sister, she mentioned that someone just stopped. Don't think she minded too much though, got here a few points. ;)

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Shamrock7r said:
Hey Matlock, add me man
05_main.jpg

Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it.

couldn't find the right picture

Gazunta

bobbyconover said:
Doing a little cleaning up of the friends list here, and none of the following people have added me yet:

Gazunta

If any of you want to sign me up, now's the time.. I'm gonna delete all the non-friends in a day or so!

Added! :) Sorry for the delay.

Everyone - mine is 541225 715002 - pm me if you added me!

One thing I'm not clear on though - let's say Bobby wants to have a race and his DS sees me. But his DS also sees MAF or whoever and MAF isn't on my list - does that mean all three of us can't play? Do all players need to be on all each other's respective friends list to play?

Top Bottom