• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Doytch

Mrbob said:
Doytch I probably won't be available till around 10 or 11 cst tonight. I added you on aim so I'll send you a message when I can play.
I could probably get one in if we start at 11est, but not too much later cause I gotta wake up early for work tomorrow.

Oh, and I don't have AIM. I'll be around here though so just post when you're good.

Doytch

The Frankman said:
Chris Bosh was supposed to resign in Toronto. Funny how things work out...
If you had to watch him for god-knows-how-long, you'd know why I didn't even want him to stay.

BigAT

Want to finish up Frank? My friend is getting married this weekend and I'm in the wedding party, so I'm not sure what my availability is going to be like.

Mrbob

I finally scored a run in the game. Shut out for two games and then one run in the bottom 9th. :lol

The first game your pitcher just shut me down. The second game I had so many opportunities and couldn't capitalize. Couldn't get hits in key situations and some bad luck on some rocket shots off the bat. I smashed like 10 line drives in the outfield that game which went right to an outfielder. GGs hopefully I can salvage game three!

LJ11

Good couple of games Pete. Fucked up big time with Matusz, love using him too. Wanted to work the outside corner but I could never get his change where I wanted it. Stubborn too, because I kept going back to it.

Lots of warning track power, but nothing until the 8th went over the fence.

LiveWire

eznark said:
Fuck that was tense. Nice 16K, complete game shutout performance for Yo to start the season.

Yea, gg. Sucks that it basically came down to the overthrow from Pudge to give you a runner on 3rd in a 0-0 game. The scoreboard called it a wild pitch which it wasn't, it just sat at his feet, and then he guns it to centerfield and that wasn't considered an error? Strange. I had a feeling I should've just sat Lannan after the 6th, but aside from the single to drive in the only run of the game, he was pretty lights out himself(12Ks I think). Just couldn't get the bats going enough or string the hits together--though had I just reacted a half-second faster Morgan would have put that left field bomb inside the pole. :/

Now watch us explode in games 2 and 3 for 20+ runs. :lol

BigAT

GG and good series Frank. I'm surprised you left Niese in as long as you did, it seemed pretty evident that he was struggling badly.

JambiBum

I'll be around all day tomorrow Dmc. I had planned on playing you right when you asked earlier but stuff just got in the way that I didn't expect. Tomorrow shouldn't be a problem though.

BigAT said:
GG and good series Frank. I'm surprised you left Niese in as long as you did, it seemed pretty evident that he was struggling badly.
Worst effing series ever. Reminiscent of the Opening series vs. Doytch, down to me believing I should've won the first 2 games. And I broke my rule of playing 2 games withing a 2 hour period and played 3 IN THE SPAN OF ONE DAY. Never again...

65012__468x_anime-fansub-failure-005.jpg

eznark

Banned
LiveWire said:
Yea, gg. Sucks that it basically came down to the overthrow from Pudge to give you a runner on 3rd in a 0-0 game. The scoreboard called it a wild pitch which it wasn't, it just sat at his feet, and then he guns it to centerfield and that wasn't considered an error? Strange. I had a feeling I should've just sat Lannan after the 6th, but aside from the single to drive in the only run of the game, he was pretty lights out himself(12Ks I think). Just couldn't get the bats going enough or string the hits together--though had I just reacted a half-second faster Morgan would have put that left field bomb inside the pole. :/

Now watch us explode in games 2 and 3 for 20+ runs. :lol
12 k's is pretty standard for me when I'm trying to watch the actual Brewers game and play...well, its pretty standard for me always.

Gallardo is my only decent pitcher so I am definitely going to need to explode these next two. I wish you had Strassburg, would have liked to see him.

LiveWire

eznark said:
12 k's is pretty standard for me when I'm trying to watch the actual Brewers game and play...well, its pretty standard for me always.

Gallardo is my only decent pitcher so I am definitely going to need to explode these next two. I wish you had Strassburg, would have liked to see him.

Yea I guess I should've clarified...12Ks is pretty lights out--for me. :lol And yea I'd love to have Strasburg too. DAT FASTBALL.

eznark

Banned
LiveWire said:
Yea I guess I should've clarified...12Ks is pretty lights out--for me. :lol And yea I'd love to have Strasburg too. DAT FASTBALL.

Any chance you'd be available between now and 1:30? I don't think I'll have a chance to play late tonight. Can easily get two in Saturday though.

LiveWire

eznark said:
Any chance you'd be available between now and 1:30? I don't think I'll have a chance to play late tonight. Can easily get two in Saturday though.

At work 9-5 weekdays. I'll be around all Sat though to finish out the series.

Doytch

Bob you able to play tonight around same time (after Big Z's return, of course!)? Tomorrow is packed for me, going to the Jays game in the afternoon and then going out at night. I'd probably only be able to play tomorrow around 5-6est.

eznark

Banned
LiveWire said:
At work 9-5 weekdays. I'll be around all Sat though to finish out the series.
I'll let you know about tonight. Yesterday my wife and I announced she is pregnant so her family is having a big get together to celebrate tonight. No idea when I'll be done, but I'm kind of hoping it's not too late (and I'm not too drunk to play).

LiveWire

Hey, congrats! That's great news. :)

No worries then, focus on celebrating tonight, we'll get the games in tomorrow (ideally early in the morning when you're hungover and the strikezone appears to be head-level to you). :D

eznark

Banned
LiveWire said:
Hey, congrats! That's great news. :)

No worries then, focus on celebrating tonight, we'll get the games in tomorrow (ideally early in the morning when you're hungover and the strikezone appears to be head-level to you). :D

I'd actually prefer to get them done early, if you're up for it. I never sleep past 9 or so.

Oh, and thanks a lot!

BigAT

eznark said:
I thought we weren't doing any flex this time around?
LJ11 said:
I'm leaning towards a strict 3 day schedule, auto-resolve will be off so I can grant extensions as needed. Flex scheduling will be limited to 1 week ahead, unless you're going on vacation/away.

That's the only thing I could find on flexing. Was there something I missed?

Mrbob

Doytch said:
Bob you able to play tonight around same time (after Big Z's return, of course!)? Tomorrow is packed for me, going to the Jays game in the afternoon and then going out at night. I'd probably only be able to play tomorrow around 5-6est.

Big night for Chicago sports, but I'll probably be glued to the Blackhawks game. :D That should be over around 10cst, we can finish up our series then!

Mrbob

Doytch you there? I should be able to play in the next half hour. Otherwise we'll have to finish up sometime on sunday.

Doytch

Mrbob said:
Doytch you there? I should be able to play in the next half hour. Otherwise we'll have to finish up sometime on sunday.
Yeah I'm here, just watching Kershaw pitch.

My condolences about Chicago sports tonight :(

Mrbob

Damn Marmol is so hard to control it is like real life. :lol

Two hits batsman (with 2 strikes) both scored on me. Another ball goes in the dirt costs me another run damn too many sloppy plays by me.

eznark

Banned
This is the single most broken game I have ever played. Pretty much every run, for both of us, is bullshit CPU nonsense.

And if that was an infield fly, David Eckstein has never had a hit in his life.

eznark

Banned
Good series. Some weird stuff again, I really wish you could cancel throws. You had a hit to center that I thought I could get to with Weeks so I hit circle, but it got through and since I had hit circle first, I couldn't change it. I wasn't trying to throw your dude out at first.

I am very, very glad that injuries are off. I think I got hit like 10 times this series, and at least three dudes got drilled in the grill. I loved that you were unable to hit Braun despite your best efforts!! I was laughing my ass off.

LiveWire

eznark said:
Good series. Some weird stuff again, I really wish you could cancel throws. You had a hit to center that I thought I could get to with Weeks so I hit circle, but it got through and since I had hit circle first, I couldn't change it. I wasn't trying to throw your dude out at first.

I am very, very glad that injuries are off. I think I got hit like 10 times this series, and at least three dudes got drilled in the grill. I loved that you were unable to hit Braun despite your best efforts!! I was laughing my ass off.

Yea I was so pissed because I was holding triangle to throw to second when you were stealing and then he connects with an easy pop-up, causing my guy to get a late jump and miss the catch to end the inning. I got karma back with the pop-up you missed, but still, it was a huge momentum swing. I just wanted to bean someone. :lol

And effin Zimmerman needs to move his fat ass a little more, down 3rd base line to the wall and he can't score? Ugh. 3 games all 1 run losses. :/

Top Bottom