• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Official MLB 10 GAF League of Sony throwing cock in our face.

Monday, BTW should I delete the BS League now? Also should we make a new one for more slider testing, but with more people?

Rorschach

Put me down for test league. May as well try the custom rosters when you start it too. :p

JambiBum said:
Monday. Hopefully I'll have a spot by then lol
I think rareside said he quits if it starts next week and it looks like that's the plan, so...

rareside

Don't count me out just yet. I'm just annoyed really, excited to start the league. If the thing actually does start on Monday, I'm cool.

Everybody get your practice in.

Mrbob

Madden needs to be over with so I can concentrate fully on MLB. Hurry the week up Rors! :/

Monday is fine with me...lets try to get these rosters as right as possible, although since they are locked in there might be a good chance I won't have Lilly to use for the league. :/ I didn't look it up yet but hopefully the Cubs didn't put him on the 15 day DL.

LJ11

rareside said:
Don't count me out just yet. I'm just annoyed really, excited to start the league. If the thing actually does start on Monday, I'm cool.

Everybody get your practice in.

It's starting Monday, we waited two additional weeks, not the end of the world. Some of the problems with getting it started were not under my control. I'm trying to make this enjoyable for everyone.

Ok guys Test league #2 starts within 1 hour. Somewhat similar slider set to the one in test league #1. Check the game for your invites, can't activate league unless the minimum join! Also, the OS Rosters only work for RTTS/Franchise :C.

EDIT: This will be a 12 team one I think.

Doytch

The Frankman said:
Ok guys Test league #2 starts within 1 hour. Somewhat similar slider set to the one in test league #1. Check the game for your invites, can't activate league unless the minimum join! Also, the OS Rosters lonly work for RTTS/Franchise :C.

EDIT: This will be a 12 team one I think.
Sucks. I'm up for a game around 7, but gonna watch Jays after 8.

Miguel

Do I have to be joined by any point today or can I log in later tonight without affecting those already in the league?

I won't be home til around 8pm tonight (central)

JambiBum

Rorschach said:
Put me down for test league. May as well try the custom rosters when you start it too. :p

I think rareside said he quits if it starts next week and it looks like that's the plan, so...

I know turnbuckle and I would both like it so that would make it an even 24. But if I don't end up getting a spot I'm alright with that.

LJ11

We're going to turn if off, but I'm 95% sure that we can turn it back on at any point. So if people aren't really enjoying it, we can make the necessary change.

Miguel

I like the strike zone off, but I've pretty much Greg Maddux'd my way through my entire video game "baseball career" so I can pretty much pick my spots. I do like that pitches get away from you even if you get everything exactly right occasionally, but for the most part, I can put the pitch where I want it if I don't F around too much. Although, when I fall apart, I really fall apart. (>:| Rors)

Ok just sent out a shitton of invites so check your PS3 boxes. Also Mrbob will you check buddy list? You haven't accepted my buddy invite...

Weird... guess I should've stayed at Round Robin.

JambiBum

The Frankman said:
Ok just sent out a shitton of invites so check your PS3 boxes. Also Mrbob will you check buddy list? You haven't accepted my buddy invite...

Weird... guess I should've stayed at Round Robin.

Can you tell me why when I try and send out a buddy invite it tells me my list is full even though you're the only one on it?

JambiBum said:
Can you tell me why when I try and send out a buddy invite it tells me my list is full even though you're the only one on it?
back out and try again... also It may be taking into account total invites from PS3 buddy list.

JambiBum

The Frankman said:
back out and try again... also It may be taking into account total invites from PS3 buddy list.
Maybe the invite thing is what it is then. I have a FR sent to octoco and when I try and send him a regular buddy invite on the game it doesn't work.

rareside

I got a date with Rich Harden tonight at the ballpark, so I won't be around until about midnight CST. Will probably be up for a game before bed, or to help with the league shenanigans.

Rorschach

Miguel said:
I like the strike zone off, but I've pretty much Greg Maddux'd my way through my entire video game "baseball career" so I can pretty much pick my spots. I do like that pitches get away from you even if you get everything exactly right occasionally, but for the most part, I can put the pitch where I want it if I don't F around too much. Although, when I fall apart, I really fall apart. (>:| Rors)
Never count me out. :D

turnbuckle

I've been getting a bit more practice against online opponents today but have like a 2-10 record :(. I'd like to do the league if I can grab the Tigers. If they're not available I guess I'd have to look at what other options were left.

Random question - is there any way to change a psn user ID? I'd like to switch it to turnbuckle or something easier to recognize me by than my current ID.

Kingbrave

I have no problem switching from the Tigers. As long as I'm not KC it doesn't matter what team I play as.

Fuck it, I'll even be KC.
Marlins?

LJ11

turnbuckle said:
I've been getting a bit more practice against online opponents today but have like a 2-10 record :(. I'd like to do the league if I can grab the Tigers. If they're not available I guess I'd have to look at what other options were left.

Random question - is there any way to change a psn user ID? I'd like to switch it to turnbuckle or something easier to recognize me by than my current ID.

You can create a new PSN account. Also, with you and Jambibum we're looking at over 70+ games. If you can't handle that many, or aren't willing to go 20-50, don't sign up.

League will advance every 10 days, which means you'll be playing 9 games in 10 days.

turnbuckle

LJ11 said:
You can create a new PSN account. Also, with you and Jambibum we're looking at over 70+ games. If you can't handle that many, or aren't willing to go 20-50, don't sign up.

League will advance every 10 days, which means you'll be playing 9 games in 10 days.

I can handle it. If I do terribe I can just blame Dumbrowski.

Fifty

If anyone is interested in trading their team for the Angels, let me know. I picked them because they were the best team available, and I was late to the league..and since we're still waiting on starting the league I figured I'd throw this out there. If you wanted them, you'd have already taken them, I know...but this idea can't hurt!

BigAT

Fifty said:
If anyone is interested in trading their team for the Angels, let me know. I picked them because they were the best team available, and I was late to the league..and since we're still waiting on starting the league I figured I'd throw this out there. If you wanted them, you'd have already taken them, I know...but this idea can't hurt!
I would be willing to pick them up. I was actually interested in them when the signups first started but someone already had taken them at that point (FMT?). I have the Cardinals right now, who I have absolutely no affinity for or knowledge of (Yankees fan).

Fifty

You've got yourself a deal. I'm a bigger fan, by far, of the Cardinals' players, I don't see how the commish can have a problem with this, since we're doing it before the season starts. Get ready to rake 'em in with Kendry Morales--dude is a beast in this game!

edit: I'm doing this not for Pujols, but for the sage advice of Cardinals hitting coach.."Big Mac" Mark McGwire!

BTW 12-hour maintenance from 3 am to 3 pm Thursday. Fixing League/Login/Lag issues.

Also I'm pretty sure I buddy invited the whole league. Still waiting on accepting into the BS Test league...

The Frankman said:
BTW 12-hour maintenance from 3 am to 3 pm Thursday. Fixing League/Login/Lag issues.

Also I'm pretty sure I buddy invited the whole league. Still waiting on accepting into the BS Test league...

I didn't touch my PS3 yesterday. This stupid pollen has got me going to bed earlier and I'm not feeling sick but I don't feel great either. Hopefully it rains today to wash some of this shit away. (I live in Georgia)

JambiBum

LJ I can't remember if I told you but I'll take the White Sox since I'm in now. Unless DM is willing to give me the Yanks, but I highly doubt that lol.

LJ11

JambiBum said:
LJ I can't remember if I told you but I'll take the White Sox since I'm in now. Unless DM is willing to give me the Yanks, but I highly doubt that lol.

Yeah, I put you down as the Sox, check the OP.

rareside said:
I joined the practice league. Looks like there's 6 of us in there now. When do we start the practice league?
I wanted at least 8... this is bothering me because of how long it's taking people to join. I know it's not Monday, but if the past is any indication it'll take another 3 days before all 24 people accept their League invites. LJ11, you may have to start PMing people a day early just to remind them about the league starting and to look for that stuff Monday afternoon/night.

BTW I'm guessing this will be a round robin thing with 2 divisions, we play each team once? That 72 games, sweet.

Nightz

Do all the teams have to be signed in to be able to start? We can't just start it with the minimum and then have the others join?

LiveWire

I'm confused. Are we starting a full league or not on Monday? I don't care about a practice league, the full league will be practice for everyone anyway.

Top Bottom