• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Rorschach said:
:/ What happened to resending?! ;)
Accept/Reject the other one first. It says I sent you one already.

There has to be a way to have Divisional (two divisions) and get the AL/NL split. I guess I messed up my League options...

Rorschach

The Frankman said:

There has to be a way to have Divisional (two divisions) and get the AL/NL split. I guess I messed up my League options...
Oh. Weird because that one just doesn't let me accept. I can't delete or decline either. smh.

LJ11

The Frankman said:

There is no divisional split when divisions don't matter. Round robin is like one big tournament. We've done divisional in years past, but we've never had 24 guys participating. Besides, you would need an even number of teams in each division anyway, and that isn't happening.

LJ11 said:
There is no divisional split when divisions don't matter. Round robin is like one big tournament. We've done divisional in years past, but we've never had 24 guys participating. Besides, you would need an even number of teams in each division anyway, and that isn't happening.
I remember two leagues in MLB 09 though.

LJ11

The Frankman said:
I remember two leagues in MLB 09 though.

Because we had an even amount of guys between AL/NL, so you logged in chose your team and then your division. You can do the same exact thing this year, but what's the point. There aren't multiple series within the division.

rareside

I don't know, but I'll be out of town all of next week on business and I'm taking my PS3 with me to the hotel. Don't let me down league!!

Should probably mass message all participants as a reminder to log-in on MON if possible so we can get this party started.

turnbuckle

I'll hop on in a minute if you're still up for a game. Verlander is getting rocked so I don't feel like watching real stuff anymore. Not that my Verlander doesn't get rocked nearly every game in the Show though :p

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
turnbuckle said:
I'll hop on in a minute if you're still up for a game. Verlander is getting rocked so I don't feel like watching real stuff anymore. Not that my Verlander doesn't get rocked nearly every game in the Show though :p
I am on now if you want to meet up

Rorschach

Had a good connection just now with Denogg. Maybe the update did do something. :p

It finally let me decline Frankman's invite (but not accept) guess you just have to wait it out.

Somnia

So I just picked up the game...if anyone wants to play look for me on aim (Somnia1982). Maybe I can actually beat you in this sports game Rors :lol

DenogginizerOS

Injuries in this game are ridiculous. I vote we leave injuries off. I just lost a reliever on a pick-off move. Ridiculous.

turnbuckle

DenogginizerOS said:
Injuries in this game are ridiculous. I vote we leave injuries off. I just lost a reliever on a pick-off move. Ridiculous.

Yeah, or at least adjust the injury slider to be very forgiving. Sorry that happened. You reliever was pretty effective until that pickoff.

I would also like to have the game set to Fast Play, although it's not really a huge issue. Just slows down the games and most of the time i'm just jamming the x button

Fifty

I think if it's not set to fast play, we're making a huge mistake. You can spend all the time you want waiting for roster updates and trying to perfect sliders, but nothing would annoy me more than constantly having to tap x and skip needless cutscenes. I only play with fast play on.

Somnia

GG Rors :D I might be down for joining if someone leaves at some point. I see what people mean how good this game is.

Mrbob

Isn't fast play on? It should be. No reason to keep broadcast on at all. It only adds to lag and makes a long game even longer.

Also, I agree with keeping injuries off.

Doytch

Yeah definitely turn fast play on. I try to leave time for the batter to prep/think a bit anyway. Though when I get pissed off I subconsciously speed up my game which adversely affects my pitching...

No opinion on injuries.

LJ11

DenogginizerOS said:

How many injuries have you had during games? Played about a dozen or so online, not a single injury, just ejections.

Edit: I'm keeping them on, this isn't Madden.

Mrbob

Can you get injuries from bean balls?

This is my only concern. I don't want to have one of my players get hit in the head with a fastball and get injured. You can't move out of the way of the pitch yourself.

eznark

Banned
Should I accept the invite to the league or just wait til tomorrow for the real thing?

And yeah, why would anyone ever play with fast play off??

Alfonso soriano is hilarious by the way!

DenogginizerOS

LJ11 said:
How many injuries have you had during games? Played about a dozen or so online, not a single injury, just ejections.

Edit: I'm keeping them on, this isn't Madden.
1 league game, 1 injury on a pitch-out. 15 day DL. Kris Medlen. That is beyond dumb.

Yea i never have had an injury online yet. Also, i dont think players get injured from getting plunked. Some guy plunked me 20 times today and no injuries lol

Mrbob

eznark said:
Alfonso soriano is hilarious by the way!

Worst money ever spent on a player. :/ We still owe that douche 5 years and around 100 million dollars. He isn't leaving my sight anytime soon.

Mrbob said:
Worst money ever spent on a player. :/ We still owe that douche 5 years and around 100 million dollars. He isn't leaving my sight anytime soon.

:lol He definitely up there with the Beltres, Kei Igawas and Barry Zitos of the world.

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
When he dropped that ball in the seventh Brantly was ripping the shit out of the Cubs for signing him (I was watching on FSN Cincinnati)

turnbuckle

Dmncnby2k9 said:
quick question guys, with what options u guys play online? All-Star, GP off, Strike Zone off. something along those lines?

I've been going with the league rules lately. HOF, zone off, gp off....but FAST PLAY!

LJ11

If there was this huge influx of injuries, or if it was like Madden where players seemingly drop like flies, I would definitely turn it off but I'm not seeing it. Whatever the majority wants, so speak up.

JambiBum

LJ11 said:
If there was this huge influx of injuries, or if it was like Madden where players seemingly drop like flies, I would definitely turn it off but I'm not seeing it. Whatever the majority wants, so speak up.

I haven't had an injury yet in an online game. So I vote for keeping it on unless it starts getting ridiculous.

Oh and turnbuckle are you up for a game now?

eznark

Banned
If there is even a question about it being wonky I'd say we should turn them off. Why add even more randomness?

So I vote for keeping it on unless it starts getting ridiculous.
Doesn't really work like that though, I don't think. If it gets ridiculous we can't turn it off, since it would be unfair to the person who lost their players to injuries.

turnbuckle

Is something wrong with Beckett in this game? every time i use him to pitch (which is every time my opponent picks Yankees) no matter where I time my pitch meter, the game seems to override it. Haven't noticed this with any other pitcher, and I've pitched a ton of games so far.

---

Doesn't seem to be doing it inn the second inning so far. That was strange.

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
Is something wrong with Beckett in this game? every time i use him to pitch (which is every time my opponent picks Yankees) no matter where I time my pitch meter, the game seems to override it. Haven't noticed this with any other pitcher, and I've pitched a ton of games so far.

---

Doesn't seem to be doing it inn the second inning so far. That was strange.

After you're done with that game you want to play? I sent you a challenge before you started but I guess you didn't see it lol.

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
i only kno whow if you have a keyboard. Press enter to bring up chat
Damn. I have a mic. I need to charge it though. Or else I would be talking. I chase too many pitches lol.

Top Bottom