• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If we play with trades off and we can confirm that the online roster updates update the franchise rosters, I am fine with us starting ASAP.

rareside

DenogginizerOS said:
If we play with trades off and we can confirm that the online roster updates update the franchise rosters, I am fine with us starting ASAP.

Agree. This would allow us to start tonight and if need be we can fix/change things later.

Doytch

I don't really care one way or another. If people want to wait for the rookies, or wait for OS rosters and use those, that's fine. I was thinking just turn trades/FA on and only use it to keep the teams matching their real-life status, but that wouldn't solve the rookie problems I guess.

eznark

Banned
I'd like to start today or tomorrow, I'm leaving Thursday and will be gone til Sunday so I'd like to get signed up before heading to Detroit.

DenogginizerOS

I am not interested in having a league full of trades and I absolutely want the rookies to be involved at some point during our franchise. I don't think you can have online roster updates and FA/Trades on. If we want realism, I say we go with online roster updates and deal with the real-life decisions/injuries our team of choice makes/has to deal with.

Fixed1979

DenogginizerOS said:
I am not interested in having a league full of trades and I absolutely want the rookies to be involved at some point during our franchise. I don't think you can have online roster updates and FA/Trades on. If we want realism, I say we go with online roster updates and deal with the real-life decisions/injuries our team of choice makes/has to deal with.

Rorschach

Eh. I don't know if I want my management's stupid decisions to affect my team. Also, if roster updates are on does that mean in-game injuries are off?

DenogginizerOS

Rorschach said:
Eh. I don't know if I want my management's stupid decisions to affect my team. Also, if roster updates are on does that mean in-game injuries are off?
What team are you using?

As for injuries, no idea. I would guess yes they are off. But considering that the frequency of injury in real-life is seemingly less than most sports games (see Madden '10), I don't have a problem with this. Plus, regardless if injuries are real or simmed, we would still have to deal with them one way or the other.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Same, i don't want to be in the middle of a playoff chase only to lose my top two hitters due to a bathroom injury and a drug suspension...that has nothing to do with me and my team.

DCX

eznark

Banned
Rorschach said:
It's going to be awesome when I get forced to use Jeff Suppan

DenogginizerOS

DCX said:
Same, i don't want to be in the middle of a playoff chase only to lose my top two hitters due to a bathroom injury and a drug suspension...that has nothing to do with me and my team.

DCX
Those injuries you describe are far less frequent than the injuries we see in other franchises such as Madden.

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
What team are you using?

As for injuries, no idea. I would guess yes they are off. But considering that the frequency of injury in real-life is seemingly less than most sports games (see Madden '10), I don't have a problem with this. Plus, regardless if injuries are real or simmed, we would still have to deal with them one way or the other.
I meant they'd have to be off since you'd have in-game injuries in addition to real life injuries, suspensions, etc.

And injuries aren't really that bad in '10 besides the brittle guys. We didn't have nearly as many season enders as the NFL. That said, they're even less frequent in The Show. At least, in what I've seen of offline franchise.

DenogginizerOS

Either way, I would like for teams to have access to rookies and I would like to get this going. Turning trades/injuries on will negate the online roster updates. Plus, I would like to play in a league where skill in play is more emphasized than skill as a GM. If we allow trades, that opens the door for a few potential problems such as disgruntled team owners doing firesales thus throwing the balance of the league off.

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
Either way, I would like for teams to have access to rookies and I would like to get this going. Turning trades/injuries on will negate the online roster updates. Plus, I would like to play in a league where skill in play is more emphasized than skill as a GM. If we allow trades, that opens the door for a few potential problems such as disgruntled team owners doing firesales thus throwing the balance of the league off.
You could leave trades on and just tell people not to trade. It's not like we can't control that ourselves.

Also, this isn't a franchise. It's just a season anyway. If there was a season 2, we'd have the newest rosters anyway, right?

DenogginizerOS

Rorschach said:
You could leave trades on and just tell people not to trade. It's not like we can't control that ourselves.
If we turn trades on, our rosters are frozen thus blocking any future updates.

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
If we turn trades on, our rosters are frozen thus blocking any future updates.
That's fine with me if we wait for the next roster update. We don't even know for sure that rosters update if you turn trades off.

DenogginizerOS

eznark said:
Honestly, I'd just like to play some god damned games. I have a solution!

fantasy draft
So do I! That is why I am trying to find out what the rosters will do after a franchise starts (I have no interest in a fantasy draft). If we can at least resolve that, then the rookies question is addressed.

Last I heard from LJ11 we may setup the league, check 40-mans and vote tonight. I check mine and though my bullpen is a joke I'm willing to start as long as the roster updates next Monday.

LJ11

Posted a thread on OS about roster updates, zero replies. Posted on the community site, nothing. Nightz created a thread on the community site, zero hits.

If we made a thread about batting helmets behind fucked up, 2 page thread.

I'm 95% sure rosters won't update, it's just like Madden, once you start there's no going back.

DenogginizerOS

LJ11 said:

:lol :lol Make a thread about helmets and ask the question inside.

In all seriousness, I fail to understand how the last thing that seems to be on the minds of the patch monkeys is getting the rosters right. They have to know that people were waiting for the real rosters to get set before starting franchises. Is it really that hard to have an update put out today that fixes everything? It isn't like they pretty much knew several days ago.

Doytch

LJ11 said:
Posted a thread on OS about roster updates, zero replies. Posted on the community site, nothing. Nightz created a thread on the community site, zero hits.

I'm 95% sure rosters won't update, it's just like Madden, once you start there's no going back.
I'm disappointed that they didn't include the Short Bus option for helmets. I'd have given it to John McDonald.

JambiBum

The Frankman said:
Holy shit, I think I saw a thread about Marco Scutaro being as tall as Randy Johnson. :lol

That's how almost all official forums for games are. It's ridiculous. GAF has it's issues sometimes but those are nothing like what happens at official game forums. I tend to just stay away from them. Especially after the initial release.

turnbuckle

The Frankman said:
League hasn't started, stick around. Maybe you get in.

My team's already claimed. Seeing the way I'm faring in random matches right now, I think I'd be too shamed to ever post again if I were in :p

Fixed1979

turnbuckle said:
My team's already claimed. Seeing the way I'm faring in random matches right now, I think I'd be too shamed to ever post again if I were in :p

I'm expecting to get beaten badly in most of my games, but it's just going to be fun to play. Can't hurt to throw your name into the list of backups or if theres enough entries to allow two more teams.

Shit man, this is increible. Im bout to call the guy from the ps3 commercials n ask kim myself lol. But seriously, its funny how we can get no answers on the rosters.

We need to disguise the question. "If we start a online league when the rosters update will Tim Lincecum have the proper amount of slick black hair? Or will his hair look a little dry the rest of the year in the league?"

Nightz

Hey someone responded to LJ's thread on OS:

When you start a league your rosters are locked with when you started it.

So updates don't effect your league.

Edit: Knight rosters are out as well.

LJ11

pistolpete2940 said:
Wait, you can use custom rosters in leagues?

Read through the thread and one guy mentioned how you need to adjust Hughes' stamina for your franchise or league. Asked in the thread, no reply so far. When I created a test league there wasn't an option to upload rosters, but I'm wondering what would happen if I download Knight's rosters, delete my "online" rosters and started the league.

LJ11 said:
Read through the thread and one guy mentioned how you need to adjust Hughes' stamina for your franchise or league. Asked in the thread, no reply so far. When I created a test league there wasn't an option to upload rosters, but I'm wondering what would happen if I download Knight's rosters, delete my "online" rosters and started the league.
Don't think that works.

LJ11

So we either start the league with busted rosters, or wait until Monday and hope they make the necessary adjustments and start it then.

Majority wins, so let your voice be heard.

LiveWire

I'll be pretty much unavailable after tomorrow night, so I'd say let's wait til Monday and hope for the best RE: rosters.

Top Bottom