• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

LJ11

Fifty said:
I bet the Braves owner cares :lol

Yeah, but Frank won't have Mejia or Beltran for the entire season. How is that fair? It's hard to come up with a compromise. Like I said, if enough people want to hold off until next week, I'll hold off. Let your voice be heard. I just want to get this thing started already.

Used Perfect sliders Frank, with some adjustments. Get on AIM around 6pm, we'll talk some more.

LJ11 said:
Yeah, but Frank won't have Mejia or Beltran for the entire season. How is that fair? It's hard to come up with a compromise. Like I said, if enough people want to hold off until next week, I'll hold off. Let your voice be heard. I just want to get this thing started already.
I'm not sure that's the case, did you use the Mets online today?
Used Perfect sliders Frank, with some adjustments. Get on AIM around 6pm, we'll talk some more.
I'm familiar with them, the only difference is I put contact at 4 instead of 5, and Solid hits at 1 instead of 0.
Mrbob said:
I'm ready to get this party started.
Can't unless eznark gave you his info.

rareside

If this thing waits until next week to get started consider me out.

I don't mean to be an ass, but we've waited long enough. Game's been out over a month. Online mode is solid. Everyone's got the game now. Let's start the thing while we've got the momentum of opening week.

Mrbob

Eznark didn't send me any info, but you can at least get the league up. It will probably take a couple days for everyone to sign in anyway.

rareside

If there's anything I can do to help out with the setup of the league, please let me know. Will be around most of tonight, half-watching the basketball game, but will probably be bored after Duke starts murdering Butler and fire up The Show.

Im ready to get this shit on the road. Seein all those games on espn h nas me hyped. N wats the situation with the rosters?

JambiBum

rareside said:
If there's anything I can do to help out with the setup of the league, please let me know. Will be around most of tonight, half-watching the basketball game, but will probably be bored after Duke starts murdering Butler and fire up The Show.
Wanna play a game right now?

rareside

Not sure either. Let's try it again in a bit. Just got a phone call and prolly gonna be busy for the next hour-ish.

I'll be around after that though. Add me to your buddy list!

JambiBum

rareside said:
Not sure either. Let's try it again in a bit. Just got a phone call and prolly gonna be busy for the next hour-ish.

I'll be around after that though. Add me to your buddy list!

I haven't had any sleep in the last day and a half so if I'm still awake by then we can play :lol but I'll add you.

Edit: Or apparently not. Says my buddy list is full even though I have no one on it.

Rorschach

I was gonna say I'm ready to go NOW and use all sorts of exclamation marks, but due to recent developments, I'd say wait a week! ;)

You know what? I don't even mind the "no Beltran" thing. But no Jose Reyes + half the Mets bullpen? Guys who are in AAA still in the pen? What the hell? And I will guarantee you if you had a Heyward like player on your team rareside you wouldn't be happy either. This isn't a 180 thing with me either, I wanted this league setup today also... until I found the so-called "roster update". What a joke.
Dmncnby2k9 said:
Im ready to get this shit on the road. Seein all those games on espn h nas me hyped. N wats the situation with the rosters?
They suck.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Why don't we all play each other at least once, post the results, perhaps post some highlights, and take a good look at these sliders? I can try to play at least one game a night this week. I still haven't played Rors or FMT. And unless I am mistaken, FMT is out of town until Friday of this week anyway so some people are not even around to start.

DenogginizerOS said:
Why don't we all play each other at least once, post the results, perhaps post some highlights, and take a good look at these sliders? I can try to play at least one game a night this week. I still haven't played Rors or FMT. And unless I am mistaken, FMT is out of town until Friday of this week anyway so some people are not even around to start.
That's what I had told people to do. LJ11, pistolpete, doytch, rors, and n1ghtz are available at least.

DenogginizerOS

The Frankman said:
That's what I had told people to do. LJ11, pistolpete, doytch, rors, and n1ghtz are available at least.
I like your idea then. :D

I am hoping the Butler does it and mops up the Pukies tonight so I don't have to hear the Duke smug at work tomorrow. Not sure how long I will watch, but I may be free to play a game if it gets ugly.

rareside

The Frankman said:
And I will guarantee you if you had a Heyward like player on your team rareside you wouldn't be happy either. This isn't a 180 thing with me either, I wanted this league setup today also... until I found the so-called "roster update". What a joke.

They suck.

My point is that it's never going to be perfect. The latest update takes 2 of my favorite players off the Rangers roster: IAN KINSLER is a BEAST, now he's replaced by Blanco...seriously, I don't care though...

I'm a Rangers fan before I'm a Kinsler fan. I'll make it work.

And when Kinsler comes off the DL hopefully I'll have him in the league.

It's your favorite player being off the roster now, and it's going to be someone else's favorite player off the roster next week. This league may never start with that logic.

DenogginizerOS

Roster update is hardly worthy of its name.

Does anyone know if the Knight rosters on OS can be used in and online franchise?

DenogginizerOS said:
Roster update is hardly worthy of its name.

Does anyone know if the Knight rosters on OS can be used in and online franchise?
I keep trying to see and I don't see. LJ asked, no reply.

LJ11

rareside said:
And when Kinsler comes off the DL hopefully I'll have him in the league.

Are you sure about that? Are the rosters locked in when we start? If the league rosters update with the general rosters every Monday, then we can start this bad boy today because that means Reyes will be back by next Monday and Heyward would be included in the update as well.

I'm not sure that's the way it goes down though. One way to check is via the dummy league. Did the rosters in the dummy league update today? Checking now....

rareside

NOTE ABOUT THE ROSTERS-

I don't know how many of you played online much last year, but rosters were updated frequently with regards to trades and injuries. When Hamilton was injured, he was taken out of the online rosters until he returned to play for the Rangers. If I remember correctly, SCEA updated rosters once a week or once every 2 weeks.

So even though some teams are probably more fucked than others right now, know that it will be fixed shortly (unless your guys are on the real life DL).

I don't care what rosters we go with. If you guys want to go with Knights locked-in rosters (if we can), I'm cool with that. I just propose a swift start of the league while interest is at its peak.

Did they update in MLB 09? lemme re-check dummy league, I hardly remember rosters there.

EDIT: ... ummm, Kelvim Escobar still on roster. ruh-roh.

LJ11

Current dummy league setup has trades set to on, so the 40 man is locked. Now if we create another dummy league and set trades to off the league rosters may update every Monday like '09. Problem is there's no way of knowing, because even if I create a new dummy league it will be using today's newly released rosters...FML

LJ11

I've asked, no response, no surprise really. Most of these communities are more interested in what color cleats T.Hunter is wearing than answering questions about online leagues.

I did mess around with the rosters in the dummy league and there may be a solution. Players with an I are on the DL, but I was able to take a player with an I off of it and place him on the 25 man roster. Since guys like Reyes/Beltran/Kinsler are on the DL, but weren't injured in our league they may be usable even though they are on the DL.

I'm going to test it out tonight. We may need to create one more dummy league with the current/new roster, and see if we can take players off the DL. If we can place them on the 25 man roster without having issues with their overall ratings, we're in business.

Edit: Rors, if you're free tonight and want to get in a game let me know.

Rorschach

I noticed a lot of the sliders have cpu in mind as well. Most of that forum is all about offline franchise.

LJ: I'm free now if you want to get a game in.

JambiBum

So I was right Octo lol. As soon as I posted that I laid down for a minute and passed the fuck out. Roster updates are silly.

eznark

Banned
Just got home, logged on expecting a league invite.....what's the scoop?

Was the 10 or 11 roster changes really all they did? So Jim Edmonds still does not exist in the MLB10 universe despite starting today?

Fail, Sony.

LJ11

Give me a day or so more, I'll have an update tomorrow for sure, working some stuff out. It'll pay off in the end, trust me.

Rorschach

Man, this game can be so much fun with good connections. Even with bad ones, but when it's good, it's awesome. :\

Had a laggy game with LJ. It was a good game, but the lag was frustrating. Then, had an awesome comeback against Miguel right now with a good connection. :D Ethier heroics!

Rorschach

4-1!

Ethier/Blake = LoDuca/Kent.
29fw284.gif

The next roster update would be the one to include everyone who started yesterday, including rookies. The player has to PLAY in a game BEFORE they can put him in because the MLBPA doesn't officially recognize them as a member until then.

LiveWire

Y'know if we've waited this long, I vote we wait until end of May, maybe mid-June to start the league. Let the lag settle down from all the online leagues being started and/or Sony beefing up its online server quality.

This suggestion has nothing to do with Stephen Strasburg.

eznark

Banned
storybook77 said:
The next roster update would be the one to include everyone who started yesterday, including rookies. The player has to PLAY in a game BEFORE they can put him in because the MLBPA doesn't officially recognize them as a member until then.
unions ruin everything

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Y'know if we've waited this long, I vote we wait until end of May, maybe mid-June to start the league. Let the lag settle down from all the online leagues being started and/or Sony beefing up its online server quality.

This suggestion has nothing to do with Stephen Strasburg.
Let's wait 'till November. That way, real baseball won't interfere with our pretend baseball!

Top Bottom