• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Sanjuro

*Red Sox -- 24-8 (1 Game Remaining: Orioles)
Blue Jays -- 20-9 (4 Games Remaining: 1 Mets / 3 Twins)
Angels -- 20-13 (Finshed)
Cubs -- 17-13 (3 Games Remaining: Cardinals)
Mets -- 14-12 (7 Games Remaining: 1 Jays / 3 Rays / 3 Brewers)
Cardinals -- 16-14 (3 Games Remaining: Cubs)
Rays -- 16-14 (3 Games Remaining: Mets)
Twins -- 15-15 (3 Games Remaining: Jays)
Brewers -- 11-19 (3 Games Remaining: Mets)
Nationals -- 11-22 (Finished)
Orioles -- 9-21 (3 Games Remaining: 1 Red Sox/ 2 Yankees)
Yankees -- 8-23 / 2 Orioles

Reposted. LJ you around tonight?

LJ11

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Reposted. LJ you around tonight?

Won't be able to play tonight, just got in and I'm really tired, tomorrow I'm available all day. Pick a time and I'm there.

Thanks for updating the standings!

JambiBum

Big you're pretty much perfectly fine. The only spot that is up for grabs is that 4th seed.

If I sweep and pete takes 2 of 3 from bob then I'm in. If pete only takes 1 and I sweep then Bob and I are tied. If both pete and I take 2 then it's a three way tie. If bob sweeps then he is in and that's that unless frank wins every game.

It's basically down to frank vs me and pete vs bob to see who makes it in.

Sanjuro

JambiBum said:
Big you're pretty much perfectly fine. The only spot that is up for grabs is that 4th seed.

If I sweep and pete takes 2 of 3 from bob then I'm in. If pete only takes 1 and I sweep then Bob and I are tied. If both pete and I take 2 then it's a three way tie. If bob sweeps then he is in and that's that unless frank wins every game.

It's basically down to frank vs me and pete vs bob to see who makes it in.
Well I kept it down to putting everyone that can. Statistically, miracles, all that shit baseball fans get their jollies off until they are finally dead.

JambiBum

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Well I kept it down to putting everyone that can. Statistically, miracles, all that shit baseball fans get their jollies off until they are finally dead.
Oh no, you're fine with what you put down. I'm just saying that the outcome for everyone (except you) depends on those two series. Everyone you listed still has a chance.

Sanjuro

LJ, I'm around whenever to play. Just waiting on Madden to ship. If you are bored and want me to play as Yanks or just sim let me know.

Doytch

Doytch said:
Frank, dmncnby, I can play one game after the Jays game tonight. Gonna be busy before then.
Same story tonight. Gonna be going out on Thursday and Friday night, so most likely won't have time to play.

eznark

Banned
Frank I will be home around 230 and can play til siesta time. Hondele, amigo.

(Ill try speaking cartoon spanish, since english yields no response)

LJ11

Here's an idea, why not sign on to fucking PSN and check if Frank is there....oh guess what he is playing MLB The Show.

eznark

Banned
this is far, far, far easier than turning on my PS3 just to see if by chance frankman might be online and not otherwise occupied.

LJ11

If he's on your friends list you can check via playstation.com, he's on now.

Sunday's the deadline, I've put this off long enough.

JambiBum

So wait, everyone is here, has been here. Yet we have to make special considerations for Frank? Everyone else is perfectly capable of posting here when they are available and setting times to play each other. Except for Frank. He has been back since Sunday, yet I'm pretty sure the only series he has played is the one he had with Doytch. I get that he had shit he needed to do, but he made more appearances in the thread when he was gone than he has since he's been back. He should have had to either forfeit his games or they should have been simmed. We would be done by now.

Doytch

I messaged him on PSN but he didn't respond and he's playing Warhawk so....

Also have games with dmncnby. Can play for the next couple hours, then heading out.

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
So wait, everyone is here, has been here. Yet we have to make special considerations for Frank? Everyone else is perfectly capable of posting here when they are available and setting times to play each other. Except for Frank. He has been back since Sunday, yet I'm pretty sure the only series he has played is the one he had with Doytch. I get that he had shit he needed to do, but he made more appearances in the thread when he was gone than he has since he's been back. He should have had to either forfeit his games or they should have been simmed. We would be done by now.

Commish on July 31st said:
LJ11 said:
DCX/sanjuro, you're my last two opponents. Let me know when you're available.

I need to set a cut off date, we need to finish this already, playoffs start next Wednesday. If you haven't finished by then you forfeit your games.

Sounds fair.
Not that it matters what the Nationals thinks :p

LJ11

JambiBum said:

It's like a broken record at this point. There is no simming, it's me flipping a fucking coin. I'd rather not flip one when the playoffs are involved, and I don't want to just forfeit games but if it comes down to it then so be it.

The thread is not the only way to contact people, AIM/PSN are viable alternatives and I've said as much in the past. Most of you guys feel the thread is more than enough, that's fine, I prefer using AIM, but it's good to have options.

Have you contacted him via PM/AIM/PSN? I'm just curious, because Frank's always replied when prompted. If you PM him he may receive an email depending on his settings.

I really don't give a shit at this point, I've set a date and I'm going with it.

LJ11

Just an FYI, he's still on his PS3, so send him a message and wait a couple of minutes for a reply. If he doesn't, at least you tried and I'll take that into account.

Doytch

The Frankman said:
3rd straight time you quickpitched while I tried to get a pinch hitter. REALLY?
Yeah? I noticed the one where you got Ike in, but didn't see any others.

--

K, finished the series with Frank, now have my series with Dmncnby and then I'm done. I can't play tomorrow, but Saturday/Sunday morning/afternoon is empty for me so I could get even get all three done in a row if that works for you.

JambiBum

You have got to be kidding me. You don't have the god damn option to play back to back games or not. You left for a fucking week. Everyone is waiting on you. Play your god damn games.

Ready at 10 PM whoever has the Rays.
You have got to be kidding me. You don't have the god damn option to play back to back games or not. You left for a fucking week. Everyone is waiting on you. Play your god damn games.
Next time I have to help two members of my family move I'm sure I'll say no because I have to play online baseball. Thanks for your consideration, you can't wait 1-2 hours? Jesus Christ Almighty ... this is something I've done since the league last year, not that you'd know. If I play multiple games in 1 day WIN OR LOSS I clear my head for the next game. Hell I did 2-3 games in a day with a 1 hour break in between before and no one bitched.

JambiBum

The Frankman said:
Ready at 10 PM whoever has the Rays.

Next time I have to help two members of my family move I'm sure I'll say no because I have to play online baseball. Thanks for your consideration, you can't wait 1-2 hours?

I didn't have a problem with you leaving. I understand that you have to help family. You have been back since Sunday. So yes. I'm tired of fucking waiting. Everyone is.

eznark

Banned
Can you play later on tonight Frank? Round 11 or so? I imagine at some point our games won't matter anymore and those can be coin-flipped

eznark said:
Can you play later on tonight Frank? Round 11 or so? I imagine at some point our games won't matter anymore and those can be coin-flipped
Not likely. But if by some chance Jambibum doesn't mind staying up until 2-3 am we could get in all 3 games. Of course 1 hr break in between... his call, I'll be around.

If he's available sometime in the afternoon (1 PM) we can definitely finish tomorrow, and then we can play eznark. of course I understand if you want to forefeit ez, y'know with family obligations and the mortage and Bonnie making meatloaf again...

Doytch said:
Yeah? I noticed the one where you got Ike in, but didn't see any others.

--

K, finished the series with Frank, now have my series with Dmncnby and then I'm done. I can't play tomorrow, but Saturday/Sunday morning/afternoon is empty for me so I could get even get all three done in a row if that works for you.
Sounds good. Can u play today though?

JambiBum

The Frankman said:
Not likely. But if by some chance Jambibum doesn't mind staying up until 2-3 am we could get in all 3 games. Of course 1 hr break in between... his call, I'll be around.

If he's available sometime in the afternoon (1 PM) we can definitely finish tomorrow, and then we can play eznark. of course I understand if you want to forefeit ez, y'know with family obligations and the mortage and Bonnie making meatloaf again...
Why do you need an hour break. Please. I'm dying to know.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:

you're a strange dude when have i ever made such an excuse? And honestly, I don't think my mother-in-law has ever made meat loaf.

Top Bottom