• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 11 League: Starbucks Edition

Sanjuro

eznark said:
I actually had the same thing happen when wired a couple of times, so to me that was par for the course but yeah, 1000x better than the last few seasons.

Sanjuro, what's the protocol on playing ahead?
I'm for it, but I'm not sure how far the game will let you. Next series is fine.

turnbuckle

My next series is with Pete. Not sure if/when PSN will be up in the next couple of days but I'm good after 8:30pm tonight or probably after 6pm tomorrow.

I switched my camera to catcher 3. I feel like the angle was different than the default, but it could've just been a placebo. I still hit for shit, but that could've just been that dominant Brewers pitching.

Edit

Damn psn may be down for a couple days. Not sure if I'll be in town this weekend or not. Hopefully they get this fixed soon.

I just tried turnbuckle's suggestion and moved the camera as per the 2010 camera. Immediately noticed a big difference, it's muck easier to read the ball coming out of the pitchers' hand. Just a little bit, not too much so it's not TOO easy though.

eznark

Banned
I actually moved the camera down, to camera 5 i think, for my RTTS and I absolutely loved it. Definitely easier to pick up low pitches, which I always have trouble with.

SephriJ

The Frankman said:
I just tried turnbuckle's suggestion and moved the camera as per the 2010 camera. Immediately noticed a big difference, it's muck easier to read the ball coming out of the pitchers' hand. Just a little bit, not too much so it's not TOO easy though.

Which camera did you use?? The same as Turnbuckle's? Catcher 3?

Damn PSN. I was psyched to be able to finish my series tonight and something has to mess it all up. Errrr. Someday Corran and I will finish this up.

SephriJ said:
Which camera did you use?? The same as Turnbuckle's? Catcher 3?

Damn PSN. I was psyched to be able to finish my series tonight and something has to mess it all up. Errrr. Someday Corran and I will finish this up.
I customed and nudged it slightly down until the top of the zone was kinda at waist level... I'll screencap it tonight. It's based on the pics he posted.

LOL I screencapped but forgot to upload it...

mlb11theshow.png
mlb11theshowcustom.png

Left pic is 2011, right pic is my custom camera. All I did was nudge it up slightly (compare top of zone to wall/CF's head in distance). Sorry it isn't clearer but TV is a older SDTV. I don't go back to NY until this weekend.

turnbuckle

Wow, you barely changed it at all. If I knew how to take screen caps I'd show the difference between the two I use.

As for the league, I'm gonna be out of town Sunday and Monday. Hopefully PSN will be up tomorrow and/or Saturday and I can get some games with Pete in. If I remember correctly our series is set to expire on the 24th.

Actually the first cap I took had a MUCH bigger difference, but then judging high pitches looked weird. I adjusted it inbetween, I'll take a better pic when I get back on my TV.

BTW screencaps are part of the MLB: The Show interface. Press the Playstation button to access the XMB, goto Photo and you'll see a "Save Screenshot" thingy.

SephriJ

Well, it's Easter, maybe PSN will resurrect now. Then I can play an online game, or a league game, OR SOMETHING!!!!!

SephriJ

Wow, I'm doing okay, for not even playing. Don't let the sim fool you, I wouldn't be that good. lol. How does this get fixed is the question?? New league once PSN is back up??

Sanjuro

Wish I had a better answer, but I'm afraid to get my identity stolen by turning on my Playstation. There really is no excuse for this. All those Free PSN > XBOX Live people have pretty much run out of any sort of an argument.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Wish I had a better answer, but I'm afraid to get my identity stolen by turning on my Playstation. There really is no excuse for this. All those Free PSN > XBOX Live people have pretty much run out of any sort of an argument.
Live has been down for long periods of time too.

Sanjuro

Corran Horn said:
Live has been down for long periods of time too.
Live has never just up and vanished for a week, with no information given. There has been scheduled maintenance and updates. Neither have they not said a word only to tell you that your personal information may be compromised.

SephriJ

Well hopefully the league can restart or something if people want once it's back up, right now I am being entertained by the crazy weather we are receiving, its sunny, yet lots of thunder, and tornado warnings. I may not have a home after tonight lol.

League restart time WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'll get to work on checking if knight165 is still working on an updated roster and sliders! I wonder if the camera can be fixed.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
eznark said:
But....they haven't? I had no idea you were such a irrational sony fan.
? Sony fucked up hard but saying this wouldnt happen to Xbox because people pay X dollars is fucking stupid. Tons of databases have been hacked, including banks and credit cards services.

*I play on PC.

eznark

Banned
Corran Horn said:
? Sony fucked up hard but saying this wouldnt happen to Xbox because people pay X dollars is fucking stupid. Tons of databases have been hacked, including banks and credit cards services.

*I play on PC.

but it didn't happen! that's the point. I could go across the hall tomorrow and murder my co-workers, the opportunity doesn't make me a murderer. What a ridiculous argument.

By the way, Mortal Kombat is fucking siiiiiiiiiiiiick (sucker and I bought it on PS3)

SephriJ

eznark said:
but it didn't happen! that's the point. I could go across the hall tomorrow and murder my co-workers, the opportunity doesn't make me a murderer. What a ridiculous argument.

By the way, Mortal Kombat is fucking siiiiiiiiiiiiick (sucker and I bought it on PS3)

I also bought it on PS3, soo good. Really happy with it.

Rosters - The minute PSN comes back I'm checking Knight165, who I'm sure was working on another updated set. I'll find it.

Sliders - I'll upload the set live so Sanjuro can upload it/use it for the league.

Camera - I'll check whatever Catcher cam works with what turnbuckle was saying. These strikeouts gotta come down.

I had worked off that because I remember reading a post where he used that mostly on All-Star, plus he seemed to overcompensate for the offense. No need to tweak Contact or Power, there are plenty of each on the default 5 settings. Plus he didn't seem to take the injury bug in account and INCREASED it. I couldn't believe that...

Plus the camera will be the biggest fix. I'll check that tonight.

These are all the suggestions I got from OS guys...

Catcher 3
*Catcher 5
*Catcher 9
Wide 2
Offset 4

* - people seem to like

I'm going to try them out, I suggest while we have downtime you guys do the same.

SephriJ

I will be 30 in July, and PSN still won't be up yet. Also I will be gone around then so even if it is up, I will be out of town.

Top Bottom