• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 12: The Show Online League Thread or How Will PSN Die in 2012?

The actual league will involve Knight165's rosters (First week of April?). I had thought the Test League was over because people weren't accepting invites.

Good stuff while it last Ez. I thought I was gonna die when you kept trying to hit Fielder.

Don't know why the game defaulted to the zone spot batting, really messed with me, not like I would have hit anything anyway with the lag and the way Grienke was pitching. I finally started to use my Fast Ball in the last 2 innings. I had forgotten about it after you destroyed it in the first inning =(

The online is pretty awful so far...

eznark

Banned
Good stuff while it last Ez. I thought I was gonna die when you kept trying to hit Fielder.

Don't know why the game defaulted to the zone spot batting, really messed with me, not like I would have hit anything anyway with the lag and the way Grienke was pitching. I finally started to use my Fast Ball in the last 2 innings. I had forgotten about it after you destroyed it in the first inning =(

The online is pretty awful so far...

Yeah, not good. Of course it locked up in the 9th. Ugh.

Always use quick play. That broadcast option adds like 30 minutes.

Yeah, not good. Of course it locked up in the 9th. Ugh.

Always use quick play. That broadcast option adds like 30 minutes.

My fault, never played the Show online before. Glad you couldn't see your K total when the game ended either. Would have been embarrassing

We haven't used any custom rosters in league play. There is no progression. So starting some hotshot in AA is just going to leave you with a player who can't hit/field/etc.
... I have no idea what this means.

Are you drunk again? We've used a custom roster for the last two MLB: The Show League seasons. It's right in both threads for 2010 and 2011 :jakncoke.

Sanjuro

... I have no idea what this means.

Are you drunk again? We've used a custom roster for the last two MLB: The Show League seasons. It's right in both threads for 2010 and 2011 :jakncoke.

No, are you aspergers again?

We didn't have a "league" last season overall, still didn't use them. We didn't use them in the prior season as well. You still haven't even explained the benefits of waiting for a custom roster in an online franchise.

eznark

Banned
No, are you aspergers again?

We didn't have a "league" last season overall, still didn't use them. We didn't use them in the prior season as well. You still haven't even explained the benefits of waiting for a custom roster in an online franchise.

Well, they are in general more accurate. Plenty of end-of-bench guys are consistently wrong even in opening day rosters. It's idiotic.

Sanjuro

Yeah, I guess my question is why wouldn't we use them?

Depending on when people want to start the league. If they are readily available, I don't see the problem. The Royals were the only team to accept franchise invite to this point. At the moment I don't see many people interested in playing.

Sanjuro

I didn't get one, or maybe it expired while I was out of town or something?

I definitely sent you one as you were one of the first people on my list who registered online. Again, the PSN online setup is infuriating. I send out a vague invite with no sort of feedback system to if the person was even invited, viewed, declined, etc.

Sanjuro

Square Triangle, your PSN list is full.

Sent out PSN invites to the following people,

pistolpete
goldlion
aneternalengima
kaveman
denogg
jmitchell

The league currently active is still the test league. Only 14 slots, very short season.

So we can stick to using that or do something different?

eznark

Banned
What are the batting and pitching styles? Also, games set to fast play or whatever right? That broadcast mode game gold and I played last night was bruuuuuuuuutal

Depending on when people want to start the league. If they are readily available, I don't see the problem. The Royals were the only team to accept franchise invite to this point. At the moment I don't see many people interested in playing.

Cause it's

ourtime-235x300.png

baby

turnbuckle

I blame PSN/SONY/The Show for not participating in the league this year. I really wanted to play, but there's already been so much damned confusion over everything that I feel the whole experience will just be frustrating. Why can't they streamline/simplify the process?

Anywho, good luck to you guys. Keep me on notice after the inevitable first wave of drops :p Maybe some of the kinks will be worked out by then. You all were a lot more fun to play with than the random online pickup game.

Played Acherion X today. Good game broski. Game had no lag. I either got a hit or struck out. Hitting is tough again online. Timing is off of course. Late on everything most of the time.

Played Acherion X today. Good game broski. Game had no lag. I either got a hit or struck out. Hitting is tough again online. Timing is off of course. Late on everything most of the time.
Been reading Default Pitch speed is too quick. Probably will lower that on sliders to 4 or 3.

:(

I'm just amazed someone would willingly opt to take that punishment besides a true M's fan.

Its a Miguel Cabrera Avatar! And you can have the Mariners as long as I get another team. I just knew some vets had claim on the Tigers and wanted to play with King Felix. Find me another team (not the Pirates or Astros) and we're good

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Square Triangle, your PSN list is full.

Sent out PSN invites to the following people,

pistolpete
goldlion
aneternalengima
kaveman
denogg
jmitchell

The league currently active is still the test league. Only 14 slots, very short season.

So we can stick to using that or do something different?

I'll accept later tonight. My bro is using the PS3 right now.

Top Bottom