• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 12: The Show Online League Thread or How Will PSN Die in 2012?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Whoever the Cardinals owner is (shiv009) I got you next.

I'm going to actually be playing baseball most of the day though, I can go late tonight like 10pm eastern time otherwise tomorrow after work whenever.

Frenchmov i can finish the series today after 4 est. Gotta get some schoolwork done after work but let me know wen u can play. Take a break from it

Shiv47

Whoever the Cardinals owner is (shiv009) I got you next.

I'm going to actually be playing baseball most of the day though, I can go late tonight like 10pm eastern time otherwise tomorrow after work whenever.

Sorry, largely been off the PS3 entirely the last week due to shit just getting crazy busy in real life. I am free tonight from 9EST to midnight or so if you're available. Or I can post here when I'm on.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sorry, largely been off the PS3 entirely the last week due to shit just getting crazy busy in real life. I am free tonight from 9EST to midnight or so if you're available. Or I can post here when I'm on.

Sounds good, see you tonight then.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Shiv gonna have to bail tonight. :(

I'll be available majority of the week around the same time or all day Wednesday.

Shiv2099, are you there? Have you even been on? You're the only one in the league who hasn't accepted my friend request. You're my next opponent.

eznark

Banned
lol this game is so bad

Aside from all the other awfulness yet another game in which the catcher overthrows the first basemen. I think it has happened in 75% of my league games.

Sony San Diego is atrocious and needs to be taken off this game.

Shiv47

Shiv2099, are you there? Have you even been on? You're the only one in the league who hasn't accepted my friend request. You're my next opponent.

Sorry, wasn't aware I had any pending friend requests, thought I had accepted them all. Kave_Man and I are due to play tonight, barring the unforeseen. Should be available either Friday or Saturday and Sunday.

Shiv47

Enigma, I don't have any friend requests in my box from you, can you re-send? Kave_Man, I was around till 10:30 then something came up. Sorry we couldn't get something in.

S1lent

Good series Sanjuro. Fuck those were some tough losses to take, felt like any one of them could have easily gone the other way.

lol this game is so bad

Aside from all the other awfulness yet another game in which the catcher overthrows the first basemen. I think it has happened in 75% of my league games.

Sony San Diego is atrocious and needs to be taken off this game.

yeah that is fucking stupid. this happens at least 2 times a game to me. either my catcher overthrows badly on a dropped 3rd strike, or my 3rd baseman overthrows. i have tried to gently tap the button to throw, tried to bullet it, whatever. just seems like errors are periodically programmed to happen

yeah that is fucking stupid. this happens at least 2 times a game to me. either my catcher overthrows badly on a dropped 3rd strike, or my 3rd baseman overthrows. i have tried to gently tap the button to throw, tried to bullet it, whatever. just seems like errors are periodically programmed to happen

I just interpret those instances as directly correlative to what preceded them.

In the case of a dropped third strike, for instance, you're talking either a wild pitch or a passed ball that has just occurred; the overthrow can be understood as a variational consequence of that event just as much as it might be the catcher himself making a throwing error.

It's the end-result of the play that ultimately matters. For that at-bat, the game determined, for whatever reason, you didn't deserve the out. Maybe you made an ill-advised bullpen move earlier in the inning and an error is the price you pay. Maybe there was a perfect opportunity to pinch-hit a guy who would have made the perfect defensive upgrade the next inning but you whored to keep a big bat in the lineup and paid that price. Maybe that changeup in the dirt was a dumb-as-shit pitch. Whatever the case might be (I'm just making these examples up of course), thinking about it in those terms is a lot more fun than calling "bullshit" when something bad happens.

$.02

eznark

Banned
I just interpret those instances as directly correlative to what preceded them.

In the case of a dropped third strike, for instance, you're talking either a wild pitch or a passed ball that has just occurred; the overthrow can be understood as a variational consequence of that event just as much as it might be the catcher himself making a throwing error.

It's the end-result of the play that ultimately matters. For that at-bat, the game determined, for whatever reason, you didn't deserve the out. Maybe you made an ill-advised bullpen move earlier in the inning and an error is the price you pay. Maybe there was a perfect opportunity to pinch-hit a guy who would have made the perfect defensive upgrade the next inning but you whored to keep a big bat in the lineup and paid that price. Maybe that changeup in the dirt was a dumb-as-shit pitch. Whatever the case might be (I'm just making these examples up of course), thinking about it in those terms is a lot more fun than calling "bullshit" when something bad happens.

$.02

Except that it is bullshit. The most errors made by any catcher in all of 2011 was 13. I guaranty you the vast majority of those were on bad throws on steals that allowed the runner to advance. Overthrows to first on a dropped third strike happen at maybe 1/25th of the times it happens in this terrible game. It's awful and endemic of the overall lack of quality and polish by San Diego, a pathetically inept developer.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Enigma, I don't have any friend requests in my box from you, can you re-send? Kave_Man, I was around till 10:30 then something came up. Sorry we couldn't get something in.

It's all good, I had some problems in the family come up the last few days that had to be sorted out. If you want I'm good to finally play tonight, Saturday morning/afternoon and Sunday afternoon/night.

Mrbob

I'm gone till later tonight. We can play around 9 central as I should be home then.

Except that it is bullshit. The most errors made by any catcher in all of 2011 was 13. I guaranty you the vast majority of those were on bad throws on steals that allowed the runner to advance. Overthrows to first on a dropped third strike happen at maybe 1/25th of the times it happens in this terrible game. It's awful and endemic of the overall lack of quality and polish by San Diego, a pathetically inept developer.

I'd argue the ratio of strike 3 swings in the dirt in this league is much higher than what happens in real life.

Shiv47

It's all good, I had some problems in the family come up the last few days that had to be sorted out. If you want I'm good to finally play tonight, Saturday morning/afternoon and Sunday afternoon/night.

I should be able to do either Saturday or Sunday.

I've got a dinner party til like 8:30 but can play after that. I still have one game against bob that should take priority. I also am downloading the Torchlight II beta right now so.....

I'm awake now, and will be probably until tomorrow afternoon if you and/or Frank get bored and want to hammer a game or three out.

DCX

DCX
Man..I haven't played a game(in what it feels like) weeks. I'm soon going to be rusty :(

Rangers are willing yo play so get at me bros.

DCX

I talked to ajf009 (Pirates owner) and he said he's going through Finals and shit, may back out of the league. If that's the case I'll have to resolve his games... however he did play/win a game so that series has to count.

S1lent

My record isn't good, but I guess I can at least take pride in Jake Peavy having the best ERA in the league so far, ha.

eznark

Banned
Bob quit ducking me

Who do I play after bob? I'd like to get a couple games in today since I'll be home late every night this week

hate to do this bro's but i'm out. i have too much shit going on and too much stuff coming up to be able to play this many games considering i don't actually like the game at all. i know most people don't have much issue with getting hits but its almost impossible for me online.

now all your auto wins against me means you wont need to waste an hour doing it!

Bob quit ducking me

Who do I play after bob? I'd like to get a couple games in today since I'll be home late every night this week

That would be me. Do you have any time to play on weekday mornings? I was about to nap before I have to work and might not be around to play until about 3 or 4 am. If I had the schedule of a normal human, I'd totally be down for losing my three games tonight, but it isn't so.

eznark

Banned
hate to do this bro's but i'm out. i have too much shit going on and too much stuff coming up to be able to play this many games considering i don't actually like the game at all. i know most people don't have much issue with getting hits but its almost impossible for me online.

now all your auto wins against me means you wont need to waste an hour doing it!

You lasted longer than I thought you would. Don't feel bad, this game is fucking garbage.

That would be me. Do you have any time to play on weekday mornings? I was about to nap before I have to work and might not be around to play until about 3 or 4 am. If I had the schedule of a normal human, I'd totally be down for losing my three games tonight, but it isn't so.

Almost never. We're still the series after this one though so we can try to play this weekend?

I have the Pirates next, I guess that is three free wins?

DCX

DCX
I'm never buying this game again. This league should never be made. Its done. Its dead. Leave it dead.

DCX

Top Bottom