• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 12: The Show Online League Thread or How Will PSN Die in 2012?

eznark

Banned
That's odd. I've only had one awesome start with Collmenter. Probably something to do with some of the games I played against Dmncnby2k9 being erased then reentered.

Yeah, his stats are bizarre. I was looking at strikeout numbers because they seem fucking absurd (my pitchers are averaging like 16 k's per game) and saw his 4 wins. WHY ARE YOU CHEATING!!

lol, Sony San Diego is fucking garbage

for new page

Series 3:

Mets (The Frankman) vs. Cubs (Mrbob)
White Sox (S1lent) vs. Red Sox (Sanjuro Tsubaki)
Tigers (Square Triangle) vs. Giants (Corran Horn)
Blue Jays (sext0n) vs. Yankees (pistolpete2940)
Mariners (goldlion054) vs. Rockies (Fenix)
Angels (Dmncnby2k9) vs. Dodgers (FrenchMovieTheme)
Braves (AnEternalEnigma) vs. Cardinals (Shiv47)
Nationals (Kave_Man) vs. Brewers (eznark)
Rangers (DCX) vs. DiamondBacks (acheron_xl)
Padres (ecnaL) vs. Royals (Duane Cunningham)
Pirates (ajf009) vs. Marlins (dantehemi)
Rays (darkside31337) gets 3 Wins

Series 4 (what the League is up to):

Mets (The Frankman) vs. Pirates (ajf009)
Red Sox (Sanjuro Tsubaki) vs. Royals (Duane Cunningham)
Angels (Dmncnby2k9) vs. Giants (Corran Horn)
Tigers (Square Triangle) vs. Yankees (pistolpete2940)
Mariners (goldlion054) vs. Padres (ecnaL)
Nationals (Kave_Man) vs. Cardinals (Shiv47)
Cubs (Mrbob) vs. Brewers (eznark)
Braves (AnEternalEnigma) vs. Rockies (Fenix)
Rangers (DCX) vs. Dodgers (FrenchMovieTheme)
Marlins (dantehemi) vs. DiamondBacks (acheron_xl)
White Sox (S1lent) vs. Rays (darkside31337)
Blue Jays (sext0n) gets 3 Wins

Frank give Encal the victory for the last game in out series. It died on us in the 9th and i was down 2. I'm 99% positive I wouldn't have made up the differential.
gotcha, I'll resolve it as soon as I'm able. Don't want to try simming the games anymore.

ecnal

gotcha, I'll resolve it as soon as I'm able. Don't want to try simming the games anymore.

something weird is going on with that game...

it posted to my overall online w/l and you can see the box score if you view it from my profile, but it hasn't posted to the league.

also, if you look at my player stats or my schedule -- https://www.theshownation.com/leagues/34254/schedule/28 -- it shows that moseley won and gregerson saved, but the losing pitcher is missing and the game shows as not played...

:|

DUANE: you gonna be around later tonight?

It's been reported in patch 1.16 that certain league freezes are happening. So they release another patch to fix the issue and something else gets screwed up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave, can you finish up tonight? I'll be home available by 11.

Definitely, I'll hit the gym right after work so I have the whole night to play our game whenever you're ready.

My body and my strikeouts will be ready for 11.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think you get Greinke tonight!

I'm claiming a victory if I get under 20 strikeouts.

oh lawd, please throw a perfect game again with Grienke. I don't want to be the only one!

Forget Greinke, eznark came close in game 1 of our series. Went into the 7th with a perfect game then I somehow finally managed to get a hit.

My reaction after the hit:

2375254148_3201d51045_o.gif

eznark

Banned
Holy fucking shit Sony. Murder everyone in the San Diego studio and hire someone more competent than monkeys with downs. This is pathetic.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What the fuck is this shit?

I can't seem to be able to play eznark. It keeps saying it fails.

edit:

Honestly fuck this shit!
492.gif

eznark

Banned
wtf let me check this.

EDIT: it says Unplayed. It's not letting you play the game? oh for fuck's sake Sony.

Failing at "waiting for host" like it used to do CONSTANTLY two years ago. This is fucked.

I'm done for the night Kave. I'm going to go actually play a fucking game.

Failing at "waiting for host" like it used to do CONSTANTLY two years ago. This is fucked.

I'm done for the night Kave. I'm going to go actually play a fucking game.
Amazing that it still exists after all this time. And 11 is usually a lower bandwidth traffic period too.

The only thing I can think of besides distance is a possible connection issue, but I severely doubt that. I'm going to look it up and see if anyone else is getting that on the OS bug reporting.

Fenix

At least the lag was good!

I've been in a zone the last few games when hitting, guessed right on an unbelievable number of pitch locations. Normally I'm terrible, I swear!

Play you tomorrow night.

S1lent

Yup good playing with you, you were whacking the ball pretty good that second game. I think once you get a bit more patient at the plate you're going to be tough to beat. Also, stop trying to throw my dudes out at first from right field!

eznark

Banned
Oh btw those series up to 3 are permanently resolved. Gotta get those games in now, Series 4 and beyond.

Hey mrbob let's knock out Game 3 now.

Corran is rejoicing as we speak.

Obviously Kave and I would have played our game if it hadn't been for the incompetent fuckwit's who developed this piece of shit.

Obviously Kave and I would have played our game if it hadn't been for the incompetent fuckwit's who developed this piece of shit.
I still can't believe how bad the patches have borked League/RTTS/Franchise play. The threads I've read are amazing, the one thing that plagued the series is spotty online... now there are bad patches? Geez.

Series 3 is resolved? Or just 1 and 2?
Everything up to 3... actually some Series 3 are open to being resolved, so not all Series 3 games are resolved. My bad.

Try to get Series 4 games in this weekend if you can, usually the lag is much less on weekends. Play 2-3 in a day if you guys have to, I know I will with aj009.
I guess I'm lucky in that the bulk of my online experience (save the statistical weirdness) has been positive.
I know, the challenges I've made on my connection have been 95% all green. However I've had 2 games that froze during the end, luckily the W/L got counted both times.

Top Bottom