• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 12: The Show Online League Thread or How Will PSN Die in 2012?

Dragon

Banned
I should probably get this game but I'm too cheap to buy it for 60 bucks and I don't need the PSVita version. :/

Ok I sent out a bunch of invites to people on my friends list. Please check in the game.

The major thing I'm trying to combat is to work around the online input lag. No one should be getting blown away by 91 MPH fastballs.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
General PS3 question I guess. Can I play on roommates PS3 by signing into my account and DLing the online pass without it using one one of my "devices".

Roomates ps3 is hardline into the router while Im up a flight of stairs.

Still no invite.
I think I know what happened, and it's so STUPID. I think the open spots are slotted, so I sent 6 different people an invite in one of the 5 open slots. Once Corran accepted, it canceled out the other invites....

EDIT: Yep, I sent the new one at the bottom and there you are.

Two spots left, pistolpete will get one. As soon as ecnal accepts my request he should be in, may invite someone else though.

Basically, all I'll need is you guys to play a couple series vs. each other and tell me your thoughts on anything in the game... Pitch Speed/Errors/etc. I've removed some settings and added others.

ecnal

Two spots left, pistolpete will get one. As soon as ecnal accepts my request he should be in, may invite someone else though.

Basically, all I'll need is you guys to play a couple series vs. each other and tell me your thoughts on anything in the game... Pitch Speed/Errors/etc. I've removed some settings and added others.

accepted.

Okay Test League is activated:

Mets - me
Giants - Corran Horn
Padres - ecnal
Texas - Dmncnby2k9
Yankees - Pistolpete
Boston - SanjuroTsubaki

All of us should be on the Google Doc, so check that for PSN names.

If you want to do so this tool is great for posting the boxscores postgame, all I would need is the score, hits, errors, extra basehits, and pitcher stats.

Current Settings that matter/may be tweaked:

Hitting and Pitching: Both HoF
Human Contact: 5
Human Power: 4
Human Timing: 6
Human Foul Frequency: 4
Human Solid Hits: 3
Starter Stamina: 6
Reliever Stamina: 3
Pitcher Control: 3
Pitcher Consistency: 4
Pitch Speed: 3
Fielding Errors: 6
Throwing Errors: 6
Fielder Run Speed: 3
Fielder Reaction: 5
Fielder Arm Strength: 3
Baserunner Speed: 3
Baserunner Steal Ability: 4
Baserunner Steal Frequency: 5
Wind: 4
Injury Frequency: 5
Throwing Meter: OFF

I bolded the throwing meter because with it on the fielders seem to always get rid of the ball ridiculously fast, I've been seeing runners get thrown out at 1st on singles way too much. However, like I said the point of this test league is to try and eliminate the hitting woes due to input lag. Unless a patch comes out quick there are some quick adjustments that should work but I need more Player vs. Player data I can use.

Schedules for Series 1:
Mets (me) vs. Padres (ecnal)
Texas (Dmncnby2k9) vs. Giants (Corran Horn)
Yankees (Pistolpete) vs. Boston (SanjuroTsubaki)

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I get home in like 2-3 hours from work. Im going to try to play my first game via WIFI and see how that goes lag wise then if not I guess ill take the ethernet from my PC to my PS3.

err ecnal, I'll give you a break but in these leagues there is no early stealing. At all. That includes tapping X rapidly to make it look like your batter is checking.

ecnal

err ecnal, I'll give you a break but in these leagues there is no early stealing. At all.

my bad, didn't know we couldn't early steal -- no need to act like i killed your dog. i gave you the out anyways :)

gg.

throwing errors on analog are ridiculous with your sliders. green feedback, pulling the 1B off the bag on routine plays.

you had a bunch of dumb errors in the outfield, and i had a ridiculous error on that pop up near the dugout.

Keep in mind the error system is different this year, all errors are on the player. If you abuse maxing the throw slider with a poor fielder, the chance he'll commit an error is higher. All my sliders did for fielding is move up the frequency a notch, that was it.

I'll monitor it for the series, but my errors were pretty legit. I played a guy out of position, increasing his error rate. The 2nd one... Jason Bay is not really a good outfielder.

ecnal

Keep in mind the error system is different this year, all errors are on the player. If you abuse maxing the throw slider with a poor fielder, the chance he'll commit an error is higher. All my sliders did for fielding is move up the frequency a notch, that was it.

I'll monitor it for the series, but my errors were pretty legit. I played a guy out of position, increasing his error rate. The 2nd one... Jason Bay is not really a good outfielder.

ya, i'm aware.

from earlier in the thread:

ya, that error on a dropped third strike killed you. you were using button throwing, and when you constantly throw max velocity w/ buttons while fielding, your chances for errors increase.

gg tho, pitchers duel for sure. alonso with some clutch hitting.

i've never seen green feedback, lowest throwing velocity, from 2B to 1B result in that many errors. ever.

Sanjuro, let me know when you're ready to get that ass tapped. Don't think I didn't see you celebrating Pineda's injury in mlbgaf

lol andrew bailey

god I hate this game at times. The input lag is KILLING me, there got to be a way to fix this.

EDIT: I hope that patch Russell was talking about happens soon.

Yeah, very frustrating right now. The same crappy thing happened again, I take a lead off third and my runner sprints for home? Same crap was in the game last year... hopefully more people start playing so I can make one adjustments, I know a few are coming once we finish our series.

Rented MLB 11 to compare animations and stuff to see how fast the pitches come in, I'd think more animation in pitching = slightly easier to read pitches. Not the case so far.

ecnal

Yeah, very frustrating right now. The same crappy thing happened again, I take a lead off third and my runner sprints for home? Same crap was in the game last year... hopefully more people start playing so I can make one adjustments, I know a few are coming once we finish our series.

Rented MLB 11 to compare animations and stuff to see how fast the pitches come in, I'd think more animation in pitching = slightly easier to read pitches. Not the case so far.

i think cashman's release might be broken too... i couldn't tell if it was the lag or not. did you notice anything weird?

for me, it kinda looked like the ball was coming out behind his hand rather than right at release?

thought it was just the lag -- you seemed to hit fine against him lol.

i think cashman's release might be broken too... i couldn't tell if it was the lag or not. did you notice anything weird?

for me, it kinda looked like the ball was coming out behind his hand rather than right at release?

thought it was just the lag -- you seemed to hit fine against him lol.
Cashman had some weird speedup going on... it happens with a few animations, it's actually got me thinking that maybe I should instead of using the OSFM Full Minors rosters (which come out in a day of two) maybe use the OSFM Opening Day Rosters, which Knight165 said will be out next Friday-Saturday. That version has pitch/stance/delivery corrections and all the players like Yoenis Cespedes. Plus it gives the other guys time to play games and give be more feedback on the sliders.

Oh BTW, I was just guessing location in the 9th; I just got so tired of being late on everything. I'm literally taking the same Timing swings I have since MLB 09 and I'm missing/Very Late. I dunno if lowering Pitch Speed anymore will even fix it to be honest.

ecnal

Cashman had some weird speedup going on... it happens with a few animations, it's actually got me thinking that maybe I should instead of using the OSFM Full Minors rosters (which come out in a day of two) maybe use the OSFM Opening Day Rosters, which Knight165 said will be out next Friday-Saturday. That version has pitch/stance/delivery corrections and all the players like Yoenis Cespedes. Plus it gives the other guys time to play games and give be more feedback on the sliders.

Oh BTW, I was just guessing location in the 9th; I just got so tired of being late on everything. I'm literally taking the same Timing swings I have since MLB 09 and I'm missing/Very Late. I dunno if lowering Pitch Speed anymore will even fix it to be honest.

i was hoping that the lower pitch speed and/or the slightly larger timing window would help out, but it seems like the effect has been minor.

online gameplay in general so far seems to be plagued by horrible batting timing. i played a guy a couple days ago that started swinging just after i would release the ball and the feedback was showing late... @_@

also, i don't mind waiting for the full opening day rosters from knight if everyone else is fine with that. seems like the league is not going to be very active though -- going by the test league activity (lack thereof) -- and perhaps waiting even longer to start could cause more inactivity.

bjb

Banned
Knight's minor league rosters are scheduled for release this afternoon (I believe).

Worth noting for anyone who hasn't started their Franchise.

bjb

Banned
Knight's roster are available now.

A quick glance and I'm quite impressed. Really nice work by the OS' crew.

Top Bottom