• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

turnbuckle

I don't necessarily think the first person to post in the thread should get the team they asked for so that by no means guarantees I'd get the Tigers. I hadn't even read the thread to see if anyone took them before I said something.

Has games/rules/sets even been figuered out yet? I mean I don't mind the delay since it's giving OS more time to get the Opening Day set out (ripner modded version is ok) but we gotta get this league crankin'. IT BE BASEBALL BABY!!

Sanjuro

I don't really care about OS much. There is no progression, so I'll take the most current rosters possible.

turnbuckle

Online Difficulty Still Messed Up

The issue was the settings aren't actually on what they say they are on. Not sure how it broke but when we change the settings we select Veteran, All-star, etc. but when we select it, it comes out the wrong setting. It needs to be patched because its not a server issue. I've never seen this happen before so it's one of those one off bugs.

I'm in another league right now and the difficulty feels fine, but that's with the commish adjusting sliders. The difficulty in general is messed up from what I've heard, and from what I've experienced in Diamond Dynasty the mode is nearly unplayable. The PCI for average players extends beyond the strike zone, and if you have a good hitter at bat might as well just assume he's going to at least hit a double.

---

Actually sounds like they fixed it already. Hallelujah!

1.21 Patch!

Marleyman

Banned
Online Difficulty Still Messed Up

I'm in another league right now and the difficulty feels fine, but that's with the commish adjusting sliders. The difficulty in general is messed up from what I've heard, and from what I've experienced in Diamond Dynasty the mode is nearly unplayable. The PCI for average players extends beyond the strike zone, and if you have a good hitter at bat might as well just assume he's going to at least hit a double.

---

Actually sounds like they fixed it already. Hallelujah!

1.21 Patch!

Good. I find the whole online league setup confusing as hell. I tried to create one with the OS rosters w/ minor leaguers and it never populates. I have given up on it at this point plus I found out there isn't an online franchise? That is ridiculous.

are you shitting me? are you fucking serious?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH SONY SAN DIEGO?

Why are they getting these fucking errors that weren't in previous incarnations of the the game? Seriously, the codemonkeys are getting worse every year, I'm stunned the online hasn't been complete shit.

turnbuckle

are you shitting me? are you fucking serious?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH SONY SAN DIEGO?

Why are they getting these fucking errors that weren't in previous incarnations of the the game? Seriously, the codemonkeys are getting worse every year, I'm stunned the online hasn't been complete shit.

Dude, this has been the worst version of the Show I've ever played. If you could get rid of all the bugs it'd be the best version of the Show I've ever played by a good margin. That's how bad they've fucked it up.

So much about the game is better this year, but it's more fucked up than SimCity's traffic. or something.

Marleyman

Banned
This game has been completely fine from my experience. It's 100x better than being stuck with 2k.

No doubt, but after all this time they shouldn't have more bugs than previous versions; it should be less. Also, online leagues are a mess IMO and no online franchises? Cmon.

McNei1y

No doubt, but after all this time they shouldn't have more bugs than previous versions; it should be less. Also, online leagues are a mess IMO and no online franchises? Cmon.

I would bet that the core team is more focused on the PS4 version.

I'm sure it's something like this. I've always thought online franchises would be the greatest thing in baseball. I hope the feature is implemented in next year's game.

I haven't seen that episode in forever.

I'm looking forward to this league starting, though.

Sanjuro

Okay, let's get this thing started. Still unsure about the rosters. Either the newly released roster this week, OSFM roster, or the 1989 rosters. What do you guys think?

Still juggling between the final spots. Want to see if everyone on the main list is still in first, that will decide if we go 16 or 18. Goldi and Square need to fight for two-team status!

1. Astros - Smokey

2. Blue Jays - rinse82

3. Braves - storybook

4. Brewers - eznark

5. Cubs - MrBob

6. Diamondbacks - acheron_xl

7. Dodgers - Rorschach

8. Giants - FMT

9. Marlins - ph33nix

10. Mets - Frankman

11. Natinals - McNeily

12. Orioles - Dmncnby

13. Phillies - Zep

14. Royals - Duane Cunningham

15. Tigers - turnbuckle

16. goldi / 17. square / 18. ?

Reserves: kccitystar, kingocfs, Marleyman, FrankWza, jmitchell

turnbuckle

reporting for duty!
OSFM roster preferred, but 1989 could be fun too. How do teams that didn't exist have a 1989 roster?!?!

PSN: Turnbuckle47

eznark

Banned
Wait, what are the 1989 rosters? I get to play with Yount and Molitor? And I get to sit Sheffield's piece of shit ass on the bench? YES PLEASE

Sanjuro

Wait, what are the 1989 rosters? I get to play with Yount and Molitor? And I get to sit Sheffield's piece of shit ass on the bench? YES PLEASE

I'm not sure they have it up for this season yet. Looks like a work in progress, but they've done it for prior seasons. Wouldn't mind rocking Greenwell in left.

eznark

Banned
Wow, weird. I've never heard of that before. I definitely think we should do the most current and correct rosters though.

McNei1y

Wow, weird. I've never heard of that before. I definitely think we should do the most current and correct rosters though.

I agree. It would be cool if we had minor leagues and I could use the Expos roster when they had Bay, Phillips, and Cliff Lee.

Sanjuro

OSFM would be neat if the minor leagues meant anything. I just want the most up to date major league rooster basically.

I still want to chop down the teams a bit.

I'm still in and will fight for an 18 team roster! And 89 rosters would be amazing just to say I got to play against Alan Trammel!

turnbuckle

I'm still in and will fight for an 18 team roster! And 89 rosters would be amazing just to say I got to play against Alan Trammel!

One of my favorite things about Diamond Dyansty when it isn't being a piece of garbage is recreating old Tigers teams. Rob Deer was smashing bombs left and right last year for me.

McNei1y

One of my favorite things about Diamond Dyansty when it isn't being a piece of garbage is recreating old Tigers teams. Rob Deer was smashing bombs left and right last year for me.

I love that about Diamond Dynasty. Everyone loves having mlb players... I love recreating players. I'm using names like BJ Surhoff, Walter White, Stone Cold, and Dolph Ziggler.

McNei1y

I don't know how the leaderboards or the all star stuff worked but I felt like one of my guys deserved to be in. He was batting .438 with 32 homers. To bad his games ran out. I wanted to keep that guy around.

turnbuckle

I don't know how the leaderboards or the all star stuff worked but I felt like one of my guys deserved to be in. He was batting .438 with 32 homers. To bad his games ran out. I wanted to keep that guy around.

Nobody really knows wtf is up with that. I've had players go 4-4 in a game and get +2000 fan support while actually losing player rating points.

I pitched a no-hitter last year with a lefty reliever (he was a starting pitcher, but I put him in the bullpen and had him come in the beginning of the game if my opponent was putting all their points towards batting against righties). He got a lot of fan support but lost player rating points too. It was actually a no hitter, no walk performance but an error and a dropped third strike gave my opponent a couple of runners.

McNei1y

Nobody really knows wtf is up with that. I've had players go 4-4 in a game and get +2000 fan support while actually losing player rating points.

I pitched a no-hitter last year with a lefty reliever (he was a starting pitcher, but I put him in the bullpen and had him come in the beginning of the game if my opponent was putting all their points towards batting against righties). He got a lot of fan support but lost player rating points too. It was actually a no hitter, no walk performance but an error and a dropped third strike gave my opponent a couple of runners.

That doesn't make any sense. I wish they were at least able to remember players that faded into the abyss after their available games counter reached zero. I mean that guy may have put up some of the best stats in 30-35 games but it will never be seen again because he was deleted. His player rating was like 1630 too. Too bad I'm stuck in the DS division.

ripner's OSFM roster v1.0 would be the best. It's the OSFM roster with the AL/NL fixed of all bugs.

Almost done with a working slider set, should take a few more days of testing. Thanks for kicking my ass dmncby2k9 and Mr. Enigma!
OSFM would be neat if the minor leagues meant anything. I just want the most up to date major league rooster basically.
... you still didn't talk to Zep yet?

McNei1y

ripner's OSFM roster v1.0 would be the best. It's the OSFM roster with the AL/NL fixed of all bugs.

Almost done with a working slider set, should take a few more days of testing. Thanks for kicking my ass dmncby2k9 and Mr. Enigma!

There's minor leaguers? Since when?

Top Bottom