• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

There's minor leaguers? Since when?
... since awhile ago?

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...on-sports-full-minors-2013-edition-v-1-a.html
ffs, he spoke to me. We're not doing that.
What? Works perfect, full minor league progression and minor league players/attributes improve so A/AA gems eventually become ML worthy.

g15PG2u.png

Essentially, it allows us to do a true Online Franchise League. First year you use the base OSFM roster, then load the AUTO progressed roster the 2nd League. It's something that should've been in the game already and is in other sports games, people have been bitching for years for that.

McNei1y

After reading it a couple of times, it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Either way, I'm up for whichever. I'm fine with just starting with regular rosters though.

Sanjuro

That sounds all great and dandy, but we don't have a stable enough community for that. I much rather focus on getting things going and actually playing some games together.

I'm not sure everyone will stick around for season one, I'm positive some people won't be back for season two. Not looking to make things complicated. Just get some good games in.

McNei1y

That sounds all great and dandy, but we don't have a stable enough community for that. I much rather focus on getting things going and actually playing some games together.

I'm not sure everyone will stick around for season one, I'm positive some people won't be back for season two. Not looking to make things complicated. Just get some good games in.

That's what I was thinking. I'd rather just get a successful season or two in.

im with you on that bruh. this isn't madden we're talking about! i just want to play some fucking games!

It has nothing to do with other people though. The same process for loading the roster for the 1st season is the same as the 2nd season, there is no excess work. It also doesn't matter who plays with what team, so I don't quite get that. Basically, all one person (yes, one person) does is autosim with the roster for 1 season, then send you the file to upload... aka the same process you'd be using to upload a roster for Season 1.

Don't get where you guys are seeing this as tons o' work.

Sanjuro

It has nothing to do with other people though. The same process for loading the roster for the 1st season is the same as the 2nd season, there is no excess work. It also doesn't matter who plays with what team, so I don't quite get that. Basically, all one person (yes, one person) does is autosim with the roster for 1 season, then send you the file to upload... aka the same process you'd be using to upload a roster for Season 1.

Don't get where you guys are seeing this as tons o' work.

I don't see tons, just see work. Also, nobody really cares.

turnbuckle

That's how I feel about it. I think what Frankman posted sounds awesome but it's probably better left for a time when we feel we can reliably keep a league together. Maybe it's less complicated than it sounds, but bottom line is the quicker this thing gets going the better. Wait too long and interest will die down; get too bogged down by details of sliders and settings and people will lose interest. It all just sounds like a headache for the commish, even if it sounds easy enough to do on paper...which in this case it sounds more awesome than easy on paper anyways.

Sanjuro

League is up!

Titled "NeoGAF Online League v.1"

Someone is going to have to hit the chopping block, going to go with a 16 player league over 18. Even sixteen feels a bit too much.

So, everyone start joining. The odd person out will be top of the reserves.

turnbuckle

At work atm, gonna be busy tonight but I'll see if I can get my roommate to accept the invitation so I'm not holding anyone up.

Will we be able to play ahead of schedule? The one year I remember being most successful was I think in 2010 and we were allowed to play ahead at least 3-4 series.

I should be on tomorrow for awhile. If I don't see any league opponents I'll probably be hanging out in DD, but send me a message if you see me online and looking for a league game.

Sanjuro

Going to need more people on friends list and such. Sent out as many invites as I can, others are going to need to add me to your friends list or request to join.

Top Bottom