• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2K7 League thread

KarishBHR

Big Zep said:
1. When its running its great
2. When I say so, baby!
3. Long as you dont play franchise mode.
4. They suck.

Do the tigers really suck in this game? And what do you mean when it's running? Why have all reviews complained about lag

Zep

Banned
KarishBHR said:
Do the tigers really suck in this game? And what do you mean when it's running? Why have all reviews complained about lag

Was kidding about them sucking. And the reviews are bullshit...game already runs at 30fps and thats the only lag you'll see. It's fine.

KarishBHR said:

I all ready have the Tigers, but you can battle me for them if you really want. I'm a big Tigers fan (went to 8 games last year) as I'm sure you are...

I'm writing this from a hotel in Florida, I'll be back Friday if you wanna play me for them.

Zep

Banned
chill on the challenging...wont be any battles for teams yet. Still a week/half away from starting the league.

Zep

Banned
storybook77 said:
I, for one, can't wait so that I can get my revenge on Ryan Howard. :lol

howardew7.jpg

Howard bringing sexy back.

Zep

Banned
KarishBHR said:
Woa woa... how did I lose my spot as the tigers, as of a mere few days ago I was supposed to be the tigers!

Hmmm...I posted the link in my MLB thread(gaming) pointing to the online forum. Not so much as you losing them but right now Chris is the owner(and said he'll play you for them). Don't take this the wrong way but I trust him more than you because hes done leagues and finished them out. So like what was said before, you'll play for them when i give the go ahead.

This tournament will be finished out before the weekend is over...that much I know. We might have another depending on peoples feelings and getting familiar with the game.

KarishBHR said:
Woa woa... how did I lose my spot as the tigers, as of a mere few days ago I was supposed to be the tigers!

Dude, you gameflyed the game and haven't even posted in here until tonight. I went out and bought the game and have been practicing against people in this thread since the day it came out. Half the people that were listed in that previous thread decided not to get the game, so I thought we were starting over and I made my pick (go to the first page of this thread, first reply).

I've been an active member in several leagues here, I'm not just some random dude who wants to join up.

Dez

Is there any way to check swing with the swing stick? I see in the manual you're supposed to press down on the stick after letting go.. does that actually work? I haven't had any luck with it.

KarishBHR

ChrisJames said:
Dude, you gameflyed the game and haven't even posted in here until tonight. I went out and bought the game and have been practicing against people in this thread since the day it came out. Half the people that were listed in that previous thread decided not to get the game, so I thought we were starting over and I made my pick (go to the first page of this thread, first reply).

I've been an active member in several leagues here, I'm not just some random dude who wants to join up.

Im not super pissed... chill.

Ok, so if we play for the Tigers, and I lose... what happens, am I just not in the league?

Andokuky

Banned
sext0n said:
if anybody wants to play, I've taken the day off of work. I'll be on LIVE, so just send a message there.

I'd play, but the 2K service appears to be down. Can't even validate my roster. Anyone else getting the same thing?

Fatalah

I found this over at operationsports' forum. I'm loving this guy's sliders--they're making the game so much more playable in a lot of ways. It's kind of weird that 2K doesn't have the game playing like this out of the box. Some argue the devs are getting lazy and leaving it up to us to configure the game. Well, whatever the case, try these out.

Heelfan's Allstar / Classic Swing Sliders (360)
These are for Classic Swing. Not sure how they would work with the hit stick.

A lot of these are default settings so you don't have to change too much.

Player Options
Batter Contact: 30
Batter Power: 0******************
Batter Influence: 25***************
Power Swing: 0
Step Influence: 0
Pitcher Difficulty: 50
Batter Bunt Assistance: 40
Batter Bunt for Hit: 30
Runner Baserunning Spd: 100***************
Runner Stealing Success: 55
Infielder Errors: 75*******************
Outfielder Errors: 75******************
Infielder Speed: 25
Outfielder Speed: 35
Catcher Throw Speed: 0
Infielder Throw Speed: 0
Outfielder Throw Speed: 0
Infielder Reaction Speed: 35
Outfielder Reaction Speed: 35
Fielder Spd Burst Length: 0
Fielder Spd Burst Power: 0
Fielding Aggression: 25
Pitcher Fatigue: 35
Pitcher Interface Speed: 100
Injuries: 50
Pitch Speed: 65

AI General Options:
AI Infield Errors: 75******************
AI Outfield Errors: 75****************
AI Infielder Speed: 25
AI Outfielder Speed: 35
AI Catcher Throw Speed: 0
AI Infielder Throw Speed: 0
AI Outfielder Throw Speed: 0
AI Fielding Aggression: 20
AI Throwing Aggression: 50
AI Hit n Run: 75********************
AI Sacrifice Bunt: 75
AI Squeeze: 50
AI Run Aggression: 85******************
AI Stealing Success: 60
AI Steal 2nd: 60
AI Steal 3rd: 40
AI Steal Home: 20
AI Diveback: 50

AI Batting Options:
AI Take Strike Overall: 55
AI Take Strike Ahead: 55
AI Take Strike Behind: 55
AI Take Ball Overall: 45
AI Take Ball Ahead: 45
AI Take Ball Behind: 45
AI Skill: 10
AI Contact: 50*****************
AI Power: 55
AI Bunt For Hit: 40
AI Pitcher Difficulty: 65
AI Effectiveness MOD: 75

AI Pitching Options:
AI Corner: 60
AI Change Speed: 70
AI Throw Strike Overall: 35
AI Throw Strike Ahead: 50
AI Throw Strike Behind: 65
AI Fatigue: 65
AI Pickoff: 50
AI Pitchout: 50
AI Meat Pitch: 30

Presentation
Strike Zone: Always Off
Keep Fielder In View: Off

*You can probably get away with leaving the contact/power slider alone and just keep moving up the AI Slider till the cpu is hitting like you want them to.

AkaBalla

Fatalah said:
I found this over at operationsports' forum. I'm loving this guy's sliders--they're making the game so much more playable in a lot of ways. It's kind of weird that 2K doesn't have the game playing like this out of the box. Some argue the devs are getting lazy and leaving it up to us to configure the game. Well, whatever the case, try these out.

The majority use the swing stick, I however use the Classic option.. As it notes these sliders are for classic... I'm in favor of these for a NEO GAF Classic league.. lol

Fatalah

AkaBalla said:
The majority use the swing stick, I however use the Classic option.. As it notes these sliders are for classic... I'm in favor of these for a NEO GAF Classic league.. lol

Well, have you tried them yet? They're fantastico!

Zep

Banned
Some new rules for the next round and beyond:

1)No having "Batters Eye" on at all times. Keep it off and "click" the left analog stick to see your placement. It's just to easy for you to sit and move it at your pleasure, and everyone else goes the default way(sorry kobex).

Zep

Banned
Ok tourny advanced...

Marlins v. La Angels

Phillies v. Yankees

Also let me know what you guys think about doing another tournament? Or shall we just go ahead to starting the league.

Andokuky

Banned
I use the stick but just wondering, why the ban on classic? Is it easier to hit?

I vote to just get the league going.

Zep

Banned
Andokuky said:
I use the stick but just wondering, why the ban on classic? Is it easier to hit?

I vote to just get the league going.

I want everybody on a level playing field. Just vision cone in Madden being mandatory.. No idea if classic is easier, tried it, didnt like it.

Cloudy

Banned
I want everybody on a level playing field.

Then have everyone use classic! Just cos you don't like it doesn't mean others who like it should be forced to use it.

I'm NOT using swing stick. Have fun with the league...

PS: the only people who should be afraid of batter's eye on auto are folks who wanna throw garbage all day...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"PS: the only people who should be afraid of batter's eye on auto are folks who wanna throw garbage all day..."

:lol not this again

As for me I could care less if anyone uses classic,its the worse way to hit,but it should be their choice.

Batters eye is a piece of poop because I believe it glitch's every now and then online and if you slow down the pitch speed that should make it even easier to hit.

Btw Konex...who is throwing this so called garbage? What players here,I would honestly like to know.Ive played Chris,he pitches the right way,I played you the first game and you pitched normal,2nd game before the bizzare shit went down you were pitching lower to me but that doesnt bother me,I swing at shit its my fault.Dm is just wild and needs to practice and Zep pitches the right way.

And I dont throw garbage.

AkaBalla

No Classic stick? Its called Classic for a reason.. Every Baseball game (Baseball Stars, RBI, Bases Loaded, MVP and whatever other games) made prior to this one always had the classic swing.

I dont agree that you can ban the classic stick.. Thats BS..

Someone else can have my Sox i'm out.

I'll give this a shot. Chances are I'll stick in the league but I'm going to keep getting destroyed.

What's the rule with hitters eye? Just leave hitters eye in the middle or something?

DCX

DCX
:lol So ok now that Batter's Eye/Classic Swing guys are out, CK ad I will play for the Yanks. Loser gets Bo Sox, sounds good? Zep? Reuling.

DCX

MickeyPhree

I don't know if I was gonna be invited in(I was the cubs in the tourney), but I'm going to bow out. Like using the classic batting too much. Somebody else take the cubbies, they are great!

And those sliders that were posted above are great. I've been using those on my offline season; I tend to get results close to actual games with them. No homeruns unless it truthly is a bad pitch!

AkaBalla

Ill also mention with batter's eye, i dont care if its alllowed or not but it only works if 1. you guess where the pitch is going and 2. if the pitcher doesnt throw a flawless pitch (like throwing a perfect pitch by hitting the icons at the perfect spot it wont work if you guess where the pitch is going).

Bums :)

AkaBalla

DCX said:
:lol So ok now that Batter's Eye/Classic Swing guys are out,

DCX

I know your happy about that, that im gone. No more whooping your ass in any games anymore. At least i wont hear any complaining...:lol

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
Ill also mention with batter's eye, i dont care if its alllowed or not but it only works if 1. you guess where the pitch is going and 2. if the pitcher doesnt throw a flawless pitch (like throwing a perfect pitch by hitting the icons at the perfect spot).
I will say that is true. Still, with it on all the time it gives the hitter a better chance at guessing said pitch, more so than not having it turned on. Swing Stick is a must IMO. It's a big mechanic in the game and it rewards you for timing and momentum and it gives more options to control your swing and bat, and Shawn knows what i'm talking about which is why he secrectly hopes everyone in the league chooses Classic.

Garbage pitching. Ok, i pitch the game my catcher calls for me. He calls for pitches out of the zone, i go for it. On 0-2 counts you have three chances to strikeout your opponent. Most of the time, 0-2, 1-2, 2-2 pitches ARE garbage. They want to see if the hitter isn't discipline and swing at anything. 3-0, 3-1, even 3-2 counts. Expect a really good pitch to hit. Again this is basic baseball. One game against Boston i was told " How many balls do you throws????????? " I told him the same i told you guys, my catcher calls my game. After a while if i'm in the zone i will call my own pitches and locations. Another thing, with off speed pitches sliders, sinkers and whatnot, sometimes they get away from you, sometimes your timing is off and the shit hits the dirt, or it's way inside etc. Again happens to best of pitchers also but don't think i aimed it there.

Just be patient as a hitter, make your pitches play good D and you will win. Learn the swing stick, trust me you will agree it's better than classic. Classic is like playing Street Fighter 2 with the SNES pad, could you do it, yeah, practical no...not better than a 6 button Arcade Stick. So yeah, let me know Konex if u are flaking because Wellie and I will play for the Yanks. Aka, same with you, if you are out...i think the Bo-Sox will make a nasty consolation prize between CK and I.

DCX

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
I know your happy about that, that im gone. No more whooping your ass in any games anymore. At least i wont hear any complaining...:lol
Please, i own you in MLB anyway, and you were the first bitching when i killed you in NBA with the Knicks, so much so you had me called out for Hop stepping, yet you continue to be the worse offender of AI abuse i have ever seen. I would hate for you to bow down cuase competition is good, but i like games to be played the way they were meant to be played. I'm sure you make up your own rules in Monopoly too :D

DCX

AkaBalla

DCX said:
Please, i own you in MLB anyway, and you were the first bitching when i killed you in NBA with the Knicks, so much so you had me called out for Hop stepping, yet you continue to be the worse offender of AI abuse i have ever seen. I would hate for you to bow down cuase competition is good, but i like games to be played the way they were meant to be played. I'm sure you make up your own rules in Monopoly too :D

DCX

You and Truelize are the only one's with a plm with my NBA game. Enough said. Truelize is a sore loser it seems as you arent, but you still get bothered by my skillz.

The hop stepping is another issue, the whole league agreed with it not just me. If the whole league agreed with my NBA game then thats a different story. Its done..

AkaBalla

As for the balls/strikes ratio i think Zep posted league rules saying that 80% or so is acceptable. (not sure of the exact rule or the %).

I dont blame you for letting your catcher call the game thats fine.

I do however recall a game with Shawn where he threw 71% strikes which was 32 balls and not to mention the garbage pitches i swung at (maybe another 20 balls). He actually had his settings on breakpoint instead of pinpoint, which makes a difference for locating. He said he will checkout the pinpoint feature. It was discussed liked men and not a shot at either of us, in which it could have gotten ugly. I compliment Shawn for his sportsmanship. It was only a tournament game and spring traing, we need to figure out the mechanics of the game before the real season starts.

On curve balls with the break point, if you throw a curve and put the icon directly down the middle it will break and wont hit the catchers mit. On pinpoint, wherever you locate your icon thats where the ball will end up.

Zep

Banned
:lol @ The fallout due to using Swing Stick. Amazing.

If the fallout is that serious over "classic" batting, then i'll allow it, for now.

I'm just wondering (not bitching!) if classic batting is supposedly worse, why take it away?

As for the pitch thing, I will throw balls to try to get you to bite. I think my strike/ball ratio is 80/20%...or at least Konex says so.

I mean, I don't want to have to wonder if I'm pissing off my opponent cause I've thrown too many balls. The point of pitching is to not let them have a chance to score right?

AkaBalla

pheeniks said:
I mean, I don't want to have to wonder if I'm pissing off my opponent cause I've thrown too many balls. The point of pitching is to not let them have a chance to score right?

Of course it is but tell me your ace's walk to SO ratio in real life. Take Schilling for instance, he rarely ever throws a ball and if he does its done for a reason. He has faced the most patient hitters in the game and never dug himself (many times) in the hole or even had a 3-2 count the majority of the time.

I understand the mindset of throwing balls to strike your opponet out but like i said, pitchers dont throw balls and if they do it's because they suck and cant locate or it's done for a reason 1-2 times at an AT BAT..

AkaBalla

Big Zep said:
:lol @ The fallout due to using Swing Stick. Amazing.

How many dropped out 3? 2 of them are reliable owners who will finish a season.. Good luck there Zep i hope you have replacements lineing up..:lol

AkaBalla said:
Of course it is but tell me your ace's walk to SO ratio in real life. Take Schilling for instance, he rarely ever throws a ball and if he does its done for a reason. He has faced the most patient hitters in the game and never dug himself (many times) in the hole or even had a 3-2 count the majority of the time.

I understand the mindset of throwing balls to strike your opponet out but like i said, pitchers dont throw balls and if they do it's because they suck and cant locate or it's done for a reason 1-2 times at an AT BAT..

I just feel like if I throw a lot of strikes, people would just be able to swing away at pretty much every pitch and I'd be totally screwed.

I just want to pitch by instinct...I don't want to have to keep track of my ratio you know??

Dazzyman

Just to let JPN PS3 owners know it works fine on it (as their was rumours on official forum it didnt). Ive only had chance to play one game (as Im in UK and it took a few days to get here) and it seems much better than last years (only got chance to play that on xbox as stupid 360 1 was region coded like this years). It is abit framey on PS3 but not enough to destroy it. Pitching will take abit of getting used to but I was doing fine on my game. I used classic swing to test it and got 5HR's but I will be changing to pull back and release when I get used to it control (I aint using pap sixaxis one though thankyou). :)

Oh and it pees me off that they dont release em in UK, really is nowt stopping 2k from releasing all versions region free (I would have bought it on 360).

Zep

Banned
read my edit above...

Hitters eye "always' being on is gone definately though...

As for pitching %...Im not doing anything until people lay off pitches and show me the amount of balls being thrown. I cant go off assumptions, like I told people already.

AkaBalla

pheeniks said:
I just feel like if I throw a lot of strikes, people would just be able to swing away at pretty much every pitch and I'd be totally screwed.

I just want to pitch by instinct...I don't want to have to keep track of my ratio you know??

I pitch games with an average of 92 % of strikes i even threw 98% vs Shawn and only lost 10-6. We hit 13 Homeruns however and that slider needs to be fixed. I'm confortable pitching a majority strike game, i guarentee i'll keep it competitive, but thats just me

Zep did you leave the swing and power to 5? or you just moved it up again?

Top Bottom