• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2K7 League thread

Cloudy said:
We are swinging too much cos we are guessing instead of watching the pitch release :lol

:lol Sometimes every ball looks like a beach ball down the middle.

But it IS a beach ball if you're pitching to Cabrera.

*Konex IBB Cabrera twice in our game after I took him yard twice. He was smart.

Is first round of tourney done? Do I get to play the mighty Rangers?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone want to play a practice game?

I'll be in the tourney room.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
i guess im too late for the league, but i picked up the game today and i'd like to get some of you on my friends list.. gamertag: sefskillz

Andokuky

Banned
GG CJ.

Why were all 3 of my pitchers who beaned a batter ejected? 2 of them were barely hit on the leg. I thought I was going to have to start using starters, I was on my closer and he was my last non starter :lol I was just thinking to myself, "this is just going to come down to who gets a lucky hit" and Tex knocks the first pitch he sees out of the park to win it. A lot of ground balls in this game... has the power slider already been dropped or is that something happening after the tourney?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Too late for the tourney sefskillz,but not the league I believe,we havent even started that.

Konex round two of the tourney is ready,lets ball!

Andokuky said:
GG CJ.

Why were all 3 of my pitchers who beaned a batter ejected? 2 of them were barely hit on the leg. I thought I was going to have to start using starters, I was on my closer and he was my last non starter :lol I was just thinking to myself, "this is just going to come down to who gets a lucky hit" and Tex knocks the first pitch he sees out of the park to win it. A lot of ground balls in this game... has the power slider already been dropped or is that something happening after the tourney?

Yeah, very good game. I thought we were going to be playing all night. I'm pretty sure the power settings were turned down all ready, otherwise the score probably would have been 3-2 instead of 1-0.

We're going to have an awesome league, I can't wait to get it started :D

Matrix

We have to use a different starter in the 2nd round?

Matrix

WTF IS THIS HITTERS EYE BS KONEX IS USING

Matrix

No you didnt.

This is horse shit and shouldnt be allowed,no wonder you are hitting hrs every at bat...damn thing shows up when I throw low,high and its annoying as hell having a super huge white circle in my zone every time I throw

and somehow I cant get your live messages,saying communications are blocked send new friends request

I would have seen it when Roy was picthing,I had no giant white circle in my pitching zone and you never changed settings in our game other than to hit with classic control

Cloudy

Banned
WTF, I have used this in every game. It doesn't show you pitches unless you guess right. Let's finish the game, man..

Matrix

read my post above,i added a line,im not finishing this crap and im not playing a tourney or league game with guess the pitch bs on

take the win

Matrix said:
read my post above,i added a line,im not finishing this crap and im not playing a tourney or league game with guess the picth bs on

take the win

You haven't been using the batter's eye? I thought that everyone used it...unless there's something else that Konex is doing.

Cloudy

Banned
OMG, another quitter :(

Dude, I always have it on. Ask anyone I've played. The only difference now is that Oswalt isn't pitching :lol

It doesn't give away pitch locations btw. It just protects a certain zone. If you guess a spot in the k-zone and the pitch goes there, you see it...

Cloudy

Banned
You haven't been using the batter's eye? I thought that everyone used it...unless there's something else that Konex is doing.

Matrix is my boy but he's full of crap on this. It's on by default even :lol

Andokuky

Banned
Yea everyone uses batters eye and the league would suck ass without it. That feature really helps against people who throw a lot of balls.

You really didn't know about it? Konex probably has a lot of batters with big vision spots because he's the soulless Yankees but with good pitching you can shrink them down to a size smaller than the baseball.

Matrix

Konex you dont seem to be understanding me,everytime before I would even pitch the ball I had a giant white circle in the strikezone,our game yesterday had no such thing.Im sorry but you didnt put any guess the pitch shit on when we played,you simply changed to classic batting control and thats all.

Im going to read the instruction booklet and this has nothing to do with me pitching with Roy O.

Cloudy said:
Matrix is my boy but he's full of crap on this. It's on by default even :lol

Yeah, Matrix is a good guy, one of my fave gaffers, but the batter's eye is a cool feature imo. I think Ando's probably right; Konex's team is so good that most of his guys probably have insane batter's eye's.

It's ok Matrix, I still love you :)

edit: after reading Matrix' last post, maybe Konex was clicking in the left stick so that he could see where the B.E. was (I think it shows up for the pitcher too when you do that). In that case though, just throw it where the white circle isn't at (unless it really does take up the whole damn strike zone :D )

Cloudy

Banned
Konex you dont seem to be understanding me,everytime before I would even pitch the ball I had a giant white circle in the strikezone,our game yesterday had no such thing.Im sorry but you didnt put any guess the pitch shit on when we played,you simply changed to classic batting control and thats all.

I swear I've always used this and I assume everyone else does too. Even from last year. Ask anyone I've played besides you :lol

And the spot is there to show you where I was guessing so you can adjust your next pitch. If you had it off in our last game, you wouldn't be able to see it...

PS: It's best used to look for garbage pitches outside the zone if you notice the pitcher's tendency to throw balls to certain spot...

Matrix

Thats what Konex was doing which was ****ing me up,I just read the instructions,you were making me see the batters eye which in turn was causing me to not be able to pitch at all.

Or you were doing it by mistake.

How can I pitch when I have this giant white circle in my zone.

Cloudy

Banned
edit: after reading Matrix' last post, maybe Konex was clicking in the left stick so that he could see where the B.E. was (I think it shows up for the pitcher too when you do that). In that case though, just throw it where the white circle isn't at (unless it really does take up the whole damn strike zone )

No, I don't click the stick. I just have it turned on in settings. He didn't notice but all I adjusted besides batting style was vibration since my batteries are dying :lol

PS: I don't think you can make the pitcher see it unless he has it turned on. Again, I did nothing different in our game yesterday...

Matrix

Well I wasnt clicking anything and no way could I pitch when the damn thing was blocking most of the strikezone.

Im going to play the cpu and test it out...Jennings vs the yankees

I dont normally quit and Ive never quit on Konex before,but something was off and im trying to figure it out

Matrix

This is what I saw all game against Konex when we played the night before and this is what I always see when I face the cpu before I pitch,I just took this pic using the tourney settings with hitters eye on/and off....

pict0035bm4.jpg

Tonight against Konex I had this huge ass white circle taking up the zone before I even released the pitch.

Matrix

ChrisJames said:
You don't feel like playing a practice game do you Matrix? You can use Roy...

Yea we can play a practice game and I dont care about using Roy,I actually want to see if it happens again in the tourney lobby.

I played 4 random games tonight before the game against konex and didnt have that issue,I want to see if something has changed.

Matrix said:
Yea we can play a practice game and I dont care about using Roy,I actually want to see if it happens again in the tourney lobby.

I played 4 random games tonight before the game against konex and didnt have that issue,I want to see if something has changed.

OK, I'll be right there.

Matrix

Ok just played a full 9 inning game against Chris in the tourney room and not once did I have a giant white circle before I pitched.

Either Konex was doing something or the game was glitched,now Im kinda ticked I gave Konex the free win.

I know I wouldnt have given up 4 hrs or more in like 1 inning if I didnt have that stupid ass white circle in my view.

edit- im not sure what to think

I did keep my hitters eye off and still scored against Chris,hitters eye is for girls :p

Matrix said:
edit- im not sure what to think

I did keep my hitters eye off and still scored against Chris,hitters eye is for girls :p

Yeah, you scored what, 14-15 times? Thanks for kicking my ass Matrix :( I'll blame that one on Verlander, Kenny would never do that to me :) And boy did I **** up that double switch, taking out Sheffield and putting in Monroe as the pitcher (oops).

Matrix

:lol Sorry,yea I felt bad when you made that switch,I knew you did that shit by mistake

I'm still really pissed about the game with Konex,total bs

Did you have hitters eye on Chris?

Matrix said:
Did you have hitters eye on Chris?

Yeah, I was using it...

and at this pace the thread will be renamed the Chris and Matrix League thread :lol

edit: I'm going to get some sleep. I'm going to FLA tomorrow, so I won't be posting in here 'til Friday. I hope you guys don't miss me too much :)

p.s. If there's any of you in the Orlando area we need to have a partay this week :)

Matrix

:lol

Chris did you once click in anything? Cause like I said it didnt happen again and I want to rule that out

So if you clicked it that would mean it has no effect on the opposing pitcher

I'll get my revenge on Konex's fluke hr fest

>_< im going to sleep,tainted tourney!

bluemax

Banned
I played Konex and he used the batters eye the whole game, he has a lot of overrated sluggers with big batters eyes so he doesnt have to guess well to find where you're throwing, just close.

He also gives away where he's looking with it a lot so if you watch for it you can fool him. Shrug.

The batters eye is nice for players with huge ones, but kinda meh for other players.

Matrix

It's not the fact that he used batters eye,because now I know everyone likes to use it but me.

It's the issue with the batters eye circle being there the whole time,taking up the strikezone before he even guessed a pitch.

If you see from my above pic,that's what I normally have in front of me when I'm about to pitch.I didnt have that against him and I did the last time we played.Every game I have played offline and online against people it's been like this until this game :\

It either glitched/Konex knows something no one else knows how to do or he did something by mistake.

I hate coming off as a ahole,but no one and I dont care if you're using the Yankees will hit 5 hrs off of me in less than 2 innings unless something is off.

Zep

Banned
I partly blame that game on me...Player contact was increased due to complaints of "too many strikeouts"...And Konex hitting Hr's is a little troubling because i decreased the "power swing" mechanic from 50 to 20.

You guys shall play that game again, sorry kobex.

Matrix

Big Zep said:
I partly blame that game on me...Player contact was increased due to complaints of "too many strikeouts"...And Konex hitting Hr's is a little troubling because i decreased the "power swing" mechanic from 50 to 20.

You guys shall play that game again, sorry kobex.

haha like I said he wouldnt have hit 5 hrs against me in less than 2 innings if it wasnt cause of the glitch or whatever it was screwing my pitching.

Power swing at 20 and he hits 5 hrs and power swing at 50 and he hits none against me :lol

Ck,whoever wants to use it should be able to.

Zep

Banned
well matrix...theres a slider for hitting against good pitchers and thats currently on default.

I'm thinking his batters eye got that big due to:

1)Having the Yankees
2)Going against a pitcher who isnt well known.

Matrix

Yea his batter eye was huge when he guessed right but I couldnt even see my break points cause the circle was already up before I pitched the ball :\ No batters eye circle should be displayed before a pitch is even thrown.

I dont have to play Konex again,he can have the win since I did quit on him.I just dont want this shit to happen again because it's absurd.

I really feel it was some glitch on the server side or something cause I played Chris after in the tourney room and the game was fine and Jennings went 5 or 6 innings against the Tigers and gave up only 1 long ball into the crawford boxes.

edit-

:lol @ the 2k feeback Konex left me...abuses exploits :lol :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Alright so what should I be using to practice? The default all-star sliders only with power swing set to 20?

Been playing on pro to get used to the game, and man I can't score for shit. It took me to the ninth inning of my first game, 2 outs, to score my first run. :lol The pitching mechanics are the same from last year's game so I don't have trouble with that, it's just the hitting with the swing stick that has taken me a long time to get used to. I wish there was a batting practice mode, as it is they lob softball pitches at you in the Home Run derby.

If anyone wants to beat the crap out of me tonight, I am down. (Before or after Heroes.)

Ando..I might be able to play tonight around 7 CT. Or after 24, which is 8-9 CT.

Konex hit an assload of homers from me, and two of them were out of the strike zone...but what can I say?

"BRONX BOMBERS!" "PAY-ROD!"
-Konex2k4

Let's stop the complaining (this isn't a shot at you matrix) and TAKE DOWN THE EVIL EMPIRE

Matrix

pheeniks said:
Let's stop the complaining (this isn't a shot at you matrix) and TAKE DOWN THE EVIL EMPIRE

I will never stop complaining and with that...

"Would you care to step outside Pheeniks!?"
supes2a2cp.jpg

MickeyPhree

I don't know what it is about this game; I'll be cruising along, doing very well with my pitching, until I come to the fifth inning. No matter who I'm playing, no matter if my pitcher has good stamina.....the oppossing team decides to hit the baseball like it's a tennis ball.

Still alot of fun....just can't figure out this fifth inning thing :D

Andokuky

Banned
pheeniks said:
Ando..I might be able to play tonight around 7 CT. Or after 24, which is 8-9 CT.

Konex hit an assload of homers from me, and two of them were out of the strike zone...but what can I say?

"BRONX BOMBERS!" "PAY-ROD!"
-Konex2k4

I'll be at work until 10pm CST or so. If you can go later than that I should be good to play.

Top Bottom