• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2K7 League thread

DCX

DCX
Konex and his borrowed Yankees VS my Indians... 1-0 SHUTOUT!! Yanks over-- i mean Konex over-rated!!

DCX

I think the hitter eye is fine only when the player initiates it himself by clicking in the left analog stick. I initially did not know what Matrix was talking about, but if someone has their batting eye up before the pitch is thrown it can certainly mess up his viewpoint for placing his pitches.

I dont think this mechanic should be set to auto like Matrix is describing. I figure going through the trouble of initiating it is worth the potential payoff. I say leave it on as it provides a whole new layer of strategy, but I also say it should not be set to auto. When it is "on" the batters eye only comes up after the pitch is thrown. Ready for our quarterfinal match tonight Aka?

Andokuky

Banned
Maybe Konex clicked on the left stick. If you do that it will show where your hitters eye is. I do that all the time to make sure I know where I am looking for the pitch.

DCX

DCX
I agree with Shawn and the Hitter's Eye, user control would be great, or both players using the batters Eye, i had it turned off because it's off by default against Aka, he turned it on from the beginning i had like 12 ks by like the fourth then my pitcher gets tired and he starts booming shots...i felt like i had to turn it on to have a chance and once i did i rallied from 4 runs down to win by 2.

so it's either always on, or always off, with the batters eye i had most of my runs come off of singles and doubles....not homeruns...so i don't know, it was nice knowing with the batters eye i had a fighting chance, with it turned off and user selected u have like 3 seconds before it turns off and it makes it harder to guess at pitch location, more of what baseball is really like.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Andokuky said:
Maybe Konex clicked on the left stick. If you do that it will show where your hitters eye is. I do that all the time to make sure I know where I am looking for the pitch.
No, i know what happened because against me he did the same thing he goes into options selects Classic Swing ( which i'm against but whatever ) and turns on Batters Eye. What it does is it keeps the eye on for the whole pitch, the whole game!! Yes you can do it with it turned off, but it gives you 3 seconds then it turns off. Making it harder to guess where the pitch is. Aka used it too, and i switched to it mid game. It does make hitting easier. All my games combine i had like 3-4 total in like 4 games, this game i had 2 runs before the "eye", and 6 after it :D So we will need to decide what kind of league are we running, a pitcher's league or a hitter's league, despite having the eye against me, with the mighty Yanks, he was shutout in a 1-0 game. So decide.

DCX

Andokuky

Banned
Well I play with it turned off and that means that it never shows unless you click the left stick, then your circle will show but after a few seconds it disappears again. But you can just click again and it will appear again wherever you are currently guessing.

Personally I think the swing stick should be mandatory, much like the vision cone in Madden.

I really dont mind if classic hitting being used by people, I find that classic batters are more apt to fall for the off speed stuff more frequently. Plus, the long ball is more of a possibility with swing stick for folks who know what they are doing.

But I agree hitters eye should be limited to clicking on the left stick only. Otherwise, we should increase the pitch speed to make up for the increased odds toward the batters way. From the look of things no one wants that, but I'd rather have a pitchers league than a juiced simulation...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Konex and his borrowed Yankees VS my Indians... 1-0 SHUTOUT!! Yanks over-- i mean Konex over-rated!!

DCX

So does that mean if you beat me you get the Yanks for good? Too bad you can't beat me!

Andokuky said:
I'll be at work until 10pm CST or so. If you can go later than that I should be good to play.

Alright, just catch me on AIM [the pheeniks]

I'm not really sure that I understand what this hitters eye business is. Before every pitch, I click the left stick and move the white circle around to where I think the pitch is; there's nothing wrong with that, right?

As for the swing stick, I went back to classic. I tried plenty of games with the swing stick and it's just incredibely unnatural for me, and all that...I'll go along with league rules if yall decide to make swing stick mandatory but this is just my experience.

Pheeniks said:
Alright, just catch me on AIM [the pheeniks]

I'm not really sure that I understand what this hitters eye business is. Before every pitch, I click the left stick and move the white circle around to where I think the pitch is; there's nothing wrong with that, right?

As for the swing stick, I went back to classic. I tried plenty of games with the swing stick and it's just incredibely unnatural for me, and all that...I'll go along with league rules if yall decide to make swing stick mandatory but this is just my experience.

Take notes all you classic batters!!

I highly suggest you practice in the home run derby mode to get used to the timing. Right as a pitch is being released you pull back on the right stick and release it when the ball is about to cross the plate. For your power shots pull back and instead of releasing, push forward.

Set the home run derby to classic and 20 outs with 4 hitters. That will give you about 80 good uninterrupted swings to get the feel for it. Once you get the feel, you'll be cranking homers like it it was 1998!!

Swing stick is just the thing that really opens up the options in terms of where you want to hit and how you want to hit. When you get the basics down, I can give you some really good tips for ball placement.

If you think I'm blowing smoke up you ass, check out my VIP profile in the game. I have a crazy amount of homeruns for the 11 games or so I've played. I think it was around 24...

Good luck!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:
Batter's eye is the only defense for garbage pitches with this speed. The league would be horrible w/o it :)

Thing is I dont throw garbage pitches and you know that,our first game I threw everything in the strikezone for you and you still couldnt hit.This last game I couldnt do that cause the damn hitters eye circle was up before you even swung,I had no way to place my pitches and you were able to lock on to every pitch with ease.

Cloudy

Banned
Matrix said:
Thing is I dont throw garbage pitches and you know that,our first game I threw everything in the strikezone for you and you still couldnt hit.This last game I couldnt do that cause the damn hitters eye circle was up before you even swung,I had no way to place my pitches and you were able to lock on to every pitch with ease.

Dude it was on both games. I don't know why you couldn't see it (maybe you had it off?) I have never played with it off. The only difference is Oswalt. His stuff is FILTHY :(

All I gotta say is that El Duque is the lamest pitcher in this game. He has this one 50 mph pitch that is nearly impossible to hit. The dude that abused this pitch in a random game had me hitless through 8 innings....

It was 1-0 damn near all game!!

But the ****er messed up and was throwing the same pitch as I couldn't hit it. When I finally got the timing down for it, in the ninth with 2 outs I hit a homer with Vlad and it was a game again. After El Dokey got to 0% stamina, the dude kept pitching with him. He was shortly hurt after that, and he had to pitch with the normal suite of pitches. After 13 innings I ended up winning 4-3, but it was El Dokeys fault with that crazy 50 mph handing pitch which prolonged the game.

He should be outlawed in the league!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:
Dude it was on both games. I don't know why you couldn't see it (maybe you had it off?) I have never played with it off. The only difference is Oswalt. His stuff is FILTHY :(

I have my hitters eye off every game,even when my opponents have it on.I played Chris using Jennings and his was on and mine was off and no circle thing was showing up before a pitch was thrown.Yea I saw his hitters eye after I threw the pitch which doesnt bother me but against you in the 2nd game it was up the whole time which isnt normal,why do you think I kept pausing and looking at the hitters eye options on the menu? I didnt understand wtf was happening cause it wasnt normal.

Our first game you had it on and I had it off and I had no issue with the way you played win or lose,because nothing was blocking the strikezone before I pitched.

I still cant believe you dont find it odd you hit 5 hrs off of me in less than 2 innings with power contact at 20 when you couldnt even hit 1 against me with power contact at 50 before in a full 9 inning game.

Btw Jennings isnt a bum,he's a legit number # 2 starter and was a number # 1 starter in Denver.Yes he's no Roy but ask Chris,I dont pitch batting practice with him.

With this long post im done with the subject :lol I'm not going to finish games where my opponent has some huge advantage over me cause of some glitch.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Lets play Matrix, you can beat up on me :)

Give me 5 mins,ill post in here when I can play.

You beat me last time with your bean ball skillz,I'm sure it will work again :p

DMczaf

16553__sheen_l.jpg

Matrix

Ok im good to go.

I'm going to try my shitty number 4 starter,Wandy! I need to practice pitching with a lefty,I'm sure you will crush me.

Meet you in the tourney room.

DMczaf

I'll meet you in the tourney ro.....oh wait, I wasn't invited to the tourney! The thanks I get for being a GAF League veteran for all these years! **** THIS!

Matrix

:lol Tourney is tainted by the white circle of doom anyway!

Ummm just send me a challenge.

Matrix

Ugh servers are shit right now or your router is acting up Dm :(

My connection is fine for once.

edit- im out,need to get dinner and get ready for Yao's return,24 and Heroes! :O

AkaBalla

Pitch speed moved to 65

Batting Power moved to 5

Batter Swing moved to 5

Konex and I played a 6 inning game

I threw everyting down the middle and he only hit 3 hr's and i hit 2... Test these out gentlemen and leave some feedback.. Just go into the tourn loby and play custom games..

Matrix

Andokuky said:
Do you have to start a new guy for round 2 of the tourney?

Yes

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
Pitch speed moved to 65

Batting Power moved to 5

Batter Swing moved to 5

Konex and I played a 6 inning game

I threw everyting down the middle and he only hit 3 hr's and i hit 2... Test these out gentlemen and leave some feedback.. Just go into the tourn loby and play custom games..
With Batter's Eye on all the time? I would jack 10 with my pitcher! :lol :lol

DCX

DMczaf

storybook77 said:
Exact one that I had when I couldn't play Big Zep....switched it out for a Linksys and it works fine now. D-Links sucks.

Yup, I'm buying a new router this week. D-Link ftl.

Andokuky

Banned
GG I guess. I love losing because Lofton commits an error and drops an easy fly ball setting up the only run of the game.

I'm not going to do well in this league, I'm used to playing offline with friends and we have a no balls policy and this people throwing 3 feet outside or high on a 2-0 or 2-1 count is not going to be easy getting used to. Power seems way low too... it's getting old landing a solid power hit with a guy who can go yard only to watch the thousandth ground ball or shallow pop fly.

Andokuky said:
GG I guess. I love losing because Lofton commits an error and drops an easy fly ball setting up the only run of the game.

I'm not going to do well in this league, I'm used to playing offline with friends and we have a no balls policy and this people throwing 3 feet outside or high on a 2-0 or 2-1 count is not going to be easy getting used to. Power seems way low too... it's getting old landing a solid power hit with a guy who can go yard only to watch the thousandth ground ball or shallow pop fly.

Yeah man, that was close but I caught a HUGE break when Lofton messed that play up.

I don't know about a strikes only policy...people could just swing at every play then. It'd only be a matter of timing.

Shawn, buddy, looks like I've got you next. Just FYI, I threw a complete game one-hitter with Josh Johnson...so bring on your 20000 homers :D
*However, I can't swing worth shit

Zep

Banned
Andokuky said:

Well on the other hand, having batting power @ 10(dcx,shawn) ended up having 14 combined HR's...Gotta be a middle ground and for now it looks like 5 is it.

Edit: Power swing was 15 for dcx,shawn...my fault.

Matrix

Anyone up for a practice game in the tourney lobby?

message me on live if you want to play

Zep

Banned
Just so you know, games that arent "tourny games" use default sliders. No clue why this is but you have to input them manually.

Cloudy

Banned
Just had an amazing game with Pheeniks. Wang gets hurt in the first, then my long reliever gets hurt as well. I'm down 5-1 going into the 3rd.

Then my bats woke up and I win 9-6 in extras with A-Rod, Jeter and Cano coming thru bigtime. I also somehow allowed no runs with the bases loaded and no outs in the 6th :lol

Cloudy said:
Just had an amazing game with Pheeniks. Wang gets hurt in the first, then my long reliever gets hurt as well. I'm down 5-1 going into the 3rd.

Then my bats woke up and I win 9-6 in extras with A-Rod, Jeter and Cano coming thru bigtime. I also somehow allowed no runs with the bases loaded and no outs in the 6th :lol

chris_webber_1.jpg

Don't you forget that inning where I blew up on you. Just you wait.

A-rod can't deliver when it counts!

Dez

Just got the game today.. have gotten pretty good on pro, but all-star was ridiculous the first time I tried.. every single pitch i threw got hit hard, for HRs or near HRs.

Anyway would like to get some online games in.. my gamertag is dezed13

OH, can I have my Jays for the league?

Baker

Banned
The search isn't doing jack shit in this thread, so sorry if it's been asked fifty times already.

I finally got the game from Gamefly yesterday. I played the computer with no training on the new hitting and got beat 5-0. I then hopped online. First guy quit in the second inning because I was up 11-0 somehow. Anyways, I had a completely awesome "back and forth tied in the bottom of the ninth" game next. Once it was over, I didn't get the "Play a complete 9 inning game" acheivement.

Is there a bug or does a "complete" game constitute 54 outs where the home team ends up losing?

DCX

DCX
Baker said:
The search isn't doing jack shit in this thread, so sorry if it's been asked fifty times already.

I finally got the game from Gamefly yesterday. I played the computer with no training on the new hitting and got beat 5-0. I then hopped online. First guy quit in the second inning because I was up 11-0 somehow. Anyways, I had a completely awesome "back and forth tied in the bottom of the ninth" game next. Once it was over, I didn't get the "Play a complete 9 inning game" acheivement.

Is there a bug or does a "complete" game constitute 54 outs where the home team ends up losing?
I think that's an online one.

DCX

Pheeniks said:
Yeah man, that was close but I caught a HUGE break when Lofton messed that play up.

I don't know about a strikes only policy...people could just swing at every play then. It'd only be a matter of timing.

Shawn, buddy, looks like I've got you next. Just FYI, I threw a complete game one-hitter with Josh Johnson...so bring on your 20000 homers
*However, I can't swing worth shit

1 hitter?!? On me?!?!? LOL!!!!

Hopefully we can get down tonight. You will feel the wrath of my long ball like all the others!!

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
1 hitter?!? On me?!?!? LOL!!!!

Hopefully we can get down tonight. You will feel the wrath of my long ball like all the others!!
Easy there cowboy, i threw a 4 hitter against you :p

DCX

KarishBHR

I have a few important questions about this game:

1. How bad is the online lag?
2. When is our GAF league starting?
3. I love this demo, is there ANY reason I wont love the final game?
4. How good are my tigers?

Zep

Banned
KarishBHR said:
I have a few important questions about this game:

1. How bad is the online lag?
2. When is our GAF league starting?
3. I love this demo, is there ANY reason I wont love the final game?
4. How good are my tigers?

1. When its running its great
2. When I say so, baby!
3. Long as you dont play franchise mode.
4. They suck.

Top Bottom