• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2K7 League thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
slow motion?

Sure its not lag?

BirdBomb

Banned
Things wrong:

Pitches in slow motion
Fielding in slow motion
base runners in regular speed
pitcher stanima staying at 100%
Gary Sheffield hit a home run..

Zep

Banned
It's a problem on 2k's end. Theres nothing I could've hit that would affected those things.:lol

I'll shoot them an email.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Great job 2k :\

Andokuky

Banned
Ok that was really, really weird. Chris and I tried to play a game earlier but connection dropped in the 2nd or 3rd inning, but the game was perfectly normal. In this game though, pitches came in slow motion, and the stamina of our starters never dropped a single percentage. I ended up winning 2-1 in 10 or 11 innings, 9 hits for me, 1 for him, a home run. I got 2 hits for rbi's and stranded about 5 guys on 3rd base.

Andokuky

Banned
PS we can totally replay it if 2k gets this crap fixed. Glancing over at Birdshits screen while he is playing Konex, the same thing is happening in his game.

Andokuky said:
PS we can totally replay it if 2k gets this crap fixed. Glancing over at Birdshits screen while he is playing Konex, the same thing is happening in his game.

Thanks, I really appreciate that.

I wasn't going to complain, because it was the same for both of us, but that was a really shitty way to decide who moves on to the next round. I knew from the get-go that one of us was going to be pissed at the end of the game, and sure enough it turned out to be me. I'm not even really pissed, it was just a weird game (I couldn't hit worth a damn thanks to slo-mo pitching). Hopefully we can get this all sorted out and replay our game in the next few days (I'm going on vacation Monday afternoon).

Cloudy

Banned
It's not 2k (at least I don't think so). It seems the sliders are different from the advanced lobby. The ball is easier to see and the timing is totally different..

Cloudy

Banned
Zep will have to tweak the sliders but I wouldn't mind the delivery being a bit slower. I'm just guessing at the plate right now :lol

PS: Zep, you can view the online sliders if you start a game in the custom lobby....

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
question for everyone: does this game freeze up for you at the opening legal screen with the MLB logo and takes up to a minute to go to the next screen?

I'm trying to figure out if it's my disc or my system that's f'n up.

(this has been happening since I've had the game)

edit: I've got a dirty disc error 3 times in a row before I can finish the 1st inning. This is regoddamndiculous. If I can't fix this shit by next week, no season for me.

Matrix

My copy hasnt froze.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matrix said:
My copy hasnt froze.

Lucky!
Bluemax has the same problem I'm getting. I'm going to call Gamestop to see if I can get another copy. The one time they don't ask me if I want insurance and my game is broken within a week -_-

Zep

Banned
Wow...i definately found the root of the problem. All the sliders are at 0. :lol :lol

I know for a fact I didnt waste my time doing that...I'll set them up.

Edit: Ok, just set them to All-Star default by hitting the RB button...Everything is good to go now.

Edit:Chris/Ando your game has been reset.

DCX

DCX
Big Zep said:
Wow...i definately found the root of the problem. All the sliders are at 0. :lol :lol

I know for a fact I didnt waste my time doing that...I'll set them up.

Edit: Ok, just set them to All-Star default by hitting the RB button...Everything is good to go now.

Edit:Chris/Ando your game has been reset.
:lol :lol I'm glad you found the "problem " *cough*

On a lighter note, i hate winning these one run shutout games...really what's the deal with my O. It was ground out after ground out, i'm sure allot of it has to do with bad swing selection and a lack of patience in the batter's box and Andy is still a beast but i'm worried, i almost have to play perfect baseball to pull out wins and so far i have, 2-5 hits allowed and not one run yet. Three games, three shutouts. Oh well, pitching wins championships. :D

DCX

I was looking around in the tournament and then went back to the main menu.....only to find that I was longer part of the tournament. It appears to be a glitch I encountered because I thought maybe I made the wrong selection but you have to push the LB button to leave the tournament. :\

Zep

Banned
storybook77 said:
I was looking around in the tournament and then went back to the main menu.....only to find that I was longer part of the tournament. It appears to be a glitch I encountered because I thought maybe I made the wrong selection but you have to push the LB button to leave the tournament. :\

The 2k league/tournament website is down right now...might be the case.

That's weird that all the sliders were set at 0... but at least we have it fixed.

Ando, I'm not sure if I'll be around tonight, but if nothing else I'll be able to play tomorrow evening (probably after 10 EST). I'll shoot you a message tonight if I'm around.

edit: I know how you feel DCX, almost all of my games (save for that 15-4 game) have been 1-0. I need to learn how to steal, hit and run, etc. Everytime I try to steal I get f'd over and my guy doesn't run or something.

Either I am getting really good with theswing stick or this game simply allows way too many homeruns. On default online settings, I just cranked 5 home runs in a game which followed another game where I cranked 8 home runs. We need to adjust the home run settings by scaling back the frequency in which they happen...

If not, ERAs that are 5.50 may be CY Young award worthy... :lol

Cloudy

Banned
After much testing, I think we really need to drop pitch speed from 75 to 65. Every game I've played against folks here have pitchers with like 10 Ks each. That's cos we're all just guessing instead of seeing the ball :lol

_Angelus_

Banned
I have to say that I've been playing with some custom sliders that I found at GameFaqs,overall theyre pretty nice. Not allot of homers and its not at all easy to k the computer with these sliders. They'd probably rub off into 2 player games pretty well then.

I can always post them if you guys want to change things around.

Matrix

Shawnwhann said:
Either I am getting really good with theswing stick or this game simply allows way too many homeruns. On default online settings, I just cranked 5 home runs in a game which followed another game where I cranked 8 home runs. We need to adjust the home run settings by scaling back the frequency in which they happen...

If not, ERAs that are 5.50 may be CY Young award worthy... :lol

Thats what I have been doing against the cpu on default pro/all-star settings and I played Zep for like 2 mins before lag booted us and the first pitch he threw to Biggio I took him deep.

With the A button I dont hit as many,with the hitstick I feel like im always playing in a HR derby.

Angelus,I would like to try out the custom sliders,please post them when you have time.

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
Thats what I have been doing against the cpu on default pro/all-star settings and I played Zep for like 2 mins before lag booted us and the first pitch he threw to Biggio I took him deep.

With the A button I dont hit as many,with the hitstick I feel like im always playing in a HR derby.

Angelus,I would like to try out the custom sliders,please post them when you have time.

my.finger.slipped.

I see the page is still down...

_Angelus_

Banned
Taken and scanned from Gamefaqs.

544536Y.jpg

544536Y001.jpg

Matrix

Thanks Angelus,Ill test it out later.

2k servers are down,so annoying.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Guys I got my game. :) Like I said for the league, if I can't get the Yanks, I will take the Twinkies.
Cock Blocker feels he has dibs....he doesn't want to play for the rights...at least that's the impression i felt.

DCX

Matrix

Man hitting online is different,got to get the timing down.

Beat Konex 3-0,22 ks for Roy-O :lol complete game shutout against the Stankees

Fat Elvis went deep :D

Cloudy

Banned
This is retarded. We gotta reduce the pitch speed. Every game is 10+ ks for the starters and 15+ for really good pitchers :lol

Matrix

You reduce the pitch speed and my couple of doubles would have been hr's :p

Cloudy

Banned
Matrix said:
You reduce the pitch speed and my couple of doubles would have been hr's :p

I prefer that than guessing on every pitch. It's crap. Playing my season offline with 65 speed and the timing is much better...

Why do you think the ks are so high? You can't see if it's a strike or not...

Zep

Banned
exactly...stop bitching. like i said, if this happens with 4/5 guys then i'll worry. but lets not act like were all pros with hitting.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm not going to stop bitching :lol

The problem isn't hitting. It's knowing when to lay off or swing. With this speed it's literally impossible without guessing...

Matrix

Cloudy said:
Why do you think the ks are so high? You can't see if it's a strike or not...

In real baseball you dont have something telling you where the pitch is going to be.I swung at your crap outside the zone on most of my k's and I blame myself.

You couldnt catch up on straight fastballs down the middle *shrug*

Matrix

DRAMA

Did you also like hitzone or whatever it was called in 2k6? Is that what you mean by seeing the pitchs :lol

Matrix

Big Zep said:
Hahaha..KZone, glad that shit is gone.

haha yea thats what it was called,Konex if I recall was the only one who loved it.

Cloudy

Banned
In real baseball you dont have something telling you where the pitch is going to be.I swung at your crap outside the zone on most of my k's and I blame myself.

But you can see the ball coming and tell if it's crap or not....

Top Bottom