• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Motorsports Thread of 2013 (MotoGP, WRC, Le Mans, Nascar, IRL, V8's etc)

I forgot how entertaining the punch-drunk pre-dawn rantings of the british eurosport announcers are.

sogood.gif

P1s are running in the low 3:30s again, I'd say the track is basically dry.

Buemi is now only about 2:40 back from the lead #2 Audi.

Unfortunately he's going to have to get out of the car soon to let someone else take over...

Shaneus

Holy shit, is the guy on Radio Le Mans the guy who runs TeamVVV? Sounds just like him!
Edit: Alan Boiston, just remembered his name.

Edit #2: I think it was just one of the main guys from Toyota... just sounded a lot like him.

Hackbert

poor Lola.. and good morning. SC out, SC in, SC out... argh. Seems the #8 Toyota missed the first SC train of three and lost another 3 minutes on the leader?

Hackbert

GTEPro class : 4 cars in one lap. Now that´s a fight. back to LMP1 : Not sure, if Toyota has the long breath coming on the home stretch.
huh.. heavy rain

Shaneus

So how's everyone viewing this? I've found the best option is via a high-quality stream I came across that is in Russian, and having Radio Le Mans on instead. May not be meant to run together, but I just think of it as the radio with additional pictures rather than having TV with somewhat so-so commentary.

PS. SC again. Dang. What crazy track conditions it's been.

Is there a link for the live placings anywhere?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hadn't they been leading the GTE Pro class for the whole race? Almost the same way Simonsen crashed I think.

Shaneus

mh. Dumbreck in the nr #97 says NO
@ Shaneus.. i could offer a german stream of eurosport HD hehe
German's about as good as Russian in my instance, ahaha. I'd probably check out a HD English stream, but I think I'm happy with my compromise right now.

Shaneus

Nah, don't worry about it ;)

Man, just seeing the replay of that most recent Aston crash... they must be right with what RLM were saying in that there's something else that's up with the lines and how easily the cars come off. Seems to be worse what you normally see.

TCRS

Banned
This is amazing, I go to sleep I come back and the race is still going haha. The night stuff was brilliant, these guys have balls.

When is the next race? I need to watch this, this is my second fav series now.

Jarvis in the #3 Audi is picking up right where Di Grassi left off by reeling in the #7 Toyota for third in P1, and the leading GTE Pro Porsche and Aston are separated by less than 7 seconds-- looks like there will be some nice battles over the final 3 hours.

Shaneus

The guy who is on RLM right now... is he the guy who looks like he's had a stroke or a major accident? I remember seeing him I think last year, or possibly the year before and wondered what might've happened to him.

Hackbert

I heard his name at the end and looked him up... had such an incredible run of Le Mans wins back in the 70s. Also head of the team behind the Playstation 2/GT4, which is surprising.

Fake edit: Holy shit, he raced in 33 Le Mans? Fuuuuucking hell, dude IS a legend.

pescarolo-playstation-c60-lmp-judd-race-car-04.jpg

Top Bottom