• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Motorsports Thread of 2013 (MotoGP, WRC, Le Mans, Nascar, IRL, V8's etc)

So, with that car of LaPierre being repairable... what position would he come out in, given the yellow flag?

I think he might be disqualified. The regulations state you can't abandon a car and then get back in and return to the race, which is what Lapierre seems to have done, according to the SPEED commentators.

Shaneus

I think he might be disqualified. The regulations state you can't abandon a car and then get back in and return to the race, which is what Lapierre seems to have done.
Oh, he left it? I didn't hear them say anything about that on RLM, so it could get interesting. Would they have bothered to bring his car back in if he's likely DSQ?

fuenf

I think he might be disqualified. The regulations state you can't abandon a car and then get back in and return to the race, which is what Lapierre seems to have done, according to the SPEED commentators.

that cant be right, lots of drivers abandon their cars in order to repair them. could it be that you cant abandon your car while stewards are helping / towing you?

n0n44m

Eurosport said something about that. Abandon = more than 30 meters, he did walk away but not that far from what I could see

Man, two Toyotas on the podium would be pretty fucking epic.

Is that GTE Pro or Am? And if I'm reading the timing correctly, is the Porsche only ~14s behind?

Pro. I don't care about LMP2 and AM..

Looks like it came true. Happy for them, sad for Aston. Just realized that abbreviating Aston to AM isn't a good idea for this lol.

bdrob

Kind of bummed, surely by the time this SC comes in they're all going to be going in for slicks? Handing, imo, an unfair advantage to those who stayed out on slicks and chilled behind the SC ...

Though I am probably missing something ^^

TCRS

Banned
TK tearing up.

this was brilliant, the first 24h of le mans that I have watched properly. the night race was just amazing.

Shaneus

Bertrand Baguette ... I always have to smirk when the reporters say his name.
Should've been listening to RLM... Bertie Breadstick!

Man, what an eventful 24 hours, not only because of the sad passing of Allan Simonsen but the rest of the race as well, which was exciting right up until the last 30 minutes.

Really, really fucking stoked for Dempsey's team as well. Obviously they didn't get podium and he seemed genuinely upset that they didn't make it, but I honestly don't think this'll be their best ever finish.

Shaneus

Interesting stat... 99th and 100th class wins for Porsche, in the 50th anniversary year of the 911.

Edit: That Eurosport guy is almost in tears... tired and emotional, think it's kinda sweet.

Hackbert

that was a great race. was fun watching with everyone here. looking forward already to that toyota/audi/porsche battle next year
@TCRS : you forgot Handball XD

Shaneus

that was a great race. was fun watching with everyone here. looking forward already to that toyota/audi/porsche battle next year
True... was great fun participating in this thread :)

Man, next year is going to be fucking epic. So not only do we have Audi at the top of their game, but we have Toyota who have shown they could challenge for the win and of course... motherfucking Porsche. Shit will be epic.

With all the action that happened due to refuelling and tyre stops, no wonder it's so much more exciting than Formula 1. See Bernie, excitement happens when you increase the variables that teams can use in strategies, not lock them down. Take note.

Dibbz

What a crazy race it's been. Was fun staying up watching it then nodding off for a few hours and back up to watch it till the end. Weather was great and started to spice things up but some Safety Car trains did mess up some of the racing.

Overall though it's hard to look back at the race without thinking that a man lost his life and left a family on their own. They need to look at rectifying whatever the cause of the death was and make sure they do everything to stop it in the future. If that means cutting down trees or putting barriers further forward, it has to be done.

Thoughts go to his family and friends.

What a race. As horrible as it was that Simonsen lost his life, this was definitely one to remember. Nothing else in motorsport even compares to Le Mans, as far as I'm concerned, and races like this one always remind me why.

Now bring on 2014.

True... was great fun participating in this thread :)

Man, next year is going to be fucking epic. So not only do we have Audi at the top of their game, but we have Toyota who have shown they could challenge for the win and of course... motherfucking Porsche. Shit will be epic.

With all the action that happened due to refuelling and tyre stops, no wonder it's so much more exciting than Formula 1. See Bernie, excitement happens when you increase the variables that teams can use in strategies, not lock them down. Take note.

Toyota is gonna have an even tougher time next year with Porsches comeback.
especially if Webbah signs with them, amirite Shaneus? :p

An exciting race for sure, but 6+ hours of safety cars was just zZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz

I'll never complain about a SC being deployed in an F1 race again.

Top Bottom