• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Motorsports Thread of 2013 (MotoGP, WRC, Le Mans, Nascar, IRL, V8's etc)

nan0

German commentary just reported that Simonsens telemetry showed a 75G impact, around the same Kubica suffered in Montreal.

Addnan

Driving in the dark still amazes me everytime. Stupid F1 night races are basically day races.

nightresizefaox9.gif

resize3gbpsv.gif

resize2grosw.gif

Dibbz

lol, Eurosport commentators getting pissed at drivers spinning. It is a bit fucking daft considering this is all under safety car.

EDIT:- lol this guy is hillarious. Taking the piss out of the safety car drivers now.

keeping in the back of ones mind, that the toyota can stay 2 rounds longer out in one stint...

Yeah, they can't match the pace of the Audis, (particularly in the dry), but Toyota's edge in fuel economy could make things interesting in the closing hours.

This could play out similar to the 2011 LM24, when Peugeot could go a lap farther per tankful, although they were more evenly matched with the Audis in terms of speed.

Deadman

I like it at night when the trackside cameras dont work anymore so you just get onboard shots and a little from the pit straight.

Dead Man

Jesus. RIP. Not what I expected when I got up.

That is an utterly stupid reason. I love me some environmental protection, but the Sierra CLub is such a ship of fools.
I love watching the Corvette cam at night - http://stream.speedtv.com/corvette

No commentary, pure engine.

Kaz needs to sit down and listen to these cars.

vitacola

Shaneus

There were a bunch of photographers and cameramen around his team's box and annoyed the hell out of the mechanics and drivers. They had to push them away because they interfered with the work on the car and drivers change. Was quite funny to watch, but nothing spectacular.
Ah, I'm glad to hear that... I thought it might've been regarding his driving or something. I'm quite glad that not only is he increasing publicity for the event, but he's actually a really fucking good driver, too. No Lenoing that shit.

<3

Deadman

Looks pretty serious, havent seen the driver get out yet

e: now he has, must have just been waiting for the medical car to arrive

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Well, that was a pretty hard crash with the car separating in two and a bit of fire and smoke. Good to see the driver walking away though.

fuenf

I couldnt follow the race anymore because I was at a birthday party, damn shame about the alternator defect on Audi #1 :( that was my favorite car /crew

wow those Audi onboards at night are incredible.

Shaneus

oh shit! that looked bad.
Was that the second yellow flag?

PS. Did I see a brief cutaway of a bearded Webber?!?
Are there any streams I might be able to timeshift backwards on? I'm sure it was him looking on. This is on the Eurosport stream at around the 12hr point.

Dibbz

The headlights on these cars are bonkers. Can't even imagine what it's like looking in your mirror. The whole interior is probably lit up. Must be scary for guys in the GT categories having these LMP's blinding you whilst flying past at 200mph.

Surely going to be another safety car soon due to a rain caused off.

I was thinking the same thing. Cars are already struggling driving at night in dry conditions, but add rain into the mix and someone's bound to crash and bring out another long yellow flag/safety car session.

Top Bottom