• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Motorsports Thread of 2013 (MotoGP, WRC, Le Mans, Nascar, IRL, V8's etc)

vitacola

Aston Martin won't withdraw the remaining cars, because Simonsen's family expressed the wish that the other cars should finish the race.

Lucius86

Banned
Terrible news. Heart goes out to his friends and family. At least he went doing something he loved - not all of us will have that pleasure.

RIP.

Shaneus

Oh man, I've been watching it on and off and I heard about the accident (saw the yellow flag) but had no idea it resulted in a fatality. Poor bugger, but to echo everyone else here, he died doing what he loved.

Rev In Peace, Simonsen :(

AcridMeat

Banned
Just saw the news, sad. RIP :(

I won't be watching until much later in the day, there must be a dark cloud hanging overhead the rest of this race.

Sethos

Banned
I'm going batshit. Watching Eurosport HD and the Danish commentators or rather, one of them sounds like he's 14 and the shit he says is so ... Annoying. He keeps going "Uhhh" because he doesn't know how to finish the shit he started.

TCRS

Banned
Fuck me I didn't realised someone died (not really listening to the commentary). RIP :(

I was about to say that I'm loving this, so much action, such beautiful cars, but now...

Great battle between Senna and Lietz for 2nd in GTE Pro. As disappointed as I am to see the Corvettes struggling, I'm glad to see the factory Porsches running strong and battling up front.

I can't wait to see them come out swinging next year in LMP1.

Chris R

Sonoma qualifying is kinda cool, would be better if they could get the group count down by one though by splitting those cars into other groups.

vitacola

Great battle between Senna and Lietz for 2nd in GTE Pro. As disappointed as I am to see the Corvettes struggling, I'm glad to see the factory Porsches running strong and battling up front.

I can't wait to see them come out swinging next year in LMP1.
I think it's interesting that the VW group will have a second daughter in the same class. I don't know exactly how independent the single companies (especially Porsche) are regarding their motorsports department though.

ark you got mail. was the track wet yet? Seems very dry
It was raining on some spots of the track in the first hours of the race, but nobody changed to real rain tires.

I think it's interesting that the VW group will have a second daughter in the same class. I don't know exactly how independent the single companies (especially Porsche) are regarding their motorsports department though.

I find it amusing that Porsche's "2014: Our Return" banner is directly across from Audi's 3 garages on pit lane.

Getting a head start on those mind games, it seems.

Hackbert

i am not sure, but i think every VW daughter is very independent in the matter of the racing program, given their distinctive racing pedigrees
waypoetic you also got mail

edit : woah.. look at that Porsche/Aston/Corvette battle in the GTPRo class... and than the R18 drives zig zag between them.. nice pictures

blanky

Maybe toyota is laying back? I'm not convinced they've been pushing it very hard. And if they can keep running like that it may help them win. I'm sure that they just really want to finish compared to last year.

Hackbert

lol...shake dat car.. shake it hard.... engine switch? and yeah, we are just 1/3 into the race.. that will be great to watch. i for one would enjoy seeing a Toyota on the podium.

and kinda weird seeing Brunno Senna racing... but he seems like a chilled racer. Saw him race for Fifth Gear and was impressed.

blanky

I've turned the commentators off and just listening to the engine noises while it's getting darker, especially when it's inside a car. I love this race so much.

Just got caught up with the #1 Audi's trouble. It's a shame to see those guys get taken out of the running like this.

I've always pulled for Kristensen and McNish, though, and while it's obviously way too early to make any predictions, it'd be great to see those guys on top again.

Top Bottom