• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K6 League thread...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
my mistake he had 33 in OT. he was 14/15 shooting i think

I'm sure someone else scored in the OT didn't they? He couldn't have had 33 in OT. He only hit 5 three's in the OT. I guess you did foul him everytime he didn't get the hoop though and several times he got And1.

What can I say he got hot. When a star player has the little glowing red circle under him you just let it go man. And lo and behold it goes in.
He hit some 3's that had to be five feet out or more. It was just stupid.

But I've had freakin Bob Sure light me up too though. So it's not just superstars.

Funny thing is FMT told me he was gonna hurt Bron, I told him I was gonna drop a double nickle on him. And without ever looking at stats Bron ends with 55. Not bad Bron. :D

I'm sure someone else scored in the OT didn't they? He couldn't have had 33 in OT. He only hit 5 three's in the OT. I guess you did foul him everytime he didn't get the hoop though and several times he got And1.

What can I say he got hot. When a star player has the little glowing red circle under him you just let it go man. And lo and behold it goes in.
He hit some 3's that had to be five feet out or more. It was just stupid.

But I've had freakin Bob Sure light me up too though. So it's not just superstars.

Funny thing is FMT told me he was gonna hurt Bron, I told him I was gonna drop a double nickle on him. And without ever looking at stats Bron ends with 55. Not bad Bron.

there was no one else who scored in OT that i can remember. i also recall after he scored the tying bucket in regulation that his total was 22 points (i think...)

he only missed 1 shot in OT, and he was 14/15. if that is the case and he had 5 threes, that would have equaled 33 points exactly. and i believe that was the case. worst case scenario he had 31 points in OT, but im quite sure it was 33.

and it doesn't really matter what you do, whether he is hot or not all that really needs to be done (as with a good majority of the all star players in this game) is run to the middle and try to dunk. somehow the defender is pushed aside and one of 3 things happens: superstar misses, superstar is fouled w/ the and 1, or your man somehow doesn't make contact anywhere and gets dunked on. such is life!

and yes i went to OT the next game as well :D

p.s. i had a pretty decent lead against the cavs and mavs and blew both of them.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I was having fun actually hitting shots with him in the OT. I just kept trying farther and farther away to see what was gonna happen. Pretty stupid really.
Guy wil miss a layup in traffic but will hit 5 threes in a row from 5 feet outside the line.

The superstars in this game are pretty crazy. But I also think that the defense on the rest of the players is pretty tight. Unless you can pass around and hit your open threes (which I cant) you don't have much chance at staying in a game without a superstar on your team.
So it's either Superstar, PG abuse or 30 threes a game with scrubs. Pick your poison.

Kruza

Ramirez,

I'll be online after watching the Bucks vs. Pistons preseason game tonight, which should be over by 10pm ET or so. Maybe we can play then.

Kruza

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Guys I'm outta town until next Tuesday. I will be in the fun factory of Toronto Ontario, home to known other than the famous Fifty.
I can't wait to see his face all over all the billboards and such. Wow. Such anticipation.

Ah the glorious collision detection.
nba2k68rq.jpg

that pass was from Duncan (can't you tell) to Gino. How can I play better defense than that?

Get your head in the game Marshall!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Jobber is scared of DM's game,we all know this.

How many times have you practiced Jobbster?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matrix said:
Jobber is scared of DM's game,we all know this.

How many times have you practiced Jobbster?

wtf? Who is spreading these lies? I don't fear anyone or team.

I practice by spotting the CPU 20 points on Legend difficulty and win by 20.

I'm not cocky i'm confident.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The rumors are just floating around cyberspace.

jobber

Matrix said:
The rumors are just floating around cyberspace.

Rumors that will kill. I practice plays. I've been doing it since I had the game. I've used a quite a few plays in league games. Then I play the CPU and spot it 20. Fuck ya rumors.

Matrix

I feel the fear through your posts Jobber.

Matrix

jobber said:
the only thing I fear is my Xbox disc drive dying

Dont we all :(

jobber

I don't want this cheap W. DM started to play into my trap...
I see your hand then I beat it with a hammer. Come on now :lol

jobber

DM...good game but...
eab_1021_09a.jpg

you played those boys too long. That's why in the 3rd, my starters and my good back ups never played. In the 4th, you couldn't keep up. Most of my missed FTs was me being 1/2 sleep :(

jobber

Cloudy said:
PS: Seriously, Kruza is really sim tho :lol

oooooo then my next game should be a classic

I'm free tomorrow night Kruza. Our practice game was just a taste!

GG Kruza,I wish more people would play a game like the one you did,I actually enjoyed myself :p

that is why i felt like my game against Dsal was my best game also. played like a real nba game for the most part (except dunleavy making shots, which is bullcrap :lol)

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that is why i felt like my game against Dsal was my best game also. played like a real nba game for the most part (except dunleavy making shots, which is bullcrap :lol)

Our game was solid,except for the fact you beat me :(

Cloudy

Banned
Week 5 games can be played now. I'm going to flip a coin for the last week 4 game if Mally and CK don't get it in after tonight...

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Yeah Dunleavy was a bastard, but I suppose it's technically plausible... 21 assists for Davis :lol . All the drama was a blast though.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
sorry I didnt give a shit about this league during the madden season... I am free to play tonight for a bit CK if u want... everyone else lets get our games in before season 2 of madden... cool thanks... except for jobber..

jobber

Cloudy said:
The 21 assists by B-Diddy is much more "unreal". I mean, how many minutes are some of you playing your starters :lol

ha. I let the CPU do auto sub. Duncan gets tired way too easy.

Edit: Malley: perhaps you need to do some practice games..............

Dsal

Ramirez said:
I won't be able to play tonight Dsal,but I'll be free tomorrow around noon and then late at night.

Sounds like tomorrow around noon (PST) should work best for me as I'll most likely be very drunk tomorrow night :p. BTW what time zone are you in?

Matrix

True when you want to play our week 5 game?

I'll let James have his 50+,I just want the victory.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm not gonna drop you cos I don't really feel like looking for a replacement. I won't do any more coin tosses for your games though so the other guy will probably get a W by default if y'all don't play...

Dsal

Ramirez, I didn't see you online at the meeting time. If I'm still online when you're available some other time today message me, otherwise we'll play some other time. I'll be available most of the afternoon here tomorrow.

jobber

so I was playing a few online games this morning for the hell of it and I ended up beating 2 different people by a 20 points each game. So they leave me negative feedback :(
The point? I'm not playing random people anymore so if you want a "friendly" game for practice, invite me!

Dsal

Wellington said:
Negative feedback actually matters!? :lol! I left DSal and DM negative feedback. :(

yeah, thanks for that :p~~

Top Bottom