• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K6 League thread...

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Truelize said:
There's a button on the controller that lets you actually switch players when your team is on defense. It's totally cool. So when the other team passes the ball you hit the button I'm talking about (shh don't tell anyone about it, it's a secret) and then it switches the player that you are controlling and now you are once again controlling the player that is guarding the man with the ball.
I can't believe they put this feature into the game. Amazing!!! I know a lot of people didn't know that this existed. Wow!

I can't understand how anyone can play a game of basketball and not control the player defending the ball. Anyone I lose to that does not play like this, didn't beat me fair IMO.

because I play zone 3-2, 2-3, 1-3-1. Whatever is right in a situation. If someone is driving to the hole, I call for a double team. While that I happening, the PG is trying to defend his man AND the open man which I can not do. Sure I'm exposed at 1 spot but they're not driving on me in the hole.

Do you watch basketball? I play D from the time the ball is inbounded not 1/2 court. You gotta work to score on me.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i got the game... and will join the league... I also bought this new controller that is like the X360 set up... it takes a little getting used to but I am loving the white and black buttons on the shoulders....

Ramirez

I reeeeeally hate the no defensive stance button,makes guarding a fast person nearly impossible...and I can't be the only one that wishes the Iso moves were mapped to the right stick like Live can I?Shot Stick really makes no sense to me...

DMczaf

Ramirez said:
I reeeeeally hate the no defensive stance button,makes guarding a fast person nearly impossible...and I can't be the only one that wishes the Iso moves were mapped to the right stick like Live can I?Shot Stick really makes no sense to me...

Yeah, shot stick is a complete waste. VC just doesnt want people thinking they are ripping off Freestyle when they are :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:

ITS THE MADDEN 06 OF BBALL...LEARN BABY LEARN! WHOOOOOOOOO

Yea I still hate the fact they dont have D stand button but wtf are you going to do :(

I like the shot stick but something tells me most people will still be shooting with the x button :\ I see konex doing that,sorta like the not having to use the cone in madden...cop out! :p

Ramirez

The moves that I happen to pull off on the Left stick seem totally random to me,really fucks with the flow of offense,IMO.Also my big guys want to jump out to the perimiter when I throw them a pass...>_<

Oh I use X,no way I'm gonna use the stick,what's the difference? :lol

Fifty

Ramirez said:
The moves that I happen to pull off on the Left stick seem totally random to me,really fucks with the flow of offense,IMO.Also my big guys want to jump out to the perimiter when I throw them a pass...>_<

Oh I use X,no way I'm gonna use the stick,what's the difference? :lol

That's my biggest complaint. Since Bosh is my #1 option, it pisses the fuck out of me. I should not have to call a post play and make sure he's 100% standing still just to have him probably stay put. When I pass to him and he's near the post he runs away like a bitch. It was in last year's game and it's here now. Can a 2K fanboy (Konex, jobber) please tell me how to fix this?

About the shot stick...it's pointless for regular shots, but you can control what kind of layup/dunk you're doing with it. just read the book or watch a tutorial (i think there's one) and yes, I'd rather it be isomotion.

jobber

Fifty said:
That's my biggest complaint. Since Bosh is my #1 option, it pisses the fuck out of me. I should not have to call a post play and make sure he's 100% standing still just to have him probably stay put. When I pass to him and he's near the post he runs away like a bitch. It was in last year's game and it's here now. Can a 2K fanboy (Konex, jobber) please tell me how to fix this?

About the shot stick...it's pointless for regular shots, but you can control what kind of layup/dunk you're doing with it. just read the book or watch a tutorial (i think there's one) and yes, I'd rather it be isomotion.

you gotta follow the play as it's drawn out in the playbook option. Since it's a PF post, you probably gotta swing the ball to the SF then dump it in to the PF who should be setting up for it.

Ramirez

I still think this game is riddled with many of the same problems as last year's game,no surprise's here though -_-

Cloudy

Banned
League is up. I was gonna do divisions but I somehow missed the options to schedule the individual games like in NHL 2K5

warriors
lakers
kings

cavs
bulls
pistons

76ers
raptors
nets

rockets
mavs
spurs

would have been some nice divisions :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Kruza,when would you like to play our first game of the season?

Fifty

It's gonna be a long season. I start off against 3 great teams, and I'm pretty much the only team without a superstar to help carry us in tough times. It's hard to believe the Raptors GM is so bad that last year I was able to trade (in 2K5) for AI and Peja in legit deals....now I have nothing. I suppose I could trade bosh for a player like that.....but still. JESUS BABCOCK WHY'D YOU TRADE VINCE FOR ERIC WILLIAMS, AARON WILLIAMS, AND THE RIGHT TO PAY MOURNING MONEY. I guess I should blame Vince since he dogged it and his value dropped.

Matrix

Fifty said:
It's gonna be a long season. I start off against 3 great teams, and I'm pretty much the only team without a superstar to help carry us in tough times. It's hard to believe the Raptors GM is so bad that last year I was able to trade (in 2K5) for AI and Peja in legit deals....now I have nothing. I suppose I could trade bosh for a player like that.....but still. JESUS BABCOCK WHY'D YOU TRADE VINCE FOR ERIC WILLIAMS, AARON WILLIAMS, AND THE RIGHT TO PAY MOURNING MONEY. I guess I should blame Vince since he dogged it and his value dropped.

FEAR!
tx.gif

jobber

Fifty said:

ready for your first win???

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
I still think this game is riddled with many of the same problems as last year's game,no surprise's here though -_-

Cmon guys, this isn't the gaming forum. No need to troll in the online gaming forum!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
because I play zone 3-2, 2-3, 1-3-1. Whatever is right in a situation. If someone is driving to the hole, I call for a double team. While that I happening, the PG is trying to defend his man AND the open man which I can not do. Sure I'm exposed at 1 spot but they're not driving on me in the hole.

Do you watch basketball? I play D from the time the ball is inbounded not 1/2 court. You gotta work to score on me.

You should still be controlling the man closest to the ball then. And he should be one of the players involved in the double team. There is no way it is fair to call a double team and then be controlling another player that is hovering near the next passing option.
If my computer controlled offensive players are not smart enough to get into an open spot due to your double team there is no way you should be able to take advantage of that by controlling a player away from the ball.

If the computer would actually recognize where the open spots were on the floor then it would be a totally different story. But they don't. They stand around and watch. Heck if they at least tried to drop back to be the safety man so that if there is a turnover they would be able to get back to play defense then it might be ok. But neither of those things happen in this generations basketball games.
If my players can't react, then yours shouldn't be able to either. If you play zone, you NEED to be following the ball by switching the defender you are controlling and playing honest defense.
I see no reason why everyone can not play this way.

But I honestly have no expectations or hopes that anyone will actually agree with me.

jobber

I beg to differ. The CPU AI is smarter this year. I go for a double team (yes I manual double team) and the CPU kicks it to a open man. I don't triple team anyone except T Mac. I let the CPU double team and I cover my guy IF they're in my zone. If not, then I go guard the lane.

Kruza

Matrix said:
Kruza,when would you like to play our first game of the season?

Matrix, I can play anytime tonight after 8:30pm ET or so.

Truelize said:
You should still be controlling the man closest to the ball then. And he should be one of the players involved in the double team. There is no way it is fair to call a double team and then be controlling another player that is hovering near the next passing option.
If my computer controlled offensive players are not smart enough to get into an open spot due to your double team there is no way you should be able to take advantage of that by controlling a player away from the ball.

If the computer would actually recognize where the open spots were on the floor then it would be a totally different story. But they don't. They stand around and watch. Heck if they at least tried to drop back to be the safety man so that if there is a turnover they would be able to get back to play defense then it might be ok. But neither of those things happen in this generations basketball games.
If my players can't react, then yours shouldn't be able to either. If you play zone, you NEED to be following the ball by switching the defender you are controlling and playing honest defense.
I see no reason why everyone can not play this way.

But I honestly have no expectations or hopes that anyone will actually agree with me.

Don't forget you can icon lead pass to any player you want and lead him to an open spot on the floor. It works wonders in this exact situation.

And as far as playing manual D or not, I think it's really no big deal in this game since the ultimate cheap move (double/trap everyone while manually controlling the big man camping in the paint) can't be done anymore. I prefer playing on-ball D manually at all times -- on the perimeter and in the post. But at the same time, I have no problem with those who don't do it at all since some opponents tend to pass the ball around then dribble so quick that you may not have time to switch to the defender guarding the ball and staying in front of the player catching the pass. In this case you can accidently take that defender out position just by manually switching to the guy, and then ballhander drives around him as soon as you take over.

Kruza

Cloudy

Banned
My preferred method of D is to play one guy (PG or SG) and stick the opposing player game. No roaming the floor cos that will get you BURNED this year :lol

I don't think that's cheap at all :)

Cloudy

Banned
PLEASE READ:

Guys, while trying to schedule division games, I unintentionally made a flexible schedule. In other words, there is technically no week advancement. Don't rush your opponent though as 4-day intervals are still in effect.

Also, make sure you challenge the right person for that week in the league lobby cos I'm not sure if the games have to be played in order with this :p

PS: I will delete stats for any game played more than 1 week ahead :eek:

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Has anyone noticed if the passing Icons and the green circle for the "Two man control" show up online when your oppenant uses them? I haven't paid enough attention yet.

As for how everyone plays defense; I hope the AI is better this year. I really like playing basketball video games, and last year the AI ruined it for me cause I wound up basically playing against the computer when I was on offense. If that's gonna happen I might as well be playing offline dynasty mode.

I hope that doesn't happen this year.

Cloudy

Banned
I haven't seen anyone spying my pass icons yet (and I've played Ramirez ;) ) so I don't think the opponent can see :lol

Tru, when do you wanna play? I gotta go out now but I'll be around tonight...

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
DMczaf said:
Before NFL (starts at 10am PST my time) begins?

Oops, just woke up. I'll be signed on to AIM when I'm available today, so just let me know on there when you're free for a game. We don't have to do the game today either, no rush.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
I haven't seen anyone spying my pass icons yet (and I've played Ramirez ;) ) so I don't think the opponent can see :lol

Tru, when do you wanna play? I gotta go out now but I'll be around tonight...

I'm around all day. I might have family coming over but it's not 100% yet. I have some Madden games to get in too, so I have AIM on. Hit me when you get back. We should be able to play.

Ramirez

Cmon guys, this isn't the gaming forum. No need to troll in the online gaming forum!

I don't know if you're being serious or not,but you're blind if you can't see some of the same BS from last year.The fact that there still isn't a defensive stance button should knock the game down to a 6-7 at best,playing manual defense is almost literally impossible against a fast player with no way to truly break down and defend him.Big men still don't want to play down low,still too many shots missed under the goal,etc. etc. Not to mention havin the special moves mapped to the left stick is beyond retarded.If facts=trolling,then yea I guess I'm trolling :lol

Hmmm,glad that I get Wellie first since it's so easy for us to play and get connected *thumbs up*

Fifty

jobber said:
Monday = RAW

Sunday = ???

Monday = Monday night football

Sunday = Sunday night football

But I'm not going to be watching it anymore, so I can play starting at 8:30 eastern tonight. Let me know if and when you can

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Kwame brown for the win. Left me with 0.3 seconds on the clock. Garbage. I came back from 18 down too.
I almost knocked Kobe out of the league guys. He went down with a sore knee. I'll try harder next time.

And Konex tells me the box-out button is the L trigger. If you did not know that you will get owned on the boards. Kwame and Mihm owned my front line on the glass. Hopefully it's because I didn't know about that button and not player imbalances still.

gg Konex. You suck man. :D

Matrix

Ram stinky at madden and 2K6 this year,I dont think hes trolling,he just doesnt like not winning and it comes off at bitching about the game ;P

*ducks*
LEIJA-FIGHT-KMH-5--.jpg

edit- Kruza,I can play at 8:30 eastern time,my aim is adoubledg and ill be on that and also on live.

Ramirez

Hmm...considering I beat Konex and DM,I'm not complaining because I lost :lol

So I'm the only one that has seen things just like last year?Hell Fifty backed me up on the big men hopping out to the perimiter,so I'm not totally crazy.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ramirez said:
Hmm...considering I beat Konex and DM,I'm not complaining because I lost :lol

So I'm the only one that has seen things just like last year?Hell Fifty backed me up on the big men hopping out to the perimiter,so I'm not totally crazy.

There's a lot of the old weaknesses still there. No real balance when it comes to the post play and rebounding.
When guys like Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm can score at will in the post against Big Z, Gooden and Marshall then I'm thinking there is some imbalance issues still.

I guess we'll see as the season goes on.

I never had my centre outside the key during my game with Konex.

And I never once saw any of Konex's pass icons so I'm guessing they don't show up anymore.

Matrix

I played you and I dont recall my big men hopping out to the perimiter all the time :\

i agree w/ ramirez in that the big men do drift from time to time, but not as bad as last year.

i only have a couple problems w/ the game:

1. when people go up for a dunk, thats it it's going to be a dunk. no blocked shot, no foul call, no hits. its like they morph through the defender or move them in the air. fucking bullshit

2. fouls need to be called more often

Matrix

Fouls get called on me plenty,last game against Konex he went to the line like 22 times,he hit 4 fts,thank god and most of them were on him trying to dunk or drive with kobe or odom into the lane.

I also block a ton of shots,Yao and Swift block tons of inside shots,I really think it also happens to do with what team you are playing with and their strengths.

FMT have you tested out the heat?

Matrix

WOW shitty servers,Kruza got booted and it gave me the win.I was losing 27-20 in the 2nd :lol

wtf konex can you fix this? we need to try again.

Cloudy

Banned
If you don't contest it, there won't be a call. Look at all the and-1's Tru got on me. I'll just leave Mr. James alone next time :(

Matrix

Kinda rude that pic Jobber,Id like to see you beat the Spurs using the Raptors.

GG Kruza,I love playing people like you who actually call plays and play their own D,great game.

Fifty

Matrix said:

GG Kruza,I love playing people like you who actually call plays and play their own D,great game.

Shouldn't you have just posted something like this?

Broken-Piston2.2.jpg

Matrix

Fifty said:
Shouldn't you have just posted something like this?

Broken-Piston2.2.jpg

:lol

jobber

Matrix said:

How dare ye challenge my manhood!

I use to play 2k5 with the Clippers :p
and I won alot!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i agree w/ ramirez in that the big men do drift from time to time, but not as bad as last year.

i only have a couple problems w/ the game:

1. when people go up for a dunk, thats it it's going to be a dunk. no blocked shot, no foul call, no hits. its like they morph through the defender or move them in the air. fucking bullshit

2. fouls need to be called more often

I saw a ton of fouls in my game with Konex. And I even dunked a Kobe and an Odom dunk. He never got a piece of Bron though. :)

I agree that there does not seem to be any contact animations around the basket at all.

Is there anyway to adjust sliders for league play online?

Did anyone notice that we are playing a flexable schedule? That means we can play our league game in any order throughout the season. Just go online with an oppenant you play during the season and it will put you into the proper game matchup. That's kinda cool actually.

Fifty

Cloudy said:
PLEASE READ:

Guys, while trying to schedule division games, I unintentionally made a flexible schedule. In other words, there is technically no week advancement. Don't rush your opponent though as 4-day intervals are still in effect.

Yeah I did ;p

Top Bottom