• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea I looked,this doesnt make any sense.

Fifty

Yeah, that is odd. Maybe the HOF was what made shots so hard. I just played a game with default settings (I believe they're superstar) and mid range shots actually went in..although 3's were a bit too easy (he won't agree!)

DMczaf

Fifty said:
Yeah, that is odd. Maybe the HOF was what made shots so hard. I just played a game with default settings (I believe they're superstar) and mid range shots actually went in..although 3's were a bit too easy (he won't agree!)

Ebony and Ivory say 3pt% is fine!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
TOLD JOO!

:lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
good luck with making shots in Superstar too :lol

BTW

The Duncan Achievement is MINE and I didn't even know it happened :lol

Cloudy

Banned
I figured out the problem. The sliders don't reset if you change the league difficulty after you've started. You gotta go back in there and redo it :lol

I'll fix it for future tourney games :)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ColdBlooded33 said:
Thats what im thinking. Superstar feels just like HOF mode in the league game me and Konex just tried to play

Because it is. It's thin line...a VERY thin line between all star and HOF. HOF just causes the CPU to play NBA Jam style while you can't hit a dunk on a fast break. Superstar takes away that element, but the rest remains as far as hitting shots in Superstar. If you actually want to hit shots, All Star is the way to go. With good D, you can shut down people without playing zone and you can actually make mid range jump shot, so the need to dunk every trip isn't needed.

Just my .99

edit: Proof!

I played Houston on my franchise with All Star settings and had a very close OT game that ended like 115-110. Played Houston again, changed some of my coach settings to press more on D, and won 77-52. Both games were 8 minute quarters.

Cloudy

Banned
We'll keep that in mind for the league, Jobber. I think you're right cos from what Cold and I played (HOF and SS with 50s across the board on sliders) the games were almost identical..

As far as the tourney goes, I've got everything back to the default settings for cutsom superstar games except for the following:

upped midrange shots by a pt
dropped 3pt shots by 5 pts
bumped fts from 57 to 70
dropped dunks in traffic from 50 to 40
dropped fouls by 5 pts
upped defensive boards by 10pts

Let me know how it plays. Give feedback on what you like/don't like...

DCX

DCX
DM i didn't know it was a three game series, we could have just played it out last night :p Ummm...i'm supposed to play Juan tonight in Madden, subbing for the Bills, unless someone else takes them, after wards we can play the other two games. Around the same time frame i'm guessing.

DCX

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
konex you're being way too kind with the free throw increase.

I personally don't find FTs hard at all.

DCX

DCX
Cerrius said:
konex you're being way too kind with the free throw increase.

I personally don't find FTs hard at all.
Then you'll be the winner! Cause none of us can hit one for our lives.

DCX

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
DCX said:
Then you'll be the winner! Cause none of us can hit one for our lives.

DCX

Once you learn the release point of your players, it really isn't that difficult...

Cloudy

Banned
Cold and I just played game one with the default settings plus the above tweaks.

We're thinking 3pt needs to be bumped back up a bit with 8 mins qtrs for reralistic scores. Someone else play and give impressions. I'll hold off on any changes till then..

Based on a lot of games I've played, the only problems I've faced so far are the in-paint jumpers. Wade can't make a single one (and that's his forte) so I'm not sure if I'm releasing at the right time or something, but yeah.

I am fine with FT. Hell, I got 5 perfects in a row with Shaq :lol
I think it's a matter of learning their release point. I tend to release too late all the time, so just play more and it'll be easier.

And my 360 isn't here with me today but I will have it late tomorrow night, so FMT, PM me or something and we can set up game 1

DCX

DCX
Cloudy said:
Cold and I just played game one with the default settings plus the above tweaks.

We're thinking 3pt needs to be bumped back up a bit with 8 mins qtrs for reralistic scores. Someone else play and give impressions. I'll hold off on any changes till then..
so we are playing 8 minute quarters?

DCX

Cloudy

Banned
Nothing's definite but I feel it'll improve the scores. As always, it's whatever the majority wants...

ok 2nd round of changes:

3pt is up to 58 (default is 62)
qtr length is 8 mins

Pls post impressions after you play :)

8 minute quarters is a little too long in my opinion. That will have each game going well over an hour. I think 6-7 min quarters is a good sweet spot because if we are playing games every 3-4 days it is hard for me to throw in an hour plus on the Xbox on M-T.

Otherwise the settings look good, all of those are areas that needed to be addressed (except 3pt baskets).

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
8 minute quarters is a little too long in my opinion. That will have each game going well over an hour. I think 6-7 min quarters is a good sweet spot because if we are playing games every 3-4 days it is hard for me to throw in an hour plus on the Xbox on M-T.

Otherwise the settings look good, all of those are areas that needed to be addressed (except 3pt baskets).
I thought maybe the game might be to long...but what can you do....you do want realistic scores, you get that in Madden..

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
VC Is on the trading block. His type of game isnt mixing well with mine at this point.

Make some offers folks!

(Not Shitty ones)

Fifty

Vince Carter? I'll give you my 3rd string PG Derrick Martin for him. The catch? I promise never to play Vince. He will sit on my bench all season long!

Cloudy

Banned
Based on a lot of games I've played, the only problems I've faced so far are the in-paint jumpers. Wade can't make a single one (and that's his forte) so I'm not sure if I'm releasing at the right time or something, but yeah.

The default for close range shots is less than mid and 3pts. That makes no sense so I fixed it by bumping it up to 65 from 59. Lemme know how your next game goes...

8 minute quarters is a little too long in my opinion

I'll put up polls on the league page after the tourney and we'll go with the majority...

PS: Cold and I just played our 2nd game with the updated sliders. It was pretty good :)

Cloudy

Banned
DMczaf said:
8 min quarters? WTF Konex.

We are testing stuff out! If you don't like it vote against it in the polls after the tourney! I'd rather play shorter games too but the scores are quite low on 7 mins...

CB3

DMczaf said:
Who cares about the scores, I'm not going to sit there for over an hour to play this game!

Actually, 8 minute quarters was under an hour for me and Konex. It goes quicker than you think

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
Who cares about the scores, I'm not going to sit there for over an hour to play this game!
I understand...it is kinda of long......who knows...but do you want to finish the series out today?
DCX

Cloudy

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
Actually, 8 minute quarters was under an hour for me and Konex. It goes quicker than you think

Especially if you have your settings and lineup done on XBL. With no pausing, it's pretty quick. But if you really hate 8 min qtrs, just don't vote for it!

I am all for realistic scores, but not at the price of elongating the game as much as it will. Especially in the case of blowouts going on. Say someone is being blown out by 20 at halftime, that person will probably end up losing by like 35-40 points when it is over. Unlike Madden, the strong players will really weed out the weak ones since every play requires strategy. In Madden, people can chuck up bombs all game and sometimes keep it close. Not happening in NBA. Think about that when you guys are voting on this one.

At 8 mins, there is no way people are going to go for it. 7 mins is your best shot at trying to work the balance of realistic scores and length of game.

I'm down for 8 min. quarters. Hell, I play 12 minute quarters in Association and I get very realistic stuff and enjoy it.

i don't really care too much about the time issue. i can tell you right now @ 7 min quarters there are going to be a lot of 60-55 type games. I'd prefer 8 min quarters but i won't whine about 7 min.

about the blowout issue, the one way to solve this problem if you want the game to end early is run the playclock to 1 second, problem solved. or just don't get blown out.

AkaBalla

ColdBlooded33 said:
VC Is on the trading block. His type of game isnt mixing well with mine at this point.

Make some offers folks!

(Not Shitty ones)

*Thinking of offers* Aim me if u have any.. Im the Celts

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wow pretty active thread the last two days.

Sliders seem good. I was thinking about game speed too but I'll play with these and see how it turns out.

So how do I use these sliders in a random online game? Do we meet in the tourney or league lobby and play a non-league game?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Vince Carter? I'll give you my 3rd string PG Derrick Martin for him. The catch? I promise never to play Vince. He will sit on my bench all season long!

I will veto any stupid trades. :lol. He deserves to play. How else is he gonna get hurt for the season???

DMczaf

Game speed AND player speed need to be slowed down

Defensive rebounding is still bad, players still just stand there and watch the ball even if I set my Fastbreak slider to 0.

Its RICOCKULOUSLY easy to score in the paint.

Players take a long time to recover from fatigue, i would sit starters out when they are in their 60s in the middle of the 3rd, bring them out a couple of mins into the 4th and they are barely back in the 80s.

Jump shooting? Whats that? Oh, thats where I shoot the ball outside the paint, and the ball clanks off the rim 75% of the time!

Get to work on the sliders, konex. Or we MUTINY!!

Cloudy

Banned
Truelize said:
Wow pretty active thread the last two days.
Sliders seem good. I was thinking about game speed too but I'll play with these and see how it turns out.

So how do I use these sliders in a random online game? Do we meet in the tourney or league lobby and play a non-league game?
Yeah, you can play in the tourney lobby. I haven't set the league sliders yet

Any other comments about this before I start messing with it..

Defensive rebounding is still bad, players still just stand there and watch the ball even if I set my Fastbreak slider to 0.
I'll turn offensive rebounding down. I left that at default

Honestly I don't know what we can do against this as far as sliders go if someone has the mindset to drive EVERY possession. I guess we could look into the dribbling attributes but I don't really wanna go there since people playing sim-ball shouldn't have this issue. What do you suggest?

Players take a long time to recover from fatigue, i would sit starters out when they are in their 60s in the middle of the 3rd, bring them out a couple of mins into the 4th and they are barely back in the 80s.
I haven't noticed this. I'll look into it my next game

Jump shooting? Whats that? Oh, thats where I shoot the ball outside the paint, and the ball clanks off the rim 75% of the time!
I have that higher than the default custom sliders. Check and see for yourself. I upped inisde shots and mid-range while dropping 3pts from 62 to 58.

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:

Get to work on the sliders, konex. Or we MUTINY!!
Tell me about it...i find it atrocious when Deng can post up time after time and hit every single post up move...he single handedly brung you back down like close to 30 to make it like 11...crazy!

DCX

CB3

I also recognized the players fatigue taking a while to go back up. If there are sliders for fatigue recovery, you may wanna up it a few points. Just a few...

DCX

DCX
Cloudy said:
Yeah, you can play in the tourney lobby. I haven't set the league sliders yet

Any other comments about this before I start messing with it..

I'll turn offensive rebounding down. I left that at default

Honestly I don't know what we can do against this as far as sliders go if someone has the mindset to drive EVERY possession. I guess we could look into the dribbling attributes but I don't really wanna go there since people playing sim-ball shouldn't have this issue. What do you suggest?

I haven't noticed this. I'll look into it my next game

I have that higher than the default custom sliders. Check and see for yourself. I upped inisde shots and mid-range while dropping 3pts from 62 to 58.
It's not about sim ball, it's about the post game. It's crazy good right now, i can post up Curry and score about 80% of the time, same with Frye. When i can my swingmen and guards in the point, it's gameover too...who knows what you can do...but i find it funny that Deng, who is a swing man, can be as successful as Duncan in the post, and by the way, PJ Brown for president :D

DCX

DMczaf

DCX said:
Tell me about it...i find it atrocious when Deng can post up time after time and hit every single post up move...he single handedly brung you back down like close to 30 to make it like 11...crazy!

DCX

Deng is pretty much my only offensive threat when Hinrich and Gordon decide making jump shots are just not cool anymore -_-

Cloudy

Banned
I also recognized the players fatigue taking a while to go back up. If there are sliders for fatigue recovery, you may wanna up it a few points. Just a few...

There are and I'll do that later tonight

It's not about sim ball, it's about the post game. It's crazy good right now

I can bump down inside shots. I did raise that from 59 (default) to 65 :lol

Ok, gotta head to bestbuy. be back later :D

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
I can bump down inside shots. I did raise that from 59 (default) to 65 :lol

july2004_anger.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well Juan is our first cheeser this year (benifit of the doubt cause he hasn't played in a GAF league yet though). I haven't played a game that bad in ages. It made the crap that Konex used to do with his 1-3-1 zones seem acceptable.

He scored 102 points in our game and only 12 shots went in from outside the paint. He only used his PG (mainly Arenas on defense)on defence to manually double team my offensive player, so I basically played against the computer the whole game. He would bring the ball up with Arenas and ISOmotion a couple of moves, get some room and go to the basket. It was like playing random people online when Marbury first went to the Knicks. It was just Areanas all day, all the time. And he was shooting and hitting threes and doing lead passes for dunks in the lane while up by 25 with less than a minute left. And I don't know if there is a slider to fix it but offensive players are really slippery this year. The contact you make with your defensive player doesn't seem to slow down the ball handler much at all.

It was a horrible game and I'm not looking forward to playing if this type of play is going to be accepted.

I am a co-commish this year and if teams do not make an attempt to occasionally play defense then I will have an issue with that. Even Konex started playing better defense last year and he used to be a big abuser of the manually double teaming play.

Things I would like to see.

Top Bottom