• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty check your pm's.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Once a Spur...always a Spur

t1_jackson_all.jpg

I was working on a quad-double in a practice game

So uh...how did you guys get in contact with Kems?

Week 2 is here and I still don't have my 360. Go at a slower pace dudes :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
Once a Spur...always a Spur

t1_jackson_all.jpg

I was working on a quad-double in a practice game

Nice that his mouth is that wideopen so he can fit my cock in there.

Jackson = Cockeater

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Fifty said:
Use the XBL messaging. Malley has a wonderful habit of going into single player mode when you're 30 seconds from going on.

No.... what I do is run a single player game for a couple minutes because my 360 likes to crap out after about 10 mins or so, so Id rather it go out on a Exhibition then in the middle of a season game like with JOBBER, then have to hear him bitch about how he would have beat me and then not even make it to the finals to back up his trash talkin....

so thats why I do that... did it with madden too...

1-1 to start out the season... Malleyball is in effect

Well that's not how I wanted to start the season... My guys just went cold for part of the game and it's damn near impossible to stop McGrady and Yao.

And yeah, I just shot 3/18 from the 3pt. line so I think you know what my vote is on that poll at the league site.

DCX

DCX
DaddyZ said:
DreamcastKC, If your still up i'll be able to play teh Lebrons @ 12:30 or so...Math needs to get done.

Carmelo vs. Lebron.

DCX
DCX
DCX
DCX
DCX
Ready when you are.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
God its not fun playing against the Mavs *sigh*

DCX

DCX
pheeniks said:
They were probably all in the paint, like his real "freight train to the basket" moves in real life...

But I could be wrong!
Though I do see that DM had a rough first game with Wade...

They weren't hit was hitting jumpers all over the place, but yes, the Train was in full effect!

DCX

Matrix

Fifty said:
You'll beat me in our 2nd game. I remember you beating me in a scrimmage game with this same matchup.

Doesnt matter if I find away to win,hell it will be a huge upset,but you have way too many weapons and Terry/Dirk,and Howard dont miss in this game it seems.

Well Dirk does if you double team him,but that leaves the other two wide open.

I didnt play my best best but I played pretty good and I still got blown out.

AkaBalla

Here's the deal.... I have 1 more trade left for the season... So.. I am packaging Rafer Alston and Shannon Brown for a PF/C and a SF/SG... Make some offers..

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
Also, about the 3s, I say we leave it this way cos it'll be abused if they're easier to make...

But they aren't easy to make for most people right now. I have Ray and Rashard that are supposed to be money from three but the only players I have seen that can really shoot threes consistantly are Stephen Jackson, Jason Terry, Earl Boykins and Hinrich.

Matrix

True you want Hill,you find a way to get me Battier and you can have Hill :p

Cloudy

Banned
But they aren't easy to make for most people right now.

And folks are still jacking up 20+.. Anyways, we'll bump it up by 2 after this week and see how it goes. Don't come crying to me when you're getting 3-bombed...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Cloudy said:
And folks are still jacking up 20+.. Anyways, we'll bump it up by 2 after this week and see how it goes. Don't come crying to me when you're getting 3-bombed...

When Ben Gordon is missing WIDE open 3's all the time, it needs to be higher. And its not only me because everyone i play has the same trouble. It seems the only 3's i can make are buzzer beaters and <2 minutes in the 4th shots.

Matrix

AkaBalla said:
He will need to take Alston and Brown along with Battier...:)

I'll trade you Hill for Battier and then you can work something out with True,good stuff? :D

CB if its raised higher,Fifty wont miss from three with Terry.

jobber

Truelize said:
But they aren't easy to make for most people right now. I have Ray and Rashard that are supposed to be money from three but the only players I have seen that can really shoot threes consistantly are Stephen Jackson, Jason Terry, Earl Boykins and Hinrich.

5782418_36_2.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
This just feels like last season all over again :(

PS: Pheneiks, Kems wanted to play you 2nite but I told her you don't have your 360. BTW, you need to get on AIM like everyone else...

Matrix

Yep lots of trades and you losing,100% like last season :(

ColdBlooded33 said:
When Ben Gordon is missing WIDE open 3's all the time, it needs to be higher. And its not only me because everyone i play has the same trouble. It seems the only 3's i can make are buzzer beaters and <2 minutes in the 4th shots.

Yeah, Billups and Hamilton were 3/16 from 3 and they're rated 88 & 91 from 3. Almost all of those shots were pretty clean looks which would usually drop.

I agree we don't want 3's to be easy, but there has to be a comfortable medium...

Cloudy said:
This just feels like last season all over again :(

PS: Pheneiks, Kems wanted to play you 2nite but I told her you don't have your 360. BTW, you need to get on AIM like everyone else...

I do have AIM...it's been on the 2ksite for a while now..

I'll save everyone who doesn't have my AIM the trouble of checking: the pheeniks

Rorschach

Cloudy said:
Also, about the 3s, I say we leave it this way cos it'll be abused if they're easier to make...
IAWTP they are way easy to make as it is. Oh, and if my next trade goes as planned, there will be no way to stop me if the slider is raised. XD

PS: Truelize...please don't run from me this time. ;) Get at me about a play time. My sched is gonna be very open this week.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
Trade fever will end soon, and pick up again at the deadline...u watch.

DCX

Trade fever will end as soon as people run outta trades.

Hey Matrix: Hill is untradeable. :lol. Check your ratings. It's not happening.

Matrix

I thought your top two couldnt be traded? :\

Oh well doesnt matter to me in the long run :p

Fifty

Trading Jamison for Nooch was a horrible move, Konex. I almost feel sorry for you.

Look at the trade rules. Only the top player is untradeable. That's how Konex was able to throw away his and trade Jamison. We changed the rule right before the season started, and I think it's fine. With the 3 trade max and the top player off limits things will still be very different than last year.

In short, Hill is tradeable because he's 81 and Howard is #1 @ 88.

edit: and if anyone is shocked/dismayed/whatever at the number of trades so far, look at the players involved. This is working out just as planned. Aside from *cough* Konex's trade *cough* it's all about role players and small filler pieces. The cores are remaining intact.

final edit: 3's are staying the way they are for now. Good shots seem to be going in, and forced shots seem to be missing. Of course that's a small sample size so far.. If we get reports of TONS of wide open shots missing, things might change..but it seems balanced so far. And yes, I know I have a great 3 point shooting team to begin with.

jobber

Fifty said:
final edit: 3's are staying the way they are for now. Good shots seem to be going in, and forced shots seem to be missing. Of course that's a small sample size so far.. If we get reports of TONS of wide open shots missing, things might change..but it seems balanced so far. And yes, I know I have a great 3 point shooting team to begin with.

Does this mean I can run down the court in the final seconds, shoot a 3 being doubled team, and make it?!

did that hurt despite you winning anyway?

Fifty

jobber said:
Does this mean I can run down the court in the final seconds, shoot a 3 being doubled team, and make it?!

did that hurt despite you winning anyway?

Did you do that to me in a game? I don't get it.

jobber

Fifty said:
Did you do that to me in a game? I don't get it.

game 2 of our playoff series. Bowen got the ball with 2 defenders shadowing him and made a 3 with like 10 seconds left. Then you paused and watched the replay over and over like a EA Sports commercial.

jobber said:
game 2 of our playoff series. Bowen got the ball with 2 defenders shadowing him and made a 3 with like 10 seconds left. Then you paused and watched the replay over and over like a EA Sports commercial.

:lol

Fifty

Once Rors/True finish their game, only two games will be left for the week.

DCX/DaddyZ

Pheeniks/Kems

edit: I forgot about Pheeniks' current lack of a 360. If DCX and Daddy play tonight we might just advance then.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I still suck at this game. Yup I do.

Just played a laggy as snot game with Ror. I was down 15 or 17 in the 3rd and fought back to take a small lead and then down by three I throw the ball away in his end with less than 20 seconds left. That makes me feel good about my self. :(

So, uh, DCX and DaddyZ: Play All Ready!!! :D

I need to get my revenge on Jobber, dammit.

edit: :lol Yeah, I realize some people actually have lives and important things to do...

Fifty

I got a message from Juan saying he's going out of town from the 20th to the 4th of January. That's fine, I understand that people have lives who still are dedicated to the league.

I assume he's not the only one who's leaving town for the holidays, and we'll try to work around those people's schedules without giving up on the league 100% I think the first part of this season might have some oddness to it due the holiday season, and I hope we can work our way around that. That'll probably mean slowing things down..I'm only speaking for myself here..

Top Bottom