• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

True or anyone else, want to scrimmage?

Pheeniks, I'll be around most of the day tomorrow. Not so sure about tomorrow night, but I should be around after 10-11PM EST.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
the inability to shoot a 3 with these settings is bullshit. just thought id let you guys know

JuanMR2

So that's why you paused the game towards the end, to check Ray's shooting percentage. That was probably one of my best shooting games, I think you tend to double team or go for the steal too often which left me with lots of open jumpers.

I finally figured out B. Diddy's release, after going 1-10 last game I was able to go 6-8 with one of those a dunk late in the fourth on a fast break.
EDIT: Also Lewis sucks that's why I traded him away in season 1.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
JuanMR2 said:
So that's why you paused the game towards the end, to check Ray's shooting percentage. That was probably one of my best shooting games, I think you tend to double team or go for the steal too often which left me with lots of open jumpers.

I finally figured out B. Diddy's release, after going 1-10 last game I was able to go 6-8 with one of those a dunk late in the fourth on a fast break.
EDIT: Also Lewis sucks that's why I traded him away in season 1.

Actually I wanted to see how many points Ray had. I knew I was gonna lose so I was trying to beat the current season high of 42 :). But I do well with Rashard offline. I like him. I don't need a single trade to be able to win with this team. I just need to figure out how to win. I also don't touch the defensive pressure settings and crap like that. I'm gonna play a fast break style of game cause that's what the Sonics do and I enjoy it more.

Truelize said:
Yup game still sucks. I wonder if the lag is just something my weak little brain can't adjust too.

I just played Juan (and lost of course) and he shot 60% from the field and I don't think he ever moved into the key with Baron Davis and shot 7 for 9 with him while being closely guarded. And then Rashard Lewis shoots 5 for 15. Ugh.

SCREW IT!!!!

Ray is just going for the scoring title. Freakin stupid game.

I would seriously love to know how everyone else can shoot such an amazing percentage. I play sim ball to a freakin T, swing the ball, take open shots, blah blah. If you look at the scoring leaders for the league everyone else in the top five is shooting right around 50% and the I have Ray at 39%.

See, that's what happened with me and Miami at times last year. I know what you're saying...early in the season, if my shots weren't going in, I'd keep jacking them up hoping to make it. It didn't happen. Like Fifty mentioned earlier, it's hard to break out of a slump. That's when you gotta start taking the ball to the hole...for one of those crazy traffic animation dunks. Looks unsim-like sometimes (Devin Harris lol), but hey, gotta do it.

I think I am already going to miss having Wade. Those sweet sweet bankers that were money for me last season...who's gonna take it now? :(

TONIGHT I RETURN, LEAGUE

Fifty

On a positive note, True, at least Ray Allen went 4/7 from 3 point land. The misses weren't coming from there like before.

No stats for Konex/Coldblooded's game either (as well as Matrix/Malley's) this is odd...I hope the system isn't breaking.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If the league happens to finish this week tonight....I won't be home until tomorrow night

then True can get some more Steve JAX love <3

Rorschach

Fifty said:
On a positive note, True, at least Ray Allen went 4/7 from 3 point land. The misses weren't coming from there like before.

No stats for Konex/Coldblooded's game either (as well as Matrix/Malley's) this is odd...I hope the system isn't breaking.
When I tried to look up stats in the game, I didn't get any stats...and now the website is having trouble. I can barely get it to come up.

Fifty

The site's working fine for me. Aside from the (barring a miracle) lost stats in Matrix and Konex's games, everything's been fine. No website trouble, and our game was fine (stats-wise) for me.

edit: Did anyone in those two games turn off their 360 before exiting the game properly?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
If the league happens to finish this week tonight....I won't be home until tomorrow night

then True can get some more Steve JAX love <3

What?!?!?!? I have to play Jobber again??

Fifty: One of those threes was on a fast break too, Ray had a wide open dunk but felt he had ran far enough. Guy has to save energy ya know.

No the misses were pullups from right outside the key. Rebound putbacks that would bobble of the rim after spinning around for a bit. Rashard Lewis missing every layup AND DUNK (he misses two dunks) and Troy Murphy is hitting "Kobe" layups. Seriously. Why would the game react that way? It's just stupid.

AkaBalla said:
Pheeniks i probably wont be avail tonight. if i am ill try to get u when i get home on aim.

That's fine man. I gotta make up with Chris and Konex's buddy anyways....

Konex I will PM you later tonight to ask for a reset. Thanks

Truelize said:
Troy Murphy is hitting "Kobe" layups. Seriously. Why would the game react that way? It's just stupid.

That's exactly how I felt when Ben Wallace made a fadeaway jumper vs. me once...

Fifty

Since Pheeniks and AKA can't play tonight, we might advance tonight, assuming DaddyZ and DM play. Pheeniks will have plenty to make up, but that should be fine.

and if we're advancing to week 4, you'll have to wait for a quiet time to go back for your games Phee, so be patient. I play you week 4. What's your AIM? Update your 2K profile with it. As of now it only lists your email as your primary contact.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty I exited the way I normally do and left Malley postive feedback etc etc.

Jesus my schedule is a bitch,I got aka with the Rockets next and then Dm with the Heat....what the shit.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
The site's working fine for me. Aside from the (barring a miracle) lost stats in Matrix and Konex's games, everything's been fine. No website trouble, and our game was fine (stats-wise) for me.

edit: Did anyone in those two games turn off their 360 before exiting the game properly?
The connection has timed out

The server at online.2ksports.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Then when I actually connect, half the site doesn't show up :[

Jesus my schedule is a bitch,I got aka with the Rockets next and then Dm with the Heat....what the shit.
Heh mine too.

Fifty said:
Since Pheeniks and AKA can't play tonight, we might advance tonight, assuming DaddyZ and DM play. Pheeniks will have plenty to make up, but that should be fine.

and if we're advancing to week 4, you'll have to wait for a quiet time to go back for your games Phee, so be patient. I play you week 4. What's your AIM? Update your 2K profile with it. As of now it only lists your email as your primary contact.

My AIM is "the pheeniks"

Yeah I understand that I'll have to wait, but this league is advancing at such a fast rate (seems so for me :lol) that I'll probably get to make up weeks 1-3 soon enough.

Soon enough, Peja will be setting a GAF record with 3 pointers made in a season.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Fifty I exited the way I normally do and left Malley postive feedback etc etc.

wade_news.jpg

Alright dudes, I have no idea what's going on, but today = MAKE UP DAY (hopefully)

Gotta play:

ChrisJames [week 1]
kememsi [week 2]
AKA [this week]

If you guys see this just let me know when you're around today and play sooner. Once again, sorry for making yall wait..

AkaBalla

Cmon Fella's make some offers for Alston.. I'm looking for a SG or a PF/C.. ALso have Shannon Brown included in that package

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FIFTY!!!!!

What are you doing with my boy???

*starts sobbing*

*breaks into uncontrollable tears*

"I did my best"
"I did my best" :)

jobber

Truelize said:
FIFTY!!!!!

*starts sobbing*

*breaks into uncontrollable tears*

"I did my best"
"I did my best" :)

peterson_morris250.jpg

i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Fifty

Truelize said:
FIFTY!!!!!

\

I told you to trade for him, but Matrix tells me you weren't offering anything more than Hayes. Not cool!

Only DM and Z's game is left. If ChrisJames/Kems are able and ready to make up their game with Pheeniks, that could get done too.

Fifty said:
I told you to trade for him, but Matrix tells me you weren't offering anything more than Hayes. Not cool!

Only DM and Z's game is left. If ChrisJames/Kems are able and ready to make up their game with Pheeniks, that could get done too.

Just fyi to those, I'm going to a Cowboys party soon...so yeah.

Anyways after today's game I put a vote to bump up 3 pt settings :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
No 3 pt settings bumped up,Terry is already god hitting the 3 in this game.

Fifty will make 10 or more a game with him.

Fifty

Matrix said:
No 3 pt settings bumped up,Terry is already god hitting the 3 in this game.

Fifty will make 10 or more a game with him.

If the vast majority wants it changed, we shouldn't keep it the same just because some people get beat by my 3 point shooting. Terry stunk against Rors.

Matrix

Fifty said:
If the vast majority wants it changed, we shouldn't keep it the same just because some people get beat by my 3 point shooting. Terry stunk against Rors.

ughhh ok so lets make this more sim then,ill shoot way less with JJ if you shoot less 3's with Terry if the 3pt settings go up.

Edit- wtf doesnt terry miss against me,games are fixed!

This might benefit crappy teams like mine,but in the long run it just helps to make the teams like Dallas even better.

jobber

looks like week 4 isn't here yet...so i'll just catch up to true tomorrow...

Matrix

Aka when do you want to destroy me?

I'm not free at all tomorrow.

edit- haha didnt see your message,I can ball now.

Matrix

K im going on.

AKA, I would be interested in a trade for Alston and/or Brown. I'd be willing to trade anybody except Billups, Rip, Tayshaun, and Rasheed. So if anything interests you (possibly McDyess/Mohammed) let me know and I'll consider it.

This applies to anyone else for that matter...

Matrix

*sigh*

GG Aka,sloppy passing by both of us.

I cant rebound for shit with the Magic,every game I play im out rebounded by 10+.

Dwight Howard went 1/7,6 out of his 7 misses Yao blocked I think :lol

Also Stackhouse is a spaz wih dunking,twice blew dunks that ****ed up runs for me.

AkaBalla

ChrisJames said:
AKA, I would be interested in a trade for Alston and/or Brown. I'd be willing to trade anybody except Billups, Rip, Tayshaun, and Rasheed. So if anything interests you (possibly McDyess/Mohammed) let me know and I'll consider it.

This applies to anyone else for that matter...

Trade offered

*sigh*

GG Aka,sloppy passing by both of us.

I cant rebound for shit with the Magic,every game I play im out rebounded by 10+.

Dwight Howard went 1/7,6 out of his 7 misses Yao blocked I think

Yes very sloppy with passing.... Tmac was hot early but faded away. And Yao was all over the place.. 7 blocks but only 4 rebounds.. lol

Top Bottom